He Has a Girlfriend?

The Exchange Student

"Zelo oppa, when is the dance recital?" I asked the beanstalk who was dancing in front of our eating group of friends.

 
We decided to eat Fridays's lunch out on the school roof since nobody really ate out there anyway. Aside from the dancing blonde boy, everything else was quiet. I was sitting with my legs criss-crossed on a bench as I drank some milk tea. Ricky was sitting next to me and Chunji and Youngmin were sitting on the edge of a nearby planter.
 
"Today! You're so silly Anika!" Zelo replied.
 
"Of course I know that! I meant what time today! You're so silly Zelo!" I said as I mimicked Zelo's tone of voice. He pouted.
 
"It starts at 8pm, today. You don't have to be so mean!" 
 
"Mianhae. I'm just a bit worried."
 
"Wae? It's not like you're going to preform or anything." 
 
"I know..."
 
"It's because she has a date with someone today~!" Chunji chimed in. 
 
I shot a glare at him causing his eyes to go wide. Youngmin wasn't supposed to know anything about this! And unfortunately, he's here and will now know about it! I mentally face palmed myself. 'Aish. Now what am I supposed to say?' I asked myself. Yesterday, before Kwangmin dropped me off at Chunji's, he asked me to go to with him to watch the recital the dance team was going to preform today.
 
*FLASHBACK TO THE DAY BEFORE...*
 
As Kwangmin and I walked back from the park he took my hand and placed his phone into it. 
 
"Can I have your number?" He asked. 
 
I never thought any guy would ever ask me for that. Wait. He's now my boyfriend. Of course he should have my number. I put my number in and smiled as I handed it back to him. Then he held my hand again. He intertwined his fingers with mine as he continued to smile down at me. I looked down to the ground to hide my blush but occasionally looked up through my bangs to peek at his handsome face. We continued to walk for a few minutes until we reached his house. I released my hand from his causing him to look at me with confusion.
 
"Wae?"
 
"We're at your place. Aren't you going home?"
 
"Yeah. But after I drop you off of course."
 
"No. I can walk myself."
 
"But I need to be there just in case something happens. And I need to give you your goodnight kiss when we get there." He said causing my face to heat up. 
 
I still wasn't used to him being my boyfriend. Especially receiving kisses. It still wasn't even a day after all. Anyway, I know it'll take more than a few days to get used to it. I despise my disability to easily adapt to things.
 
"I-it's only five o'clock. I don't need a goodnight kiss."
 
"I know. I'm just going to give you an early one since I won't be there when you go to bed. Unless you want me to drop by to give you one. I'd be glad to." That caught me off guard.
 
"No no! Do do that!" I shouted unintentionally then sighed. "Okay then. Feel free to drop me off." He smiled victoriously and took my hand. Then we continued walking to Chunji's.
 
We soon reached the gates to Chunji's enormous house and continued walking up the lengthy driveway. I was about to turn the corner to climb up the front steps but Kwangmin tightened his grip on my hand and pulled me back and out of view from the door. I looked back at him with a questioning look. He brought his finger up to his lips. And bent down to my level and spoke in a low voice. I love that voice.
 
"I'll give you your kiss here. We don't want any interruptions." He said. 
 
I cocked my head to the side for I was still confused. Then I remembered what happened on Tuesday. Chunji seemed to have been there to open the door just before we kissed. Kwangmin chuckled slightly before leaning in to connect his lips to mine. Five seconds passed and he pulled away. 
 
"Would you like to come watch the dance recital with me tomorrow? I have tickets for us." he asked.
 
My brain was lagged after the kiss so I just nodded numbly. I don't remember being this clumsy and slow. He moved closer and put his arms around my waist and walked me up the steps to the front door.
 
"Alright then. Where should we meet?" 
 
"Umm... I don't know." I replied.
 
"Do you think it's okay for you to be at my place? Maybe at seven?"
 
"Sure."
 
"Okay! It's a date." He said and smiled as he rung the doorbell. 
 
We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and saw Chunji's cute face pop up from behind the curtains next to the door. Then it swung open to reveal a grinning Chunji.
 
"Hi guys! How was your tutoring?" He asked with rushed words.
 
"It was great!" Kwangmin said. Then Chunji once again, grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside. 
 
"Oh what fun! See you tomorrow! Bye!" Then he slammed the door on Kwangmin's face and turned to me.
 
"Oppa what are you doing? That's not very nice! I wanted to tell you something!"
 
"I wanted to tell you something too!" I was about to say something but he spoke before me. "I'll go first!" I sighed.
 
"Okay."
 
"Well... What are you doing? Planning a date tomorrow when you know your'e already going to Zelo's dance recital? You said you'd go!" So Chunji heard us. Are there hidden cameras somewhere? But it seems that he didn't hear all of it.
 
"Oppa, the date that is planned it going to be at the dance recital. I'm just going with Kwangmin. I'll still be there to watch Zelo. And we can still see each other too."
 
". . . Oh. Okay then."
 
"Anyway, aren't you going with L.joe oppa? You don't need me there when you already have a date!" I said and smiled. 
 
But Chunji returned with an unexpected reaction. His expression saddened. His gaze moved to the floor and his lower lip started quivering. 'OMO. WHAT HAPPENED?! WHAT DID I SAY?!' I mentally shouted. Chunji backed up to lean on the wall nearby and slid down to sit on the floor with his knees brought up to his chest. He brought his arms up to rest on his knees and his head on top of them.
 
"What happened?" I asked gently as I rushed to his side and kneeled next to him.
 
He peeked up from his little ball of sadness and I saw that tears were trailing from his beautiful doe-like eyes and down his cute cheeks. He opened his mouth to speak but only a squeak escaped his lips. Then he dropped his head back to his arms and began crying quietly. All I could do was hug him and rub his back gently.
 
"Oppa, please tell me what happened." I asked with a soft voice.
 
"It...it's okay. It's not... that im...important." He tried to say between hiccups. I felt his sadness spread to me. Nothing's okay. He's obviously crying for something important. It was really painfull to see him like this.
 
 
"Please tell me." I begged. 
 
He peeked up again. This time his eyes were reddened from the tears. I nodded slowly. He released his arms from his knees and sat up straight while trying to inhale deeply with a few hiccups distorting his breath. He leaned his head on the wall while looking forward. Tears were still streaming down his cheeks.
 
"L.joe can't come." He said. 'Is that it?' I asked myself.
 
"Why?" There has to be more, and I was right.
 
"Because he has a date with his girlfriend."
 
"He has a girlfriend?" I asked. I can't say that it's shocking. L.joe is rather handsome.
 
"Nae. He said their going on a dinner date. All I could do was smile and encourage him." Chunji said and frowned as he tried to hold in another sob. 
 
But he couldn't. He quickly pulled himself into another ball of depression and continued sobbing. I looked down at him with empathy and hugged him again as I rubbed his back. 
 
"I'm sorry. I will come with you tomorrow then." I said. 
 
I really didn't want to cancel my first date. But this was for Chunji and it's worth it. If he takes care of me, I will take care of him.
 
"No." He said and sat up again. "Don't. I don't want to interfere with you two."
 
"It's okay. I don't want you to be alone tomorrow."
 
"No." He said again. "I won't be alone. Don't worry about me. I'll still be with Youngmin and Ricky too."
 
"Chunji oppa..."
 
"I'll be fine okay?" He said and smiled up at me with tears still in his eyes. I felt pity spread over me and couldn't do anything but feel bad for him. I sighed.
 
"Okay oppa. If you need me, I'll be there." I said and got up. 
 
I went to the kitchen and took two boxes of milk tea from the fridge and sat back beside him. I opened the box and gave him one. He accepted and smiled. I smiled back and we both sat there sipping our drinks.
 
*END OF FLASH BACK*
 
"What?! Date? With who?" Youngmin asked with utter surprise.
 
"Where are you guys going?" Ricky added.
 
"When? Are you going to be there for the show?" Zelo asked with anticipation.
 
"YAH. CALM YOUR BALLS, YOU GUYS." I shouted. Everyone stopped talking. I first turned to Zelo. "Yes, I'll be there." Then to Ricky. "We'll be at the school." Then to Youngmin. "Yes, a date. And it's a surprise. You'll see then."
 
"The date is basically the dance recital. It's just that she's going with someone else." Chunji explained. "Oh. I don't need this." Then he held the ticket meant for L.joe out to Zelo. I held mine out too.
 
