Chapter Eight

Unwritten

Kyungsoo had had another crappy day in his classes. He failed a test, got rained on when he went outside for lunch (and that rain continued to him walking home), and Chanyeol and Baekhyun got into a fight, so he played “messenger” and went back and forth to either of them as a neutral party.

So, when he got home, he stepped out of his soaked clothing, pulled on some pajamas, and took a very much needed nap, completely ignoring his homework or his story, which was about 1/4 done.

An hour in, a phone call woke him up.

He groaned and rubbed his eyes of sleep, picking up the phone and answering it without a second, non-blurry look at the caller ID. “Yoboseyo?”

“I tried texting you, but you didn’t answer. Is everything okay? You sound weird.” It was Kai.

“I was taking a nap,” Kyungsoo said with a yawn afterwards. “Today was ty, so I was sleeping off my bad mood,” he explained.

“Aw. I wanted to do something, but if you’re not in the mood, it can wait.”

“Well, you can come to my apartment. It’s not much, but I’m sure we can find a way to amuse yourself.” Kyungsoo looked out at the unclosed window leading to his balcony, noticing it was still pouring. “Might I suggest an umbrella, though?”

Kai laughed. “Alright, I’ll come over. Where do you live?”

After Kyungsoo told him the address and explained he would be in pajamas, they hung up and Kyungsoo tried to decent his bedhead a little before Kai came over. When he heard a knock on his door, he let out a deep breath and opened the door to find a completely dry Kai, holding a soaking, folded up umbrella.

“Hey,” Kai breathed, a slight smile growing on his face. “You look cute in pajamas.”

“Yah!” Kyungsoo laughed, pointing to the umbrella. “You can just set that by the door, it’ll dry eventually,” he explained. Kai quickly slipped his wet shoes off and set them next to Kyungsoo’s along with his umbrella, walking into the clean apartment.

“Whoa. Is anything out of place?” Kai asked, staring around the apartment.

“The only thing not clean is my bed, but that’s because I was asleep ten minutes ago. I clean a lot. It bothers me if it’s not clean,” Kyungsoo explained.

“Joonmyun hyung and I more or less just let it go. We clean every once in a while, but sometimes it gets so bad you trip on everything just trying to walk through the door,” Kai chuckled.

Kyungsoo shuddered. “If I ever go to your house, please clean it.”

“Of course, babe.”

The two sat on the couch, and Kyungsoo grabbed the remote, turning on the TV. “What do you want to watch?” he asked, turning to see Kai.

“Doesn’t matter to me. Whatever’s on. You mean more to me than a stupid TV, anyway,” Kai flirted, a smirk on his face as he scooted over to a blushing Kyungsoo.

Their hands intertwined on Kai’s thigh, and Kyungsoo used the other hand to flip through the channels. There was a channel showing re-runs of the Olympics, so Kyungsoo turned to Kai. “Wanna watch this?”

“Sure.”

So they watched, cheering for their country even though they both knew the outcome of each game. They had both watched it the first time around, after all. About an hour in, Kai had one hand still intertwined with Kyungsoo’s while the other was around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. Kyungsoo also had his face nuzzled into Kai’s neck. Neither wanted to move.

When the soccer game they were watching ended, the end of the re-run, Kyungsoo turned off the TV and moved his neck a bit to see Kai’s face. “What do you want to do now?”

“I don’t care. But I had this idea. I’ve seen your house. Joonmyun hyung’s been dying to meet you, and his fiancée is the best, I swear. She’s the best umma butler you could ask for,” Kai explained. “She wants to meet you too. They’re leaving for an SM trainee showcase in Thailand soon, so they want to meet you before they go.”

“Why don’t you go with them?”

“If I skipped school, I’d be murdered. By my brother.”

“Ouch.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, okay. When do they go?”

“The day after tomorrow. Would tomorrow fit into your schedule?” Kai asked, a hopeful smile on his face. Kyungsoo didn’t have anything planned besides writing; he could get tomorrow’s writing done tonight, though.

“Of course.”

~*~

“Why am I so nervous?”

Kyungsoo picked at the skin around his finger nails, refusing to look up as Kai shoved his key into the lock of his house. Kai just laughed and Kyungsoo continued to look around and avoid eye contact with the door. “It’s okay, Kyungsoo. Joonmyun’s not going to bite, I promise.”

