Chapter Five

Unwritten

“I like where you’re going, Kyungsoo. Keep working on it.”

“Thank you, hyung-nim. Annyeong.”

Kyungsoo hit the “End” button on his cell phone, setting it down on his desk and resuming what he was doing before Yunho called to ask him some questions: write.

“As she lay on the ground, gasping for air, blood began to seep through her fingers and onto to the hardwood floor. She tried to scream, but only a breathy squeak managed to escape. Her attacker slowly inched forward, a dirty smirk on his disgusting face, a shiny blade in his right hand. ‘Ready for round two, you filthy ?’ he asked deviously, the smirk only growing.”

The only sound in the apartment was the television, which Kyungsoo put on for background noise, and the sound of Kyungsoo’s fingers meeting the keys of his laptop as he continued to type his story. He was slowly getting more proud of it, and he was also getting more ideas.

It was around dinner time, and Kyungsoo had been typing away since his classes were done. Thankfully, his last class had been cancelled due to his professor, Mr. Cho, calling in sick, so he had an extra hour of working. He would get this story done in no time. He just couldn’t afford another writer’s block.

When school had gotten out, the only thing he got from Kai was a text saying that they couldn’t do things together that night because his brother was pissed at him. Something about breaking something, Kyungsoo had no idea. But even though he wanted to hang out with Kai, he had a story to write.

Deciding to take a break, he locked the computer after saving the document and walked over to the cabinet. He took out an instant ramen packet (one of many), and took out a pan, starting to cook it.

About five minutes into eating it, Kyungsoo’s cell phone rang next to him. He muted the television, not picking the phone up, but simply putting it on speaker. He lived alone. No one else cared. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hey, Soo. Are you busy?”

“I’m eating,” Kyungsoo answered half heartedly, noodles hanging out of his mouth.

“Oh. I was just going to ask if you’re coming to the airport with us tonight,” Chanyeol asked, someone talking in the background. Either it was the TV, or Kyungsoo was right. Chanyeol and Baekhyun couldn’t stay away from each other.

“The airport? What’s happening at the airport?” Kyungsoo asked, stopping eating to listen.

There was a long pause. “Oh God… you forgot, didn’t you? You, of all people, forgot what was happening tonight. We were going to celebrate and everything!” Chanyeol all but shouted through the phone, making Kyungsoo flinch.

He tried to think. Who was coming home or whatever?

“Just tell me. I have no idea.”

“Jongdae’s coming home tonight, you complete .”

Kyungsoo felt every muscle in his body stiffen. Jongdae was finally coming home? He completely forgot! His once best friend was finally back from China after many months… and he forgot. Didn’t he feel like an amazing friend? “Oh. Yeah, I’ll be there. When does his flight land?”

“Around eight. So far it’s not delayed, but it’s raining outside, so it might be a little later. Enough time for us to have a nice, long time to get some drinks, like the night he left.  Oh, and can you come pick us up? Thanks. Bye.” Chanyeol hung up the phone, and Kyungsoo continued with his dinner, his thoughts completely on Jongdae.

The two had been friends for as long as Kyungsoo could remember. Longer than with Chanyeol. Jongdae was perfect, to Kyungsoo. Jet black hair, beautiful eyes, a smile that could light up an entire city. He was a fantastic singer, too, and he dedicated a lot of his time in high school to learning Mandarin so he could visit China during college.

He was, at last, coming home.

Secretly, Kyungsoo used to have a really strong crush on Jongdae. He kept it well hidden, but he could tell that Jongdae knew it. They had even held hands once, like Kyungsoo and Kai a couple nights ago. But Jongdae left before either could really make a move.

He sighed once he finished his food, deciding to do the ever-piling dishes before taking a shower and getting ready. There was about half an hour until he landed, but there was a bit of distance between Kyungsoo and the airport. He grabbed his keys, locked the house, and took off.

~*~

“Where is he?”

