Power Outage

Undercover Cop

 

Baekhyun's POV
 
I was happy that Jihae was gonna help me with all this. But I remembered what my boss said about how I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about this so I kept telling her not to anybody about it. I said it so many times I think she was getting a little annoyed. We went to get a burger for dinner since it was Saturday and I didn't get to go to Seoul because I didn't know what to say to Chanyeol and I didn't want to leave after what I did yesterday.
 
"So.. how's Chanyeol doing?" She asked a little worried. She seemed to care a lot about her cousin. But seriously, who would have thought they were related. I was still in shock from what happened yesterday..
 
"I don't know.. He hasn't been out of his room all day. I don't know what he's doing in there. I think he's trying to avoid me for a while, I feel so bad.." I said. Even though Chanyeol and I were both home all day, I didn't see him at all. I felt like he didn't want to see me. I didn't blame him, I probably would have acted the same way if someone blamed me for killing.
 
"Well he went through a lot after his sister's death.." She sighed, "I feel like it's my fault.."
 
"Why?" I asked..Why would it be her fault.. 
 
"Huh? Oh.. Nothing.. I just feel bad.. Let's go if you're done.." She said as she got up to leave..
 
"Oh yeah.. Let's go.."
 
We walked home together since we lived in the same neighborhool and on the way I saw our english teacher, he was with a girl, I couldn't really tell who it was but she kind of looked familiar.. "Hey.. Isn't that David teacher?" I asked Jihae.
 
"Huh? Where?" She asked and I pointed to where they were, "Oh.. I don't think so.. He looks nothing like David teacher.. Let's go! It's getting late." She said and started pulling me by the hand. I was sure that was David teacher..Oh well, maybe I saw it wrong.
 
When we finally got to our destination we said bye to each other and I went in finding Chanyeol on the dinner table eating ramen along with a can of beer. There were also almost 8 empty cans next to him. He also had a picture of someone in his hands, I went closer and I noticed it was a picture of his dead sister and him.
 
"Hey Chanyeol." I said.
 
"Hey Baekhyun.. You're back early." He said, he didn't seem too drunk even though he had so much alcohol.
 
There was an awkward silence when we noticed the lights blinking on and off until the lights were totally off and the house was pitch black.
 
"Oh it's probably just another power outage." Chanyeol said as he got up, "I'll get the candles." He wasn't walking properly, I guess he was drunk after all.
 
He took out the candles from a box and a lighter from the table.. He the first candle, then the second one, "Ouch.." He cried in pain, he burned his finger with the lighter and threw the lighter on the ground.
 
"Chanyeol.. Be careful, I'll do it.." I said and picked up the lighter from the floor.
 
He got up and threw himself on the couch..Thank goodness he wasn't the crazy type when drunk. When I was done turning on all the candles I went to go sit on the couch next to Chanyeol and he sat up as he noticed me there..
 
"Chanyeol.. I- umm.. I wanna apologize about yesterday.." I said..
 
"It's okay Baekhyun..Don't worry about it.." He said forcing on a smiled..
 
I smiled back and we were looking into each other's eyes for a while in total silence. I felt myself slowly falling into his eyes. We slowly approached each other and I felt my lips pressing against his.. 
 
-
OMG I'M SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE!! I was kind of busy? Or maybe a little lazy hehe..
Anyways.. I'll try to update as much as possible! I need to finish summer reading and summer homework :(