"I don't need them either, you guys. The recital is today and it's too late to return them. Just keep them for souvenirs!" He said cheerfully. 
 
"Alright then! That's actually a good idea for when I go back to the States!" I said in agreement. 
 
But then I saw Chunji's expression sadden. I felt so bad for him. But I can't speak of it when the others are around. They still don't know yet. Then I turned to Chunji.
 
"Oppa, I can have that ticket if you don't want it." I said to him smiling. 'If he doesn't want to deal with this heartbreak alone, I can help him take the pain away.' He looked at me with a meaningful smile. He knows what I meant.
 
"Can you hold onto it for a while? I think I might want it back sometime later." He smiled at me sweetly. I nodded; understanding what he said.
 
Then the bell rang signaling the end of lunch break. We all stood up and straightened our uniforms and headed to the door. Then Zelo's stomach growled.
 
"Yah! Zelo-ah! Did you even eat your lunch? " Ricky asked.
 
"Ani. I was too busy practicing! But don't worry! I'll eat during class!" He replied cheerfully.
 
"I doubt they'll let you."
 
"Of course they wont! That's why I'm going to eat in my desk!"
 
"Aish." 
 
We sighed and all exited the rooftop to our classes.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Classes finished and I looked down at my desk with narrowed eyes. Then my gaze moved to Minwoo who was packing his bag beside me. I glared at him and he looked up at me with an evil smirk. I rubbed my left cheek which was covered with stinging sensations from the numerous elastic bands he shot at me during class. I tried my best to keep silent during class because I didn't want to get in trouble with Mrs. Kim like what happened last time. I had places to be and I don't want anything to ruin my plans. Especially today.
 
Beaver teeth stood up and swung his bag over his shoulder hitting my head in the process. I wanted to take his bag and throw it out the window. But I knew it wasn't a good idea with all these girls in classroom with their eyes glued on him. I took a deep breath and turned my head in the opposite direction to Ricky who was already standing next to me waiting for us to leave the classroom. I stood up with my stuff and nodded; signaling that I was ready to go. Then we left to head to Chunji's classroom. As we neared the room at the end of he hallway, we already heard girls from that place screaming.
 
"T.O.P OPPA! BE MY BOYFRIEND!" So they're in Chunji's class?
 
'That must be annoying.' I Thought to myself. As Ricky and I entered the classroom, we saw Chunji seated at one of the desks and numerous people were crowded around it. He's surprisingly popular. Well... Not surprisingly. He noticed us and signaled us over. Ricky smoothly strode over as I awkwardly scurried to Chunji's side. I felt a bit frightened with all these seniors around. I noticed that there was Eli and Kris who were hanging around in the large group of people. I greeted them when Ricky spoke.
 
"Hyung, do you have the homework?" He asked. What homework? Chunji froze for a few seconds and nodded. Then he stood up from his seat.
 
"I have to go now. See you guys!" He said and we left the classroom.
 
"Ricky, what homework were you talking about? Is it special or something?" I asked as we walked through the hallways.
 
"Well... It's not really special. They're notes and stuff for Donghyun hyung so he can keep up."
 
"Oh. Isn't it impossible for him to catch up after missing so much school?"
 
"Nope! It's possible because he's one of those really smart people that can catch up easily even though they're absent for a weeks! And if he continues to get better like this after his second surgery, he'll be back sometime next week! So there's not much to worry about!
 
"But wouldn't the twins have to deliver it to him since they're related?"
 
"Yeah. That's what the teacher suggested. But since Chunji is in his class, he volunteered to do it."
 
"Awwe! That's so nice of you Chunji oppa!" I said as I turned to Chunji. He smiled in response.
 
"Okay that's enough of talking about me and Donghyun. We need to go drop this off." He said as he lifted up a package of papers. Then Youngmin ran up to us huffing. 
 
"Yah. Where were you guys? I went to your classrooms after the bell but you weren't there."
 
"Why are you huffing?" Ricky asked as he ignored Youngmin's question. Youngmin rolled his eyes.
 
"I was running." I shrugged. Short, but acceptable answer. Then Chunji spoke to me.
 
"Ricky and I are going to drop off Donghyun's homework. You and Youngmin will go to my house and wait for us there."
 
"Mwoh? Wae? Why can't I come!" I whined. I wanted to say hi to Donghyun too!
 
"Because Zelo will complain about why everyone except for him went to visit Donghyun. So we need to make it fair for him."
 
"Fine. Let's go Youngmin. " said and grabbed his wrist; pulling him the direction of our house. This might be a good chance to find out what happened between Youngmin and Kwangmin,
 
"Bye~! See you guys later!" I heard Ricky say cheerfully so I turned around and waved at them. Chunji stuck his tounge out at me. I grinned at the cuteness and we continued walking.
 
* * * 
 
Youngmin and I walked to Chunji's house in a silence. It was kind of awkward because I was his brother's girlfriend and he didn't even know about it. I'm not sure wether I should tell him now or wait until later today. 'Eottoke?' I asked myself. We continued walking up the steps and I rang the doorbell. 
 
3...
 
2...
 
1...
 
"Anika, nobody's home remember?" Youngmin asked. My mouth made an "O" shape. Oh yeah. Wait... Don't we need a key?
 
"But I don't have a key."
 
"I know."
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"I have it." Youngmins said smiling as he pulled it out of his pocket. My jaw dropped.
 
"Why didn't Chunji give it to me? You don't even live here!" I complained.
 
"Maybe because he knew that you wouldn't remember such essential things like this. It didn't even come to your mind that you would even need a house key." He said as he opened the door. I huffed as I walked in and sat down on the couch in the living room. 
 
"True." I said in agreement. Then my phone rang.
 
"Geubi dalla namdalla tae tae tae taega dalla
I like it i like it!
Mwonga dalla neon dalla tae tae tae taega dalla
I like it i like it!
 
Dont break oeoeo okay oeoeo play dont break!
Dont break oeoeo okay oeoeo play dont break!" (BTOB- WOW)
 
That's right. I changed my ringtone. I do this often anyway.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" I asked.
 
"Annyeong! Anika?"
 
"Nae?"
 
"Can you do me a favor?" he asked.
 
"Mhm! Tell me!"
 
"Make sure that Youngmin doesn't eat anything."
 
"Wae?"
 
"Because he eats a lot when he comes to my house."
 
"Err... Okay..." I looked around for Youngmin.
 
'. I lost him.' I stood up and walked to the kitchen. There, he was looking through the fridge. The very rare, and unique Jo Youngmin is found in a rather different environemt from his usual habitat. The Youngmin is currently searching for food in the home of a very dangerous predator: The Lee Chanhee. The Chanhee allows the Youngmin to wander in it's home. But If the Youngmin consumes or misplaces any of the Chanhee's property, The Chanhee will attack. The Youngmin is also a relative species to the Jo Kwangmin but they do not get along well so they choose to avoid each other.
 
Statistics of The Jo Youngmin:
 
height: 180 cm
 
blood type: A
 
Scientific name: Jostida Youngminus, Prince of Charisma
 
What is this? The Youngmin has found a source of nutrition in a cool storage place. The Youngmin has found a packaged, boxshaped liquid of fruit extract.
 
"What if he is already looking through the fridge and about to get some juice?" I whispered into my phone.
 
"TACKLE HIM TO THE GROUND AND DONT LET HIM GO UNTIL YOU MAKE HIM GIVE IT TO YOU." (Ahaha... I have such dirty references in this story. Count them all if you please)
 
"Please don't tell me that your're serious." I said out of humor.
 
"I AM DEAD SERIOUS. HE SHALL NOT CONSUME A CRUMB OF MY FOOD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I WANT YOU TO HANG UP ON ME RIGHT NOW AND KNOCK THAT FOOD OUT OF HIS HANDS RIGHT NOW." 
 
Ohmigod. He really is serious. I hung up on him and dropped my phone on the floor. Then I went all quarterback on Youngmin and tackled him to the ground grabbing the juice box out of his hands and swiftly placing it back into the fridge. He sat up on the kitchen tile with eyes wide open and jaw dropped. I smiled sheepishly.
 
"Chunji oppa told me to do it." 
 
"How did you get so strong?" He asked in disbelief.
 
"He yelled at me so I guess it was adrenaline rush."
 
"I see. Can I have some food?"
 
"Ani. You're not allowed. Sorry." I said. Youngmin sighed. "We should order something since I'm hungry too." Youngmin immediately perked up.
 
"I'll order spicy ddukkbokki!" He said and pulled out his phone and dialed a number. I don't care who, what or where he called. But I want food. We sat in the living room waiting for the delivery in silence.
 
"Anika," Youngmin started.
 
"Nae?"
 
"Who is your date tonight? I really want to know."
 
Oh no. Why did he have have to ask now? I don't know what to say! Should I tell him now or should I just get him to let me tell later? I know he's not going to be happy when he finds out who it is. Maybe the best time I should tell him is now since there is nobody to see him rage. Or maybe the best time is later, during the recital so he can't rage because of all the people that will be around. 'Noooooo! Eottoke?!' I mentally screamed at myself. Then my crazy internal debate stopped.
 
"You don't want to know."
 
"Yes I do."
 
"No you don't."
 
"Yes, I do."
 
"No, you don't."
 
"I think I know what I want."
 
"But it's not about who my date is."
 
"It's about that exactly."
 
"Why do you want to know so much?"
 
"Because I'm a nosy person."
 
"I know you're not."
 
"I'm not, but I want to know. So tell me."
 
"Alright!" I gave up. He smiled victoriously.
 
"...Well?"
 
"It's Kwangmin."
 
"Mianhae. Can you please repeat that? I think I misheard you." He asked with disbelief. 
 
"My date is Kwangmin." His smile dropped completely. Then seconds of silence passed by.
 
3 seconds...
 
6 seconds...
 
9 seconds...
 
12 seconds...
 
Then an explosion.
 
"MWOH?! KWANGMIN?! OF ALL PEOPLE, IT'S KWANGMIN?! YOUR DATE IS THE EVIL FAILURE OF A GENTLEMAN THEY CALL KWANGMIN?! YOU KNOW I HATE HIM! YOU KNOW I DO! AND YET YOU STILL AGREED TO GO GO ON A DATE WITH HIM?!" He raged and stood up from his seat. He started moving towards me flaming. I swear I could see fire omitting from him. I backed up to the wall next to the staircase. "WHY ANIKA?! WHY HIM?! DO YOU HATE ME?!" He asked as he moved closer and grabbed my shoulders pinning me to the wall. 
 
Then the doorbell rang. Youngmin dropped his hands and composed himself as he walked to the front door. It was the delivery. Youngmin smiled as he received the food and made the payment. He waved goodbye and shut the door gently before dropping the food on the floor. He turned around to face me and was once again flaming. My eyes widened at the sudden character change and he grabbed my shoulders for the second time.
 
"DO YOU?! DO YOU HATE ME?!" I sighed and grabbed his wrists tightly. Then I ripped them off my shoulders pulling them down so he could reach my height. I took a deep breath.
 
"I DON'T HATE YOU OPPA." Surprise washed over his face and his expression changed completely. "Why would I hate you? You didn't do anything wrong. You're a very nice person and you're highly tolerant. You deal with your brother and crazy people like Zelo every day. I do not despise you in any way." I said with an extremely softened voice. Thankfully, he relaxed himself and calmed down. I let go of him so he could stand up straight.
 
"Mianhae. The mention of his name must've gotten to me. I'll just let it be then. If you really want to date him, then I guess I'll have to deal with it. But I have to warn you. All the relationships that he's had never end well on the girl's behalf. Please be careful." Well... He seemed to have dealt with it rather quickly. I guess...
 
"Don't worry. I will."
 
"I'm afraid I have to."
 
"...If you say so."
 
With that, he walked over the the dropped bag of delivery that we ordered and walked to the kitchen.
 
"Let's eat!" He said as he gestured for me to follow him. And I did so.
 
* * *
 
It was already 6:45 pm and Youngmin and I were still the only one's in the house. I was already prepared for my date with Kwangmin with the "help" and "encouragement" I received my Youngmin. The "encouragement" being words such as "He's not worth curling your hair for", "He's not worth putting makeup on for", and "He's not worth brushing your teeth for". Well... I'm glad that Youngmin cares. We were now sitting at the dining table flicking coins back and forth at each other because we ran out of things to do.
 
"Yah. When are they coming back? Didn't they say they were only going to drop off Donghyun hyung's homework?" Youngmin asked nobody in specific. No one else was in the house so I decided to answer. 
 
"Yeah. They did. We should call them." I said as I pulled out my phone and dialed Chunji's number. Then I put it on speaker.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" Chunji asked. I looked at Youngmin who waiting across the table and we both smiled evilly.
 
"Excuse me, is this Miss Lee Chanhee?"
 
"Errm... This is Mister Lee Chanhee."
 
"Umm... Yes. I meant mister. Anyway, it seem that your order of playboy magazines with the number of 12 items isn't yet payed for."
 
"E-excuse me?"
 
"Your order of playboy magazines, you haven't payed for it yet. The total price is 120,000 won."
 
"Mwoh?! I haven't ordered anything!" 
 
But isn't this your adress? 12345 67 street?" (haha. Now you know where he lives. If this is actually your address, it is completely coincidental)
 
"N-Nae, but I've never received any playboy magazines." The we heard Ricky's voice on the other end.
 
"Hyung? You ordered playboy? That's gross!" Youngmin stifled a laugh.
 
"Could you at least make the payment? We already sent you the order a month ago."
 
"I can't do that. I can't pay for something I haven't even bought! Anyway, I'm underaged! I don't even have the access to such things!"
 
"Then we should just contact your parents instead."
 
"ANI. PLEASE DON'T. I DIDN'T ORDER ANYTHING I SWEAR." Then we heard Ricky's voice again.
 
"Chunji hyung! Let me talk!" 
 
"No Ricky! This is serious!" Chunji said. "Yah! Give it back!" His voice was now distant.
 
"Hyung. This is Anika's number." Ricky said.
 
"MWOH?!" We heard a rustling sound from the mobile and then Chunji's clear voice. "ANIKA. WAE?!" Youngmin laughed. "JO YOUNGMIN." 
 
"Come home!" Youngmin said and hung up. 
 
We looked at each other across the table and burst out laughing. Then the doorbell rang. Youngmin got up from his eat and walked to the front door. I followed but stayed by the kitchen entrance. All the lights in the house were off except those in the kitchen so it was kind of creepy. Youngmin creaked the door open to take a peek at who it was but it barged open causing him to be shoved to the ground. 'Omgomgomgomg' was the only thing going through my head. I froze in utter fear. 'NO! I must not be useless!' I thought to myself. At the now wide, open front door was a tall, dark, thin figure (no, it's not slendermen). And behind the figure as another one but slightly shorter. The first one walked in and grabbed Youngmin and pulled him up by his shirt. Then it spoke.
 
"Jo Youngmin. You will die tonight." It said with a low scary voice. Then the one behind it moved next to the taller one, placing it's hand on it's shoulder.
 
"Chunji hyung, don't overreact. It's not like anyone else saw you freak out back there." 
 
. . . It was Chunji and Ricky? I swear it wasn't them. It would be too fast for them to have gotten home after the prank call. I flicked on the lights. In realization that it was the other two, Youngmin stood up properly and looked down at Chunji. He smirked. 
 
"Yah. Don't abuse your advantage of being taller." Chunji said and passed the dirty blonde.
 
"How did you guys get home so fast after the phone call?" I asked.
 
"We were almost here that time. So it was useless to do so." Chunji answered.
 
"I think it was worth it. We got to troll Chunji hyung." Youngmin said.
 
"But why did you take so long to deliver the homework?"
 
"Oh... Hahaha... We ate out. Then we hung out at the mall..." Ricky said as he scratched the back of his head. Youngmin and I sighed.
 
"Well I have to get ready. I'll be down soon." Chunji said as he ran up the stairs.
 
"Oh yeah. I have to go too! I'll see you guys later at the school! Bye!" I said before heading out the door. 
 
Everyone waved and I was gone. 'Yes! I'm going to have my first date!' I thought to myself. I hope it'll end well.
 

 

Hey guys! What's up? I know, I know. I uploaded 4 hours too late. But at least it's here right? I was supposed to include the dance recital in this chapter but I ran out of time. But surely, I will next chapter. I hope you guys will continue to enjoy reading! And wooooow. I've made so many attempts to write about how Youngmin has got all these rumors and what happened between the Jo twins but they never happened! It always seemes that something else got in the way! But I promise, it will be releaved. I don't know when... but it will happen. 
 
~Sandra :)