“Do you see him yet?”

“His plane landed!”

“People are coming out!”

“Oh God, what if he had a heart attack on the plane?!”

“Would you both please just shut the up?”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both turned around to a very pissed looking Kyungsoo, who had his arms crossed. “He was probably sitting in the back of the plane. He’ll be out any second now. Please possess some patience,” he snarled at his friends.

“Okay, okay,” Chanyeol agreed, and the two turned around once more, resuming their search for Jongdae. Kyungsoo watched, too, just not intently.

“Is that him?”

Baekhyun paused. “Yeah, it is!”

Immediately, the three ran over to Jongdae, who had a mask on his face along with a backpack clad to his tee-shirted back. He pulled the mask down to his neck, a big smile on his face. “Hi, guys!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both hugged him tightly at once, while Kyungsoo stood in the back awkwardly with a faint smile on his face. He hadn’t seen the two of them so happy in a while. After the greetings to the two were given, Jongdae looked straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes.

He almost felt himself melt.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol grinned in silence as Jongdae, who had a big smile on his face, embraced Kyungsoo. “I missed you the most. Don’t tell them,” Jongdae whispered in Kyungsoo’s ear, followed by a breathy laugh that sent goosebumps through Kyungsoo’s body.

The two separated and stared at each other’s faces. Kyungsoo took everything new in; his hair was a bit shorter than when he had left, so he obviously had a hair cut over there. His smile was one of the biggest he’d seen. Kyungsoo just couldn’t help the things he wanted to say so badly to the person he loved so much bubble up in his throat.

They were cut off with an, “I missed you too. How was life in China?”

Jongdae sighed. “Ugh, rough. I didn’t go a day without a mistake in my Mandarin. It’s so nice to be speaking in my mother tongue,” he added with a chuckle. “Among other things. But I really don’t regret going. I learned a lot.”

Kyungsoo smiled, wholeheartedly this time. “Good. At least you didn’t have to deal with those weirdos,” he laughed, pointing at the still over-joyed Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Jongdae laughed.

“Honestly, I missed them quite a bit. The four of us had some good times, huh?” he said with a grin.

Kyungsoo mocked the grin. “Yeah, quite a few.”

Chanyeol finally decided to speak up. “Yah, you two. You can talk more at the bar. Let’s go.”

~*~

Far too many empty bottles of various alcoholic drinks sat on the booth the four college students were sitting, and Jongdae had only drunken one. Kyungsoo hadn’t had any.  He was the designated driver, after all. The other two, however, were completely wasted.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun wouldn’t stop making out, but it was mostly because of Baekhyun, who had a fairly obvious bulge in his pants and every time Chanyeol took a break, it didn’t last longer than three seconds before Baekhyun got into it again.

Jongdae wasn’t very drunk at all, and they ignored the other two as they talked, sitting side by side. “You know, a lot of nights, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I’m sorry I didn’t call, I was really, really busy…”

“It’s okay, Jongdae. I promise.” Kyungsoo smiled faintly.

“Okay, good. You seem… a little tense today, so I thought something was wrong,” Jongdae admitted, concern lining his gorgeous eyes.

“What? No, I’m not tense. I promise.” He paused, looking over at the two love birds. “Should we get them home?” he laughed nervously, really uncomfortable.

Jongdae nodded. “Uh, yeah.”

So after much work of separating them and shoving them in the back of Kyungsoo’s car, the other two sat up front, driving to everyone’s houses. When it was just Jongdae left, they quickly embraced in the car before Jongdae got out and went inside his house, the first time in months.

Kyungsoo smiled before driving away.

~*~

Hai guys. :P Sorry this took a while to post. I was posting on another site, and then I had to go to a band thing for a while, and I'm apparently being forced to attend Summer Band for the next four days, so there's honestly no telling when chapter 6 will be out. Sorry. >.<

I hope you enjoyed! I love all 70 of you very, very much! I also love comments!