Chapter Two

Unwritten

It took four days and hours of searching for ideas before Kyungsoo realized he was screwed.

The time he realized this, he was sitting at his desk chair, his computer open to an idea generator that had the stupidest ideas he’d ever seen. His hair was undone from ruffling it so much, and arrays of snack wrappers surrounded his keyboard. He had absolutely no ideas.

And that included where to search for them.

His backpack sat on his couch, untouched since he came home. It was already 12:45 in the morning, and Kyungsoo had yet to touch his homework. All he wanted to do was sleep, but he couldn’t. He still had to do the piles of packets he had abandoned earlier.

His stomach grumbled. He hadn’t even had dinner.

Kyungsoo closed the tab and shuffled over to the fridge, which was already almost deserted as it was. He pulled out a water bottle and grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet; it would have to do for the night. He couldn’t be bothered to fix anything else.

After downing his drink and all but shoved the granola bar in his mouth, he grabbed his backpack and zipped open the compartment, pulling out his folders of homework. He groaned and ruffled his hair for the nth time that night, before he got to work.

Even though he was knee deep in questions, his mind tried to go back to some ideas. There was nothing that hasn’t already been done and it was driving him insane. He knew it was so hard to be original, but he wanted to be as different as possible.

The anonymous author thing wasn’t enough.

At least, not for him.

When he finally managed to get everything finished, it was a little over 1:30. He sighed in relief that it didn’t last as long as it thought. He packed everything back up, got into his pajamas, and fell asleep immediately in his bed, hoping a dream would give him an idea.

That didn’t .

~*~

Kyungsoo managed to track down his two best friends before his first period began. He found them holding hands with Chanyeol’s other hand was digging in his pockets. Kyungsoo approached them with a smile. “Annyeong, guys.”

Baekhyun smiled back with an “Annyeong,” while Chanyeol continued to dig in his pockets. Finally, he pulled out some money bills, handing a couple to Baekhyun, who took them happily. Kyungsoo gave them both a confused look, hoping they’d explain what that was for.

Chanyeol did. “Baekhyun and I had a bet last night.”

Baekhyun suddenly smirked, a rare occurrence on his cute face. “I won.”

“I can see that,” Kyungsoo laughed. The trio started walking together, side-by-side. Kyungsoo mostly stayed quiet through the two love birds next to him talking up a storm, but when he got a sudden idea to ask them something. Why hadn’t he asked this earlier?

“Hey, I’m thinking of writing a novel in my free time but I can’t think of any ideas. Do you think you guys might have any ideas you got from like a book or anything?” Kyungsoo asked, sort of quietly, so it would be less awkward if he got shot down.

Baekhyun shrugged. “Not really. What about you, Yeollie?”

“That nickname is annoying, but…” Chanyeol pursed his lips, obviously thinking. “Maybe it could be a love story between two ducks that—“

“I’m stopping you right there, crazy bastard,” Kyungsoo laughed, holding his hand up. The three chuckled a bit before separating to go to their own classes.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel disappointed, but it was his fault.

He asked for a story idea from a crazy person.

That, in itself, was a terrible idea.

~*~

With only two days to go, Kyungsoo was more than concerned that he was going to get dropped from Yunho and his publishers because he couldn’t think. He hated writer’s block. It ruined everything.

So, because he was getting extremely desperate, after classes and dropping off his homework at home, he got in his car (he almost forgot how to drive for a while) and drove to a place he hadn’t been to since he was in primary school.

The library.

He had already flipped through all the books he owned, including his own, but there was nothing else he knew to do besides go there and piece together a plot from different book details. It seemed logical, and he wouldn’t get copyright ripped for it.

Of course, it was sort of stealing…

but he was desperate.

He parked in the parking lot of the library, getting out and twirling his keys on his finger. He always did that when he was thinking, or knew he had a plan to do something. When he walked in, however, he was hit with a strong stench and some very dull colors.

Yup. He was here.

Kyungsoo sighed, going upstairs to where the adult books were. Downstairs was mostly kids and movies. Only a few were here, and only a couple were sitting down at the tables. Kyungsoo began flipping through books, most of the plots stupid or not his forte. This was probably just a waste of time.

Until he saw something.

When he got close to a table, he turned around and saw a young man reading a book. It was the third book he had published outside of highschool. He jutted his bottom lip out a bit, devising a plan to get his feedback. He looked to be about thirty pages deep.

Perfect.

Enough to form an opinion.

Kyungsoo innocently strolled over to where the man was sitting. Upon examination with no book in front of most of his face, he realized that the guy was extremely handsome. His caramel colored hair was styled up with gel, a bored expression on his clear-skinned face. Kyungsoo marveled for a few seconds before speaking. “Um, excuse me?”

The guy looked up, his brown eyes staring right into Kyungsoo’s. “Yes?”

Kyungsoo had to gulp the lump in his throat down. “Actually, I planned on reading that book when I have time. Is it any good?” he asked. Yes, this was good. Totally believable.

The guy raised an eyebrow. “Well, for your information, no, it isn’t.”

Kyungsoo’s face fell. “What?”

“It isn’t good. It’s too detailed and it’s hard to grasp things. The plot’s boring and the protagonist is a moron. His friends are cliché. And, to top it all off, this plot is so unoriginal it’s déjà vu. So, no, you shouldn’t read it,” the guy sighed, looking bored. He set the book to the side and intertwined his fingers. “Answer your question all right?”

Kyungsoo felt his ears turn red and his blood boil. But not everyone’s going to like your book, so he had to get over it. “Right,” he agreed, his voice a little monotone. He sat down next to the man, folding his arms on the table. “You don’t seem like the type to be here at all, actually.”

The man chuckled. He had a nice, deep voice. “It’s because I don’t usually go here. I have a project due tomorrow that I completely procrastinated on, so my older brother ditched me here and he isn’t coming back for another hour,” he sighed, drumming his fingers on the wooden table.

“Really? That sounds like it ,” Kyungsoo agreed.

“Especially since I finished my project half an hour ago,” the man groaned. “And I’ll be here tomorrow night because my brother’s planning on proposing and he doesn’t trust me alone at the house. But enough about me. Why are you here?”

Kyungsoo froze for a second before managing out, “I-I’m here for a school project too. I’m in college.”

“High school,” the guy said with a smile. “I’m Kim Jongin. But I go by Kai.”

“Nice to meet you, Kai. Do Kyungsoo.” The two shook hands, before Kai pulled a book off the very bottom of a little stack he made. It was Kyungsoo’s latest book. Kyungsoo just stared at it. “I thought you didn’t like his work,” he remembered.

“It was the book. He’s a good author. I just didn’t dig that certain one. This one, however, is amazing. It’d be nice to know who he actually was.”

You’re looking at him, . “Yeah, it would.”

Kai didn’t say anything else, just cracked open the book to its place, so Kyungsoo took that as an invitation to leave. He timidly said, “Well, I guess I’ll see you later.” Kai waved, almost waved him off, so he started walking away, scared to look back, but he could feel eyes boring into his back.

~*~

Sigh. Didn't really like this chapter, either. >.<

I'm not going to be one of those mean authors that deprives you of chapters because you won't comment, but please, guys? :) Feedback is what keeps the author going, and I have so many subscribers, but almost no comments. Anyway, I'm off. Hope you enjoyed! :P