Smoke

The Dark Side of Perfection

Waking up the next morning Seoyeon looked over to see Yeeun in her bed clutching on the back of her shirt like a child. She gently removed herself from Yeeun's grasp and sat on the edge of the bed with her body still aching. Seeing the glass of water and pain killers on the side of the bed she instantly took them and stood up trying to act like she was fine. As she walked past a mirror in the hallway she saw that she had bandages on her face and her bruises were barely visible. Smiling shyly to herself Seoyeon headed to the kitchen and made breakfast for everyone. Just as she set the last thing on the table everyone stumbled out of their room like zombies. Everyone froze when they saw Yeeun come out of her room as she was wearing one of Zelo's shirts that went to the middle of her thighs. When the guys saw this they began laughing and shoving Zelo around.

"She said she wanted something comfortable to wear to bed." Zelo said with a blush rising along his face. Slowly everyone sat at the table and began eating but Seoyeon sat there pushing her food around the plate feeling that something was off today. She couldn't explain it but there was a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach that something bad would happen today. Seeing this Himchan patted her hand reassuringly and took her plate away along with his. She smiled at him and got out of the chair and headed straight back to bed. She wanted to sleep through the day so whatever was going to happen would just skip over her. Yongguk went into her room to tell them they were leaving and when he saw she was fast asleep he went to her nightstand, took the glass and was about to walk away when he saw her lighter sitting by the lamp. On it was a laughing skull with a top hat surrounded by cards. Yongguk's eyes grew wide as he gently ran his fingers over the cold metal, he had seen that lighter before but he had no idea how Seoyeon would have gotten her hands on it. Startled, Yongguk left the room and headed out with the rest of the guys. Two hours later Seoyeon rolled out of bed unable to stay asleep with Yeeun running around and making noise in the living room.

"YAH!" Seoyeon yelled as she stepped into the hallway, Yeeun smiled innocently at her sister and tried to be quiet while dancing to her favourite song. She was going to scold her sister for turning the music so loud but as she was walking she saw the Yongguk's bedroom door was open. Figuring she could score more money, Seoyeon went in and turned the lights on revealing a rather neat room. She threw some of his dirty laundry in the hamper and she saw a large bag spilling out of the closet, she tried to shove it in the closet and shut the door but the bag fell open and a gun tumbled to her feet. Hoping that it was plastic, Seoyeon picked it up but it was heavy and as cold as death. She dropped it on the bag reveling that it was packed full with guns and ammunition. Some of them even had dried blood on it, Seoyeon thought she was going to be sick as she stumbled backwards and sat on the edge of her bed unable to look away from it. Every fiber of her being wanted badly to run away from this place and pretend they never met B.A.P but something deeper inside of her convinced her to put the bag in the closet and leave it alone. Seoyeon got changed and rushed out of the apartment telling Yeeun she would be back soon. She headed straight to the convenience store and bought another pack of smokes and she didn't wait till she got home to light them. Sitting against one of the empty houses that many use for drug smuggling and as a place to take a e, Seoyeon smoked and played with the Zippo lighter that she had kept very dear to her for a long time.

"Hey sweet heart, want to have a good time?" Two guys in tank tops and backwards hats came up and tried to talk to her. They were clearly drunk and Seoyeon was slightly impressed that at ten in the morning these idiots seemed to be drunk. She spit on their shoes and gave them a bright smile.

"No, I don't want to ing go with you. So leave me along before I kick your face in." She glared at them and they walked away after calling her names. Some days having a fighting personality came in handy. As it got later in the day and Seoyeon was working on one of the few cigarettes left in the pack, there were gun shots from the building across from her then there were a few guys yelling. Not expecting what would happen next, Seoyeon saw six men run out of the building covered in blood and with guns in their hands. She stood up to get a better look and when she did one of the men stared at her.

"Yongguk?" She called out and the man flinched, the others began yelling at him to get in the car and he did as they said. They sped off and Seoyeon was left there wondering if she hallucinated the whole thing. She couldn't deal with knowing that they were killers, especially Yongguk and Himchan. Never before had Seoyeon wished so hard that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Deciding it was time to head home Seoyeon took the long way and as she approached the apartment building she saw the same car sitting in the parking lot. Praying that it was just a coincidence, Seoyeon went upstairs to see B.A.P and Yeeun laugh and chatting like always. Yongguk instantly grabbed her and dragged her to the roof top which left Himchan a little confused and jealous that he got to spend alone time with her.

"I'm sorry you had to see that today." Was the first thing he said and Seoyeon hung her head hoping that he would have denied it, but Yongguk was too honest for that. Now she knew that it was really them and she wanted to leave and pretend this never happened. She reached into her pocket, pulled out a cigarette and her Zippo and started smoking again. Before she could put the lighter back in her pocket Yongguk grabbed her wrist and got a closer look at it. "Where did you get this?"

"It was my fathers, I got it when he was killed." She ripped her hand away from him and blew smoke in his face. "Not that it's any of your business." She sat on the edge of the roof again and refusing to let her sit there alone in case she fell to her death Yongguk sat beside her. The two easily held a conversation and stayed there until one in the morning when Seoyeon fell asleep on his shoulder.

 

-------------

~Please comment~

Starting tomorrow I have university again so I will be updating very randomly *Sobs* don't be surprised if I update maybe once every week or so D: