Canada

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time went by fast.

Everything went on the way it used to and soon it was already the middle of November. Henry got more and more nervous the more time passed. He could feel his condition becoming worse, but he decided to completely ignore that. Most important was that he would finally see Ryeowook again! Fnally see his very best friend!

Everything was packed.

It was the day of their departure. The flight would go in the morning of the next day and it would be long and they would have a stop. They would be out for about 18 and a half hours. Henry still had his Canadian passport, making it easier for him to go through the customs when he was there. Zhou Mi would have it harder though...

He was with his parents at the doctor's office, jumping up and down with excitement in the waiting room. The other clients were looking at him strangely, but there was no way he could sit still just then. He was literally counting the seconds how long it still took them until they would finally leave for Canada. Ryeowook's mother would pick them up from the airport and take them on the last hour that it would take them to go back to their home.

"Someone's very excited."

Henry turned around. "Leeteuk!!!" he squealed and ran over to the other, hugging him. "I'll go and see my best friend, I'll finally meet him!!!" he told him for the umpteenth time.

The doctor laughed. "I know, I know. Now c'mon, let's get you checked through."

Henry nodded and followed the doctor. His parents were walking behind them, glad that for the first time their son wasn't jumping around crazily.

After the examination, Leeteuk led them into his office and told Henry to sit down. "So, I couldn't find anything in your blood that could mean any more danger than what you already know about. And I think you do know that you are doing a lot of crazy things. I still wouldn't recommend this journey, especially not regarding how hyper you are right now."

"I'm sorry... But I can't help it."

The doctor sighed. "I know. But I am afraid, your symptoms will become even stronger as soon as your excitement fades. I'm afraid you're shortening your time with this trip to Canada."

"I'm sorry. But this is my very last chance to do this. I have to see my friend!"

"Why couldn't he come here?"

Henry shook his head. "He has work to do and everything... I can't miss out on this last chance."

He could see that his mother started to cry. With a sigh, Henry went up to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry, mom... But you know that I have to do this. You would do the same if you were me, wouldn't you? You told me to always take chances. That's what I'm doing right now."

Sooyoung nodded. "I know, Henry... I just..."

"I know, mom."

"Tell them that we miss them at least, okay?"

Henry nodded. "Of course, I will."

"Henry..."

"I'm sorry." Henry got back in place when he heard his doctor's warning voice. He looked at the doctor who continued to talk to him about what to do and what not to do. He nodded, taking everything in eagerly.

"And Henry. If anything happens - call me. No matter what time it is here in Korea, call me, okay? You have my phone number?"

"Yes, doctor."

"Good." Leeteuk looked at his sheet and nodded. "Alright, I guess that's it for now. Can I talk to your parents for a moment, please?"

Henry nodded and left the room, immediately messaging Zhou Mi that he was fine so far. He went back into the waiting room. He was very sure about what the doctor would tell his parents but chose not to let it affect his good mood just then.

It took his parents almost twenty minutes until they came back and he could clrealy see that his mother had problems holding back her tears. Instead of showing them and despite how well he knew what was going on, he smiled at his parents. "Can we go now~?"

Kangin nodded, trying his best to respond to that smile. "Yes, let's go."

Henry led the way, walking in front of the others even though all of them knew where to go. He waited for them at the car and let them go in on the front seats, taking his seat on the backseat. He was looking out to enjoy Seoul for the last time before he would go to Canada for a week.

When they were back, he went into his room again to make sure that he really hadn't forgotten anything. His back was facing the door when someone knocked. Henry spun around and saw his father. He smiled softly.

"May I come in?" Kangin asked.

Henry nodded. "Of course. Just go ahead."

Kangin nodded and entered the room, closing the door behind himself. "I wanted to talk to you..."

"I already thought so."

"Why did you smile in the waiting room?"

Henry smiled again, this time a sad smile. "Because I thought that would be better than showing you how well I know that mom cried," he replied.

His father nodded, walked closer to his son and hugged him. "You're such a good and brave son. Have I ever told you that? And I'm proud of you, Henry."

"I know... I love you, dad."

"I love you, too, Henry."

They stood there in the middle of the room, hugging each other for a while, until someone knocked on the door again.

"Come in, mom," Henry called out softly.

His mother entered the small bedroom and Henry could see immediately that the woman had cried again when she came closer. "Why are you hugging here without me? That's mean..." she complained in a rather playful protest, even though Henry knew how much sadness really was behind that.

