First Kiss

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day he was out of the hospital again and even though that meant that he wouldn't be able to see Dakota so often anymore, it meant that he was able to spend more time with Zhou Mi. He hadn't thought it was possble to miss someone when they were sitting right next to you, but due to the fact that there always had been a little boy around, Zhou Mi hadn't even hugged him.

At the moment, he was at home playing his violin mindlessly. The tunes were all played the way they were supposed to be played - it was the melody Sungmin had picked for him on his birthday. He knew it by heart, liking it's tunes and the memories attached to it: Zhou Mi and Sungmin having been there on his birthday, being there for him at all.

Sungmin had visited him at the hospital as well and then he and Dakota had played together the whole time while Henry had just tuned the out at some point, sitting on his bed with Zhou Mi and talking quietly. He could have hugged Sungmin when he had announced the day before that he would come and visit Dakota as often as possible.

Now he was at home again and waited for noon to arrive so he could go to the river and meet up with Zhou Mi again. And maybe Sungmin would be there, too... but right then he would prefer it if his boyfriend - was that already the right expression? It somehow didn't feel like that just then - was alone.

He sighed and looked at the clock, figuring it wasn't way too early to get going anymore. He quickly stowed away his instrument and left his room. In the hallway he put on his shoes and grabbed his key and jacket. His parents had already left for work and he had told his mother that he would be at Zhou Mi's this day again so that she wouldn't worry too much when he wasn't there in the evening.

He locked the front door and then started to walk the familiar way to the river. When he arrived there, Zhou Mi was still out of sight so he just decided to stand at the riverside and watch the water. It was dark and almost looked dangerous. The strong wooshing signaled that you could die if you fell into it. But Henry wasn't afraid. Fear was something he almost didn't know anymore, though some fears only showed now that his situation had changed. He was afraid what Zhou Mi would think. He was afraid to face death because he didn't know what would follow after it. But he wanted to trust Mrs Kim. He was afraid of what would happen on this earth when he died. Would everyone forget about him? Or would there be people who remembered him just like Mrs Kim would never forget her husband? And what would those people do when the day was there?

He sighed, not even wanting to know the answers. He tried to focuse on what he had. His parents. Leeteuk. Yuri. TIffany. Dakota. Sungmin. Zhou Mi. Hope. Mrs Kim. A home. The river. There was a lot what he still wished for. Like, seeing his real home once more before dying. But he knew that there was no use in telling anyone because who could have the money and the will to fullfill this wish for him? Somehow he trusted Zhou Mi to have enough money. But he couldn't ever ask him. The flight would be too expensive. Also, no one in his home country would like to see him, regarding they had all turned away from him.

"Yah!" He screamed in surprise when someone suddenly hugged him from behind and that someone laughed softly.

"Yay! I surprised him!!!! Mi-hyung, I surprised him!" Sungmin's voice was audible and the arms were gone.

Henry turned around to see Sungmin bouncing up and down in front of him and Zhou Mi standing a couple of feet away, smiling but rolling his eyes at his best friend.

"C'mon, let's get going. I'm starving," he just said and Sungmin pouted.

Zhou Mi reached out a hand for Henry and the latter greatfully grabbed it, happy about having at least a little bit of contact. They interlaced their fingers and Henry leaned against the older briefly before he straightened again just in time for Sungmin to look at the two of them.

"Hey, no romantic scenes while I am still with you! Do that later when I am at work!"

Zhou Mi laughed. "I dare you. Just find a boyfriend yourself and then we'll have this conversation again!"

"Woah, don't do this! You are going to lose, I bet you! And who ever said I was gay?"

Henry's boyfriend rolled his eyes. "Then find a girl. I don't care. But I could bet that you will find a boy!" He smirked.

"Pff. Just because you are gay and I always helped you doesn't mean that I am gay, too!"

"What do you mean by 'always'?! I've only been in one relationship before Henry and I barely let you help me!"

"But now things have changed! You'll see, when something goes wrong you will always come to me first and ask me for advise! And then I, the one who is completely inexperienced in that area, will have to help you again!"

"You'll see, the day you are in a relationship and don't know what to do, it will be you asking me for help the whole time!"

"Yes, because you will be able to actually give me advice then!"

"You never complained!"

"No, because I'm too kind to complain!"

"If you don't like helping me, why do you do it in the first place? This time no one asked you for help!"

"So you would've prefered just being friends with my mochi?"

"He's not your mochi!"

"Oh, but he's your's or what?!"

"Yes."

"I think it's him who should decide!"

Suddenly both men stared at Henry who felt completely lost by then. He stared from Zhou Mi to Sungmin and back to his boyfriend. "What?" he evetually said.

"He's my mochi!" Sungmin continued.

"No, he's not! He's my boyfriend, so he's also my mochi!"

"Wait, you mean me when you say 'mochi'?!"

Both men stared at Henry again. Henry himself started to feel even more lost than before, though he started to understand the two finally. He slowly hid behind Zhou Mi, not wanting to really become a part of that conversation. "J-just ignore me and keep on talking."

He could see Zhou Mi sticking out his tongue at his best friend and Sungmin pouted. "Accustome to that! I will always win when it's about topics like that."

"How did we even come to that topic?"

Both of them stared at one another and then burst out laughing.

"We're such a fail!" Sungmin choked out and Zhou Mi nodded. Henry could only stand behind them and wonder about them. A couple of years ago he had been the same with his friends. There had been Ryeowook, his best friend. The one who had lasted the longest in the end while Kibum had backed out first. And Kyuhyun had believed him. And in the end they had also convinced Ryeowook. The others had stopped talking with him almost the second he landed in South Korea. But he had to smile at the memory of them all together, especially of him and Ryeowook together.

"C'mon, let's get going. I'm hungry!" Sungmin complained and Zhou Mi followed him willingly, pulling Henry with him because they were still holding hands.

They went to Zhou Mi's apartment like always. Henry still hated the other two for making him take the elevator but at least he didn't have such a bad breakdown again like the first two times he had been on that elevator. They ate and like always Sungmin stayed one more hour until he had to leave for work. Even though he knew it was wrong, Henry noticed how he couldn't wait for the moment that Sungmin wasn't with them anymore. He couldn't touch Zhou Mi until then b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter