The Secret

Undercover Cop

 

Baekhyun's POV
 
I slowly started opening my eyes noticing I was in a hospital room and no one was around. For a second I forgot why I was here, then I remember what happened when I tried to get up but couldn't move an inch at the pain on my rib. I heard someone open the door and I wasn't really paying attention until I heard someone yell.
 
"DOCTOR! DOCTOR! He's awake!!" I looked up to see Chanyeol screaming out the door.
 
The doctor, some nurses came in running and I also saw my boss coming in. "Baekhyun! Are you okay?" He asked looking worried..
 
"Baekhyun! I was worried sick about you.." I heard Chanyeol say with tears strolling down his face..
 
"How are you feeling? Anywhere uncomfortable?" The doctor asked me while the nurses started putting in some injections in my arm..
 
"I'm fine.." I sighed.. "Chanyeol, I'm okay now, don't cry.." I slightly smiled looking at the crying boy next to me.
 
"Call me if you feel uncomfortable anywhere okay.." The doctor said and exited through the door with the nurses following him behind.
 
"Baekhyun.." My boss said.
 
"Channie.. Can you leave the room for a second so I can talk to my boss." I said 
 
"Okay.." He sniffled and slowly left the room turning around every two seconds to look at me.
 
"What happened sir? Did you catch him?" I asked my boss the second I heard the door close.
 
"Yeah.. Don't worry about it anymore. We catched him 3 days ago." He said..
 
"Huh? 3 days?" I asked a little confused..
 
"Baekhyun, you've been unconscious for almost a week already.." He said with a really worried face on. "That boy outside, he seemed to worry about you a lot.. He hasn't left the hospital after he found you."
 
"Huh?"
 
"Oh.. You probably don't know, but a security guard and that boy found you and call 119 (911 in korea) right away.."
 
Chanyeol found me? What was he doing there? No wonder I thought I heard his voice before I passed out..
 
"Well I gotta go.. I have go back to the office.. I'll come back tomorrow. I'm sorry."
 
"Don't need to feel sorry boss.." I smiled, "I was just doing my job."
 
 He smiled and left the room. What was he sorry for? It kind felt weird seeing him so calm like that, usually he was always yelling at me.
 
As soon as he went out, the door opened again and Chanyeol quickly ran up to me sitting down on the chair next to my bed tightly holding up my hands with worry in his eyes. At that moment I was really glad I was alive, I really thought I wasn't going to be able to see his face again.
 
"Baekhyun-ah~ are you really okay?" He asked..
 
"I'm fine..See" I giggled raising my casted arm trying to lift up his mood..
 
"I called Sehun and Jihae so they're probably almost here.." He said.
 
"BAEKHYUN!" The door open with Jihae calling out my name with Sehun behind her..
 
"Hey guys.." I said..
 
"Well I'm gonna get Baekhyun something to eat so you kids can talk.." Chanyeol smiled and left the room..
 
"Baekhyun.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry!" She said with tears streaming down her face..
 
"Why are you sorry?.. Don't be, it's not your fault.." I said patting her on the hear and wiping her tears away..
 
"No.. No! It is my fault, I'm sorry.. I-" Before she could finish she ran out of the room crying..
 
"Poor girl.." Sehun sighed and looked at me.. "Hyung..If I tell you this can you please promise me you won't let anything bad happen to Jihae?"
 
"I promise. You like her don't you?" I smiled..
 
"What? No.." He giggled, "She's like my sister.. We knew each other since we were born! My parents were really good friends with Chanyeol's and Jihae's parents.. That's why we moved here all together from Busan.."
 
"Oh hehe.. Sorry.. So what were you gonna tell me?" I asked.
 
He took a deep breath before he started to talk.."Truth is...Jihae killed her own cousin.." My eyes grew wide in shock at what he just said..
 
"WHAT?!"
 
"But she didn't mean to!! She really didn't! She really regrets it.."
 
"But...Why..?" 
 
He sighed.."Well.. Jihae's cousin and David were dating and...she got jealous cuz... she liked him too..and before she knew it she poisoned her cousin's drink and made it seem like she killed herself.."
 
"Oh.." I didn't know what to say.. I was speechless.. I never thought Jihae would do such a thing.. 
 
"Hyung! Please promise me you won't tell Chanyeol.."
 
"But- I- " I sighed. "Umm.. okay.."
 
"Thanks, well I should go now.." He said and open the door finding Chanyeol standing there dropping the food on the ground..
 
"Chanyeol.." I said, but he ran off before I could say anything else, I tried to stand up but I couldn't. "Sehun!! Ah.. Please, run after him" I said wincing in pain. 'Chanyeol, please, just don't do anything stupid..'