Endless Running

Eremophobia, Am I?

"Choi Siwon." Yesung said slowly, as he looked down, his expression showing pain and hurt. "He's a psychiatrist." Yesung said shortly, making Ryeowook flinched a little.

"A psychiatrist? How do you know him?" Ryeowook asked, frowning a little, making Yesung sighed.

"Well, when we came back here, my adopted father had established a good business here. We were very happy at that time, and for the first time I realized that I have someone to call Dad and Mom even though they are not my biological one. They never have any trouble showering me with their love,a nd make sure that I got the best from them. Not a day past by without me feeling grateful to the Lord, for sending such a beautiful creature to me." Yesung smiled a little, before he continued talking.

"One day, I got a very happy news. My mom, she was pregnant. Two months old. I was ecstatic and very happy. Finally, I can become a big brother. Finally I will have someone to play, someone to protect, and someone to love. My Dad was very happy too. After so many years of waiting, he finally have a child from his own blood. I remember he brought Mom and me many gifts a few days after that, and brought us out for dinner. But then..." Yesung trailed off, as he could feel his warm tears slid down his cheeks. He held back a sob, and clenched his fist tight, making his hands turned white. Ryeowook looked at Yesung, curious as why his long lost friend had turned to be like this.

"That night, we had an accident. When we were on our way home. Dad was driving, and Mom were at the passenger seat. I was at the back, singing softly along with the song that was aired at that time while my parents were engaged in their own conversation. I remembered the song ended, and I asked my Dad to change the radio station. It was then I heard my Mom screamed, and then a blinding lights seemed to light upon us. I could hear a screeching sound of the brake, and a loud honking. Then, I knew we collided with something, because I was thrown forward, and my head knocked onto the driver's seat. I could feel our car spinning, before finally everything was dark." Yesung said slowly, before he finally let out a soft sibs, and he wiped his tears off his cheeks.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Ryeowook said softly, as he looked at Yesung. Although he feel uncomfortable with his hands and feet tied, but he couldn't help to think that Yesung had it rough. "Tell me what happened then." Ryeowook added, coaxing Yesung to keep on telling him the story, as he was curious.

"Well, I woke up a week later,with a few broken ribs and broken legs. They told me my Dad was dead, and Mom was having miscarriage, and she was in coma. I was treated, and I got better each day,  ut Mom never woke up. Finally, after a month, I was discharged from the hospital. One of my aunt came by to get me. As I went to see my mom before I went back, I was greeted by the news that my Mom had just passed away a few minutes before I arrived. It was a great blow for me, for I never felt such a big loss. I remembered crying for days, and my eyes gt all red and sore from crying." Yesung explained, and paused for a while, taking adeep breath before he continued.

"I moved to my aunt house, and I changed school. Apparently, my aunt hated me because she thought that I have brought some bad omen to my family, just because I came from the orphanage. She treated me like a servant. This had been going on for a few months, before she finally lose some screw in her head. She forbade me to go to school, and she locked me in my room, and everyday she would come home drunk, and beat me up, before throwing some food on the floor for me to eat. Sometimes she didn't come to visit me at all, and sometimes I was given a bad food." Yesung shake his head, and he put his hand on his eyes, closing them for a while before opening it again.

"Then later, I was moved from my room down to the basement. There, I lost track of time, and she rarely came to vist, except to gave me food and beat me to a pulp. I don't know what happened to her at that time, nor did I know how long I was locked there. All I knew was I had no more strength left to struggle, and I just hope for some food to be delivered. I was really scared, and it's getting cold and lonely all the time." Yesung nodded, before he sighed.

"Then, one day I was rescued. I was brought out to see the sunlight again, and then I was admitted to the hospital again. But I don't know what happened, but all I knew was I cannot bear to be left alone. I got really scared and overwhelmed. I remembered my aunt was admitted to a psychiatry, and before long, I was admitted to the same psychiatry as well. I didn't really remember why, but they said I had experience a traumatic event in my life that I had developed some sort of phobia. I got really disturbed, and they said I often got seizures, and I threw tantrums whenever I was left alone when I was in the hospital. They said I got Eremophobia." Yesung said, and he looked at Ryewook. It took Ryewook some time to digest Yesung's story, before everything makes sense.

"Don't tell me that this Choi Siwon is the psychiatrist that worked there?" Ryeowook asked slowly, and Yesung just nodded.

"He is. In fact, he was the one handling my case, and I'm glad he did. He said I am getting better, and without realizing it, I craved for his attention. I wanted him to be beside me, and he always did. All I need to do was ask, and he will keep me company all day long. He's a kind man, and one day, I knew I cannot live without him. That I have fallen for him." Ryeowook frowned a little.

"Then?" He asked.

"I confessed that I like him, a lot. Surprisingly, he said he like too. I am glad that my feelings is not one sided. That night, we talked for a long time, and I ended up giving everything I have to him. We've been together for a tear and half now, and I am ha- WAS happy. Our relationship was a bliss, until a few moths ago, I overheard his conversation with another girl. He called her baby, and he told her something about proposing before the girl squeals in delight as she hugged Siwon. I cannot believe that Siwon was cheating behind me. I ran away from the hospital, to my Uncle's house which I am legally custodies to. I just cannot bear to lose Siwon. It's too painful. I guess maybe I wasn't meant to be with him." Yesung said. "This is when I heard about you, here in this school. So I begged him to send me here, and now here I am." Yesung said, smiling as he reached out to Ryeowook's face and caressed his cheeks.

"I saw what Kyuhyun did to you at the park. He made you cry. He hurt you. I know how it feels, to be hurt by someone you love. That's why I'm doing this to you. I'm protecting you from getting hurt, just like what I promised years ago. I hope you understand." Yesung said softly, as he looked at Ryeowook and smiled. Ryeowook gave Yesung a disbelief look.

"No. You cannot do this."


I hope I can find some time to update this story. It will be near the end now. :)