Finally, the door opened, and Kyungsoo looked inside. Nothing looked to be out of place; in fact, it was as clean as Kyungsoo’s house. Kai obviously did this after he left Kyungsoo’s apartment.

On the couch sat a man that looked to be in his twenties, an arm wrapped around a woman as their eyes locked with the TV. Immediately when the two walked in, though, the TV was off and both of them stood up as Kyungsoo removed his shoes.

“Ah, so you must be Kai’s friend. My name is Joonmyun, and this is Jaesu.” As Kyungsoo was introduced and bowed at the necessary times, Kai stood in the back with his arms crossed, a smirk on his face.

After all of that was done, the two walked upstairs to Kai’s room, which was also clean, if not cleaner than the area downstairs. Kyungsoo took everything in. The dark blue walls, the orange bedspread, the big collection of posters lining the walls. “This is a lot cleaner than my bedroom.”

“I tried,” Kai chuckled, sitting down on the bed. “Sorry about the massive amounts of girl group posters… I’m a bit of a, uh, fanboy.”

“Aw, that’s cute,” Kyungsoo laughed. He examined all the different groups. Girls’ Generation, f(x), T-Ara, Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1… there was so many. The only boy group on the wall was SHINee. “You like 2NE1 too?”

“Oh, yeah.”

“I love 2NE1.”

“Favorite song?”

“Fire.”

“There’s a reason I like you,” Kai laughed. Kyungsoo looked out of his window, the sidewalk still recovering from the rain that lasted until three in the morning yesterday.

Kai joined him, and they just kind of observed until Kai broke the comfortable silence. “You know, Kyungsoo. I’m straight. But you… I don’t know, you just flip everything that I’m used to upside down. You’re different. I mean, I’m bi-curious, but I’ve never really fallen in love with a guy.”

“I have. And I’ve always managed to get my heart broken,” Kyungsoo grumbled, looking down.

“Hey.” Kyungsoo felt an index finger pulling his chin up, and he just kind of obeyed, soon staring right at Kai. “I won’t do that. I’ll never hurt you. You mean the world to me. Why would I throw that away?”

Kyungsoo felt his cheeks heat up as Kai slowly leaned in, pressing his lips to Kyungsoo’s softly. They stayed like this for a few seconds, Kyungsoo wrapping his hands around Kai’s waist. Kai was the first to pull away, grinning like an idiot. “I was waiting for that.”

“I’m sure,” Kyungsoo laughed.

They just kind of stared at each other, until Kai grinned. “Wanna do it again?”

“Of course.”

They both leaned in this time, not tearing away until there was whining and scratching at Kai’s door. He smiled. “I don’t believe I introduced you to my dog.”

“You have a dog?”

Kai didn’t answer, but instead opened his bedroom door, revealing a fluffy little white dog with stubby legs and a tail that was wagging furiously. The dog yelped as Kai explained, “This is my dog, Henry.”

Henry ran up to Kyungsoo, jumping on his legs and clawing at his jeans. Kyungsoo leaned down and got viciously by Kai’s dog. Somehow, Henry managed to push him over, and while Kyungsoo was groaning from hitting his head on the hardwood floor, Henry stepped on his face and him some more.

“Ugh, get him off!” Kyungsoo laughed. Kai, who had doubled over laughing, quickly picked his dog up, who was squirming like mad, as Kyungsoo recovered and stood up.

He tried rubbing all the saliva off of his face. “Ugh, this is so gross.”

“You’ve obviously never had a dog.”

“Nope.”

“Henry does this daily. He did it to me while you were meeting Joonmyun hyung.”

Kyungsoo paused. “And I kissed you?”

“Yes.”

Kyungsoo sighed and wiped his face some more. “Well, then I guess I get to do this. This can also be revenge for the shirt thing.” After getting some on his face from Henry on purpose, he chased Kai around the room, begging for a kiss. “C’mon baby, gimme a smooch!”

“Ew, gross!”

When Kyungsoo had Kai pinned, Kai quickly wiped Kyungsoo’s face before they kissed again. Kyungsoo pouted. “That wasn’t fair.”

“I love you?”

“No.”

Kai pouted, his bottom lip out.

“Okay, fine.”

Kai grinned.

~*~

Ello~ It appears that I have updated! :P I wrote this because I was bored, so yeah. Hope you enjoyed. :3

Author-nim's going through a break-up, plus her project isn't done yet, sooo... no telling when you get the next chapter, I'm afraid.

I love you gaiz! <3