Review

The Dark Side of Perfection

PEANUTBUTTERJELLY REVIEW SHOP http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/333571/peanutbutterjelly-review-shop-open-kpop-review-reviewshop-fanfictionsreview

 

Title - I love the title ! I know someone else came up with it, but I think it suited your story well. (2)

Description - I thought that your description of the story was very good, it explained it to me without giving anything away. (4)

Foreword - Good, maybe a group picture of B.A.P would've been better but I don't mind. (4)

Sub-Total = 10

 

Plot - WOW I don't know where to start, it was such a good story line, I actually could not stop reading. I finished the fic in one day ! I was writing out the plot as best as I could whilst reading, and looking back I can see that it was easy to follow. No need to take marks off for this part, it was so well written ! I just can't explain my /feels/ for Yeeun and Zelo, and the love triange between Himchan, Yongguk and Soyeon/Seoyeon was a good amount of angst. The only thing that annoyed me was how the girls were kiddnapped pretty much every time they went outside, but I'm assuming that without this happening there would not be as much action etc. Also Soyeon/Seoyeon being pregnant towards the end, that really caught me off guard, I was not expecting that. Fantastic ! (30)

Originality - I've never read a B.A.P fic before, but because I've never read a fic anything like this, I will give you full marks here. (Maybe because I only read SMTown fics, and SMTown fics are only set in magical lands, SM building and SMTown dorms ?) (10)

Sub-Total = 40

 

Characters - I liked the B.A.P characters (they were all fine) and Yeeun, my only criticism would be that Soyeon/Seoyeon's character was at first very tough etc. but I thought that these characteristics decreased as the story went on a bit ? Or maybe they just weren't as evident or explained as much as the story went on. (14)

Sub-Total = 14

 

Layout - I have no issues with the layout, the font was good (I think it's just the pre-set one for AFF ?) and it was big enough for me to read (I'm pretty much blind so don't mind me over here). I liked the background too, it was a pretty colour. It didn't fit with the story at all, but for some reason I liked that. (15)

Sub-Total = 15

 

Pictures and Gifs - I like your picture at the top of each chapter, good graphic : ). I liked the gifs in the Author's note but maybe they were sometimes irrelevant ? I still liked them though (and I took your That XX gif if you don't mind, I might put it on tumblr and credit you :3 ) (14)

Sub-Total = 14

 

Other - I didn't like the updates or the polls because now they don't apply to the story, could you please take them out ? They didn't bother me that much but by the third one it was kind of off-putting (sorry I must sound really picky now). Giving you extra marks because ZELO AND YEEUN SO CUTE~ (I really like fluffy fics) and they just made my day. They were a good contrast to all the angst and killing and kidnapping and such. Hooray for cuteness~! A few spelling errors/typos etc, but readers are likely to pass over them. (3)

Sub-Total = 3

 

Total = 96/100 = 96%

 

Reviewer note: Congratulations ! From reading your fic, I get the feeling that you may be an experienced/good writer ? Have you written before ? Also it's funny that I reviewed your fic because I don't like angsty fics and I don't know much about any of the groups in your fic, so this is kind of my way of saying 'thank you' because I would of never come accross a fic like this otherwise. So, thank you~! (and I read all of it. I couldn't stop reading~)
^^~ Peanut

 

[Do you guys agree? :) ]