Chapter Six

Unwritten

Over the span of Jongdae’s first days back home, Kyungsoo slowly felt his attraction to his friend crawl back into his mind. They spent almost every waking moment together, filling in what months away from each other took away. Kyungsoo and Jongdae had pretty much been to every place in Seoul since he had come home.

Today, though, Jongdae’s parents were both out of town for business, so he had his house all to himself, along with Kyungsoo.

Jongdae’s fingers glided across the black and white keys of the grand piano in his living room. Kyungsoo had always been very fond of Jongdae’s ability to play piano; it played a big role in Jongdae’s life and how he developed with music. He’s also a really good singer. His shyness is the issue.

“You could probably play this piece, you know,” Jongdae said from next to him. Kyungsoo looked up at his position on the piano bench they both shared, and his friend’s warm eyes greeted him back.

“I’m so rusty I’m pretty sure I forgot Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” Kyungsoo joked, making Jongdae chuckle. Still, though, he got the reins. He stared at the piece of sheet music, trying to ignore the fact that Jongdae was watching him, before he began to play.

At first, he made a few mistakes, but then he slowly got back into it, remembering everything he used to do before he quit piano in middle school; he just didn’t like all the lessons from his mother after so long. He glanced over at Jongdae, and the two had identical grins on their faces.

“I thought I completely forgot to play,” Kyungsoo breathed, the two trading places once more.

“You never truly forget how to do things. Sometimes they stick with you, like riding a bike,” Jongdae said with a smile. Kyungsoo smiled back and yawned. It had been a long day in class, and it was already a little past eleven o’clock. Thank goodness he hadn’t been handed out any assignments to do for homework.

“Are you getting tired? I could take you home if you want,” his friend reminded him, watching Kyungsoo intently. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel babied because of how considerate Jongdae was. Not that he minded it. Of course not.

He shook his head. “No, I’m fine. Keep playing, I like listening to you.”

“Just don’t pass out on me.” He smirked a little, turning back to his piano and beginning to play some more. About halfway through, Kyungsoo leaned his head on Jongdae’s shoulder, almost burying his head in his friend’s neck. He didn’t stiffen in the slightest; in fact, he barely acknowledged it.

Until he was done playing, of course.

He tried to not turn his shoulders at all, but instead turned his head and smiled at his friend. “So you are tired. That, or you like my shoulders. I’m okay with either.” Then he leaned in and planted a quick kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead, making him turn bright red.

Jongdae now audibly laughed. “My goodness, you’re adorable. Come on, I think that’s enough for tonight.”

The two got up from the stiff piano bench, Kyungsoo stretching his limbs and Jongdae popping fingers. “Jeez, we were there for a long time,” Jongdae muttered, as the two walked out to Jongdae’s car. Kyungsoo buckled his seat belt, and they drove away from the town house.

There was a comfortable silence, the dashboard lit up with arrays of bright buttons in the dark. The radio played softly as Kyungsoo checked his phone for any word on Kai and Jongdae kept his eyes firmly on the road. He had always been a super safe driver, and it bugged the hell out of Kyungsoo when they were in high school.

Now? Not so much.

“Thanks again, Dae,” Kyungsoo mumbled as they drove up to his apartment. Jongdae just nodded, and they did their daily routine of giving each other a hug before either got out. But, today was different.

“Wait, Kyungsoo.”

“Hm?”

“Um… this is going to sound really awkward, but I wanted to do something else besides a hug?”

Kyungsoo had to think, but in seconds he caught on. “Sure. I mean, if you want.”

“Great.” It was a little awkward, but soon the two were leaning in a closed-mouth kiss, their hands intertwined as they kissed across the seats. Kyungsoo broke it with a grin as he shut the passenger seat door and walked inside his house, a bit shaken by who his first kiss was.

~*~

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“What? Oh, yeah, you will.”

“Okay, good. Annyeong, Kai.”

“Annyeong.”

Kyungsoo set his phone down on his nightstand, his hands on his bare legs, hunched over. He sighed, looking over at the clock. It read 3:30. In the morning. He slammed his head down on his pillows, the fact that he would be so tired in the morning daunting him.

About thirty minutes after Kyungsoo came home, he got a text from Kai asking him to call him. He obeyed, and they ended up talking for hours on end about anything, really. Kyungsoo was so confused. He liked Jongdae, and he liked Kai…

He couldn’t be the one to make the move.

Because he had no idea what he was doing.

He groaned. He needed help from someone who knew what he was doing. A really good friend, or someone he barely knew but liked a lot? The choice seemed obvious put that way, but Kyungsoo just couldn’t throw away Kai. He meant a lot to Kyungsoo.

He really didn’t need to be worrying about this at 3 am, though. That much he knew. Still, he knew there was no way he could get to sleep thinking about this. So, instead, he tried to think of who he could go for help to out of his friends.

Chanyeol? Absolutely not. He was a loud mouth, and was absolutely no help to anything. It was quite annoying. And since two others are the actually involved ones and they would find it suspicious if Kyungsoo was being general, that left only one person.

“Why the hell are you calling me at 3:30 in the morning, dumb?” Baekhyun snarled into his phone when he answered. Kyungsoo was stunned for two reasons; one, he wasn’t supposed to actually answer, and two, he almost never really cussed like that.

“U-Uh… maybe it can wait…” Kyungsoo trailed off, actually a bit scared.

“Nope. You woke me up. Now what is it?” Baekhyun asked, a little softer this time. Kyungsoo was still unsure if he actually wanted to admit what he needed.

“I, uh… I need some advice.”

Now Baekhyun was listening. “What kind of advice?”

“Relationship advice…”

“Alright. What’s going on, Soo?”

Kyungsoo in a deep breath before beginning. “Well, I met this guy named Kai and I really like him. We talk a lot. But ever since Jongdae’s been back, I’ve been so confused on who I like more. And I really want to make a move before I lose either of them, but I don’t know who I like more,” Kyungsoo let out in barely any breaths.

“Ah. So you have two guys and you don’t know which you like more. Sounds like a classic love triangle.”

“ you.”

“What, I’m just saying!”

“I need help, though. I don’t know what I’m doing,” Kyungsoo more or less whined.

“Look. There’s not much I can help you with right now, but just get to know both of them better; and trust me, the decision will be clear soon. You just have to be patient, okay?”

“I’m not patient.”

“I know. And I’m going back to sleep. Goodnight, Kyungsoo.” The call was ended, and Kyungsoo set the phone down, turning out the light, not even bothering to change out of what he was wearing. There was no point.

He was so confused.

~*~

Well, there's that! :P I'm sorry this took so long... summer band, relationship issues (which are still sort of happening. >.<) and other distractions just kind of lead to this coming out a little later than it should've. -shrug- But it's here.

Also, HOLY ! 100 subs?! Oh my god, there are no words for how much I love you all. Really. From the bottom of my cold heart. :P

Hope you enjoyed! I love you! <3