"I'm sorry, mom. Dad and I just had to talk about something," he said and opened the hug for his mother to step in with them. For a couple of minutes, all three of them stood there like that, until slowly Kangin stepped back, leaving only mother and son in the hug. Henry could feel his mother's body trembling lightly and he could hear her quiet sobs, even though he was sure she didn't want him to know. He simply stayed quiet, holding her, knowing that it was the most and best he could do just then.

When they eventually broke the hug, Sooyoung wiped over her eyes. "I'm sorry, Henry... I just..."

"I know, mom. There's no need for you to apologize," he said softly and smiled encouragingly. "But if you were me, wouldn't you do the same?" Sooyoung looked at her son and nodded. "That's why I have to do it. Now let's go, otherwise we won't be at the airport in time."

"We'll still be too early."

"Yes, but it's better to be too early than too late."

Sooyoung laughed softly. "I'll ask you again on your trip back when you have to spend the night in Shanghai."

"Mom!" Henry protested but had to laugh as well. "I know that stay will be hard! At least I only have to do that once..."

Sooyoung nodded. "I know," she said and smiled warmly. "At least spend those hours wisely, okay? Maybe we can do a skype-chat, if that's not too expensive?"

"I will see if they have free wifi or if I can get the wifi somehow."

They left the room, leaving the door open, and walked back to the front door, where Kangin was waiting for them. He smiled softly. "I already put your suitcase into the car, okay, Henry?"

The boy nodded and they all walked outside. Kangin locked the door and unlocked the car so they all could get in. It was a quiet ride as everyone was busy with their own thoughts about what the following week would bring them. When they arrived at the airport, Henry was all bubbly again and instantly got out of the car the second they were standing. He bounced to the back of the car and opened it, getting out his suitcase and his hand luggage. His parents followed after him while he was looking around and walking with his luggage. Soon his father took the suitcase while they walked into the airport.

When he walked in, he immediately spotted Zhou Mi and Sungmin already waiting, the former sitting on his suitcase in line to check the luggage in. Henry walked over to them, hearing the other two laugh when they noticed him. "Hey there~" He let go of his bag and hugged his boyfriend who laughed softly and hugged him back. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine!"

Kangin laughed softly. "That's an udnerstatement. He's been bouncing around all day, even when we were visiting the doctor. I could bet that two of the clients in the waiting room would've almost killed him." Sooyoung nodded.

Sungmin laughed. "I can see that!"

Henry smiled brightly and continued to hug Zhou Mi as they moved a bit forward in line. "I can't wait until we're back in Canada!"

His boyfriend laughed. "First we'll have an 18-hour journey to get there."

The younger sighed. "At least I can practise my Chinese then."

"And we can sleep."

"But airplanes aren't known for being comfortable..."

Zhou Mi shrugged. "At some point we will fall asleep though. There's no way we could overcome that."

Henry nodded. "That's most likely right."

"I know."

They moved forwards.

"So, is there anything else I will need to watch out for?" Zhou Mi asked, looking at Henry's parents.

"If something happens, one of you two has to call Leeteuk. No matter what time it is. Otherwise everything should be fine," Kangin replied.

The Chinaman nodded. "Alright then. That's good to hear."

Kangin smiled warmly. "Just take good care of him, then you all should be fine."

"And watch out that he eats," Sooyoung added.

Zhou Mi nodded. "I will. Thank you for letting me go with him. That means a lot to me."

Sooyoung nodded. "Thank you for taking him back once more."

The Chinaman got up and hugged Henry's mother, who was about to cry all over again. Sungmin took care of the suitcases when they could move.

 

Henry's parents and Sungmin stayed with the young couple until they went through security. The two young men turned around once more afterwards to wave, then Zhou Mi grabbed Henry's hand and they went through the airport, looking around at stores while they waited for their flight to appear on the information screens.

Their flight to Shanghai was short and went over without obstacles. Arriving in China, Zhou Mi bought them something to drink for their two and a half hour stay because Henry had to realize that he had remembered to get money for Canada, but not for China.

The fourteen hour flight from Shanghai to Toronto was tough. Henry was too excited to settle down for anything - not a movie, a series, the meal, looking out of the window, reading, playing on his phone, or testing Zhou Mi's english. At least he could tell that the Chinese man next to him was no less excited, it just didn't show as much since he wasn't as bubbly or talkative as Henry was.

Eventually, they did arrive. The younger one of the two sent a brief text message to Ayley that they had landed and would probably be there soon - soon turned out to be over an hour later since they had to go through passport control - funnily the foreigner's line Zhou Mi was in was a lot shorter than that of the Canadians that Henry stood in - and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter