After The Show

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next days were stressful. There was still a lot Butterfly needed to practice and even though they were good, they were never perfect. At least not perfect enough in Henry's eyes.

The stress caused the Canadian to almost stop eating and focuse more and more on his work. There was a lot of pressure. Not only from his parents saying he needed to eat more but also from Leeteuk - who said the same as his parents - and from SME who said Butterfly needed to practice more and more. He barely saw Zhou Mi during those days and if he did, then either both of them were working or at least one of them - mostly he. Donghae was with him almost the whole time and helped him, Eunhyuk helped a lot as well. Both told him to rest a bit more as well, but somehow he couldn't rest. The fear that something would go wrong was stronger.

During the last two days, one of SME's most important managers had come by, telling him a couple of things that still needed to be done, the day ending in a big fight between all of them. The day afterwards it was a bit better. The tension that built up more and more did no good to any of them. Donghae and Eunhyuk were the most used to it and tried to calm down the whole situation, but it didn't help too much. The boys were screaming at each other about how wrong and bad they were while Henry was trying desperately to get them to know everything completely by heart.

After a catastrophe called final rehearsal, the show on Wednesday evening was awesome. Henry, though completely exhausted, was prouder of Butterfly than he had been at any point before. Their actual violin instructor had come to the show as well and even complimented Henry for doing a great job, but Henry only said it had been Donghae who had done most of the work, said dance teacher on the other hand said it had been Henry who should gain the success.

When Butterfly came into the backstage area again after their last song, they were all giggly and bubbly and hugged Henry for dear life until he had the feeling that he would suffocate. But he was laughing with them, more than relieved that they had made it and that everything had gone over smoothly. Finally he allowed himself to relax again.

Zhou Mi drove him back home that night and they shared a goodbye kiss before Henry went into the house he lived in, told his parents everything about what had happened and how it had happened until early in the morning when he got ready and in the end fell into his bed and slept until the afternoon.

When he woke up, he felt a bit weird, but he ignored that feeling. He felt a bit exhausted though, most likely because he had slept for so long. He yawned and slowly sat up. He didn't really want to get up but on the other hand, he knew it would be better for him if he got out of bed because he wanted to continue talking with his parents. And he wanted to talk to Zhou Mi and Sungmin! And Mrs Kim and Hope! There was so much he had to tell now.

He got up and got dressed, then he went out of his room. "Mom? Dad?" he called out, trying to find out where they were.

His mother came out of the living room, having a slightly worried expression on his face. "Henry? Are you okay?"

"Yes." Henry frowned. "Why do you ask? You know I haven't had a lot of sleep lately, so I guess I just had to sleep a bit longer now."

Sooyoung nodded. "I guess you're right..."

Henry nodded and smiled at his mother. "You should've seen the boys last night!" he said happily.

Now Sooyoung had to smile again. "You've already said so yesterday. They were really great, weren't they?"

"Yes, they were!" the younger said with a nod and followed her back into the living room where his father was sitting on a sofa. Only then did he realize that Kangin shouldn't even be there already. "Dad? Why are you here?"

"I got off early because I didn't have a lot to do today. Your mom was worrying a lot about you."

Henry grimaced. "I'm sorry. But there really was no need to. I was just tired because the last few days have been really exhausting."

Kangin nodded and motioned for Henry to sit down. Henry followed that gesture, sitting down next to his father.

"Do you want to eat or drink something, Henry?"

Henry shook his head. "I can just get something in a bit myself."

Sooyoung shook her head. "No, it's okay," she argued gently and was already out of the room. Henry sighed. He had known it would be like that. He leaned his head against his father's shoulder.

"You know, your mother worries a lot about you. Especially when you barely eat anything, just like last week."

"I know. I'm sorry. But I guess that's just normal for stressed people. Some can't stop eating anymore and others barely eat anything. It's just like that."

"But you know..."

"Yes, I know," Henry interrupted his father. "It's more extreme with me because I am sick and so on, and so on! I know it all! But please~! I really couldn't eat anything these days..."

"I know. But it's not healthy, especially if people don't eat a lot in general, just like you." Kangin replied.

Henry sighed and waited patiently for what was to come now. Just a bit later Sooyoung came back into the room with a tray with croissants and buns. "Mom~!" her son protested, "I told you I am not hungry!"

"But you need to eat something! You haven't eaten properly in days. And this really isn't a lot, is it? It's for all of us."

"But still.. I don't want to eat anything."

"Don't say something like that, Henry!"

Henry sighed in frustration. "But I really am neither hungry nor do I want to eat something!"

"This is no good, Henry. Soon you will be brought to the hospital because you're dehydrated and almost starving."

"I have been drinking enough!" the youngest protested.

Kangin simply shook his head before he interrupted his wife and his son. "Just eat a bit, please, Henry? A tiny bit will be enough for now. You can eat more later. Is that okay?"

Henry still wasn't all too enthusiastic about it, but he knew that offer would be the best he could get. He growled something incomprehensible, then he took one of the croissants, though even looking alone made him feel sick.

In the end, he didn't eat more than a single bite because suddenly the need to vomit became strong enough to make him gag.

"Henry?" his mother asked worriedly but he just shook his head, got up and hurried to the bathroom where he threw up. He could hear the doorbell ring, but it sounded far away. Somehow is mother was behind him and caressed hi back. "Shh, Henry... It's okay," she mumbled over and over again until he sank back into her arms.

"Do you think you can get up?" she asked after sitting on the ground with her son for a while. Henry nodded and stood up a bit shakily.

"I told you I wasn't hungry," he mumbled and went to the sink, holding it's brink for a moment, then he washed his face and rinsed his mouth until he couldn't smell or taste any of the vomit anymore. He sighed softly and turned around to see his mother had left the room. He shrugged and decided to brush his teeth to get a new tas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter