Chapter Seven

Unwritten

“Come on, Kyungsoo. Please? I hate going to Starbucks alone.”

“I’m busy.”

“But I’m thirsty…”

“You know what, fine.”

“Yay.”

“I hate you.”

“No you don’t.”

“I know.”

“I’ll pick you up.”

The conversation that resulted in Kyungsoo being stuck at Starbucks at ten at night, dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt, a baseball cap pulled over his short hair, Jongdae ordering a coffee in front of him.

He wasn’t even thirsty; he was just here because Jongdae begged him to be. He shoved his hands in his baggy pockets, looking down at his sneakers and waiting very impatiently for his friend, who was taking too long. Kyungsoo looked up to see what was going on, and was kind of surprised.

Jongdae was engaged in a conversation with the man behind the counter. He looked like he was a little younger than Jongdae, and he had a cute face, along with cropped short brown hair. He was fiddling with his Starbucks apron while talking to Kyungsoo’s friend.

Luckily, there was no one in line behind them.

Who would get coffee at ten at night besides Jongdae?

“Oh! Kyungsoo, this is Minseok. Minseok, Kyungsoo,” Jongdae introduced, his hands out, gesturing both to each other. The guy, now identified as Minseok, held out his hand, a grin on his cute face. Kyungsoo shook it, and they bowed a bit over the counter. “He goes to school with us.”

“Really? You do?” Kyungsoo asked, his head tilted a little.

Minseok nodded. “I’m a choreographer, but I’m working on getting a degree in Art,” he explained. “I’ve seen you both around, I’m pretty sure, but I just never said anything,” he said with a shrug.

“Oh. I see,” Kyungsoo said. Minseok and Jongdae continued to talk, making Kyungsoo feel like the biggest third wheel on the planet. He didn’t need this . He had a warm apartment and a nice horror story to attend to. Still, Jongdae and Minseok continued to chatter, until Kyungsoo got absolutely fed up.

“Jongdae, you’re my ride home. Tear yourself away from your ‘new friend’ and let’s go,” Kyungsoo snarled under his breath. Jongdae jutted his bottom lip out a little, but said goodbye to Minseok. Not after getting his number, though.

“Aish, I thought you two would never shut up,” Kyungsoo grumbled, arms crossed, from the passenger seat. Jongdae had only one hand on the wheel tonight, his mouth speaking but his eyes still on the road.

“He’s a really nice guy. I might have to try and find him on campus tomorrow.”

“Or just call him and meet up,” Kyungsoo said with a grimace.

“Where’s the fun in that?” Jongdae teased, finally pulling up to Kyungsoo’s house. Kyungsoo stepped out, no hug or kiss tonight, and said goodbye with a pathetic little wave. He felt kind of bad, but when you annoy him, you get no love.

Once he was inside, he kicked his shoes off, threw his hat on the shelf he got it off of, and plopped down in his chair, resuming his writing until the early hours of the morning.

~*~

“Absolutely not.”

“Come on, Kyungsoo! I did it!”

What was with people begging Kyungsoo to do things?

Even though it was late October, it was a fairly warm day in Seoul, resulting in Kai asking Kyungsoo to go to the beach with them. Not a lot of people had the same ideas as them, as there were few people here, but that was just fine for Kyungsoo, who stood in a t-shirt and swim trunks in front of a nearly Kai, their beach towels sitting in front of them.

“Just take your shirt off! It’s not that big of a deal if you don’t have anything under there, like me,” he said with a smirk, rubbing his toned chest.

“Wow, modest much?” Kyungsoo teased, crossing his arms and sticking his tongue out at his friend.

“I’m very modest,” Kai mocked back. “Now take it off, or I’ll do it the hard way that you won’t like. And it’ll involve a torn shirt,” he threatened, mimicking Kyungsoo's crossed arms.

The two glared each other down for a few seconds, before Kyungsoo crossed his arms in an “X” over his shirt. “I’m not taking it off, and you’re not ripping it. I love this shirt.” He pouted, hoping it would help. It didn’t.

“That doesn’t stop the hard way from being effective.” With a dirty smirk, Kai tackled Kyungsoo into the soft sand below them, knocking both of their flip flops off as Kyungsoo squealed, trying to fight against Kai’s hold. He just continued to laugh as sand filled both of their hair, his hands going to Kyungsoo’s sides. “Enjoy this.”

Kai’s fingers softly moved at different times against Kyungsoo’s sides, making him squeal and squirm even harder as he was tickled. Finally, Kai managed to get the shirt off after Kyungsoo’s hands went to pushing Kai off of him. Kai quickly got up, the shirt in his hand, running a good couple yards away.

He observed Kyungsoo’s now bare chest from a distance, ruffling the sand out of his hair. It wasn’t very fit, but it wasn’t fluffy. He walked over to his glaring and pouting friend and threw the shirt away from them and onto the towels. He pulled Kyungsoo into an embrace. “Mianhae~ Saranghae!”

“Yeah, whatever,” Kyungsoo grumbled.

After Kyungsoo lightened up from the shirt incident, they played in the water and on the shore, Kai taking a ride on his surfboard and trying to teach Kyungsoo. It failed miserably, but it was still fun for Kai to see Kyungsoo go underwater.

When the sun started setting, they dried off, Kyungsoo pulling his forgotten shirt on and wrapping the soaking towel around him. He and Kai waddled onto the pier and to Kai’s car, Kyungsoo holding his friend’s hand as they walked.

“You’re a lot of fun, but you’re stubborn,” Kai laughed, running into Kyungsoo’s side lightly. Still, Kyungsoo wavered a bit, and he bumped his head on Kai’s bare shoulder before resting his head on it, the car only a few steps away.

“Oh, and you’re not? Trying to get my shirt off,” he grumbled.

“Not letting me,” Kai mocked.

“You’re an .”

“Oh, I know. But you love me.”

“Who said that?”

Kai grinned. “You did.”

Kyungsoo didn’t even question as they got into Kai’s car, Kyungsoo buckling up and Kai turning on the heater. Kyungsoo was cold and didn’t want to admit it, but it was pretty obvious by his chattering, making Kai chuckle. “You cold, babe?”

“You shut up.”

Kai laughed. “Whatever. You so like me teasing you.”

Kyungsoo just shook his head with a laugh.

~*~

So that's that! :D I decided to give you a pretty quick update, considering the next week is going to be spent getting my project for English done. Sigh. I hate stupid Pre-AP classes. D:

Hope you enjoyed! :3

I love you gaiz! <3