Chapter Twenty

Unwritten

The next day, Kyungsoo stayed in bed. Not only was he on break from a school he would never return to, but he was still down about the incident that occurred the day before. The fact that his friends couldn’t get over him being D.O was becoming so upsetting that all he did was lay and bed and stare at the wall all morning.

Kai was the only one who seemed to handle it well. He and Kyungsoo had been talking all night over video chat, while Kyungsoo tried to write—which didn’t end well. But he got enough done when the chat finished that he was satisfied. Kai understood, but he could space his work out a lot more with college not being in the picture anymore.

He groaned softly as he shifted in bed, now facing the walls that were covered in his music choices. Just as his eyes slipped closed for the nth time that morning, the shrill ringing of his cell phone was heard. He moaned in frustration and picked it up, not even checking who was calling him before answering. “What?” he growled.

“Wow, grouchy, good morning to you too.”

Kyungsoo’s anger faltered. “Kai?”

Kai chuckled. “Hi. You sound angry.”

“I’m sorry. I’ve been in bed all morning and I guess I’m just not in the mood,” Kyungsoo explained, forcing himself to sit up in his creaky bed and run fingers through his cropped hair.

“Well, get up, because I’m driving to your house right now. I’m about five minutes away.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Kai—“

“Nope. See you in a few.” The call ended with a beep. Kyungsoo sighed heavily and set his phone down, managing to look himself a bit more decent before his doorbell rang, signaling that the expected guest had finally arrived. Kyungsoo shuffled over to the door and opened it slowly.

Kai was standing by the frame, dressed in a grey t-shirt and jeans, a cap backwards on his head. He smelled strongly of fantastic smelling cologne, and there was a warm smile on his flawless face. “Told you I’d be here, baby.”

Kyungsoo just smiled before snaking his arms around the younger boy’s waist. He clung to the shirt, feeling the fabric through his palms as he breathed in Kai’s scent. “You smell good. New cologne?”

“Bought it last night,” Kai replied, kissing Kyungsoo on the neck. They pulled away and Kai shut the door, kicking off his red sneakers and plopping down on the couch with Kyungsoo at his side, who kicked his feet up on the coffee table and leaned against Kai.

“You look so sad. What’s wrong?” Kai commented, tracing Kyungsoo’s features lightly with his index finger. Kyungsoo didn’t want to admit it; he felt silly.

“I guess I’m still upset about the D.O thing,” Kyungsoo confessed, looking down.

Kai stopped tracing. “Baby, it doesn’t matter. They’ll get over it, okay? It’s not a big deal,” he assured Kyungsoo. “If anything, it makes me love you more.”

“Will you let me help you on your literature homework now that you know?” Kyungsoo teased.

Kai grinned. “Yes, please.” As they became tangled in each other’s arms, the radiant scent of Kai’s cologne with his natural smell combining under Kyungsoo’s nose, he became so peaceful that his eyes shut without him even knowing. He was sure he would’ve fallen asleep, too, if Kai hadn’t spoken. “How come you don’t have your tree up yet?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes opened, as well as his eyebrows rose. “What?”

“Your Christmas tree? Where is it?”

When realization hit, Kyungsoo remembered that Christmas, which was only four days away, hadn’t even crossed his mind. “Oh. Ever since I moved out, Christmas just seems kind of pointless to me because I’m alone.”

Kai scoffed. “That’s not fair. You deserve to celebrate and get gifts.”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Doesn’t bother me.”

“Well, it bothers me. I’m showing up here on Christmas morning, and if I have to drag you to my house, I will. I don’t care. But you’re eating a true Christmas dinner with me, and I’ll get you a present you’ll never expect. You’re going.”

Deciding to give in, Kyungsoo sighed. “Sure, I guess.”

Kai chuckled at how unenthused he sounded, gently playing with Kyungsoo’s hair in his fingers. “And… since you’re not going back to school… did you think about it anymore?” he asked quietly, almost scared of the answer to come. Kyungsoo, however, answered calmly.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know, I just never did. I’m not very talented, Kai. You probably have more talent running through your veins than I could ever acquire,” he explained, looking down.

Kai just shifted a bit. “Baby, don’t say that. That’s what they’re there for; I know you can sing very well, and if you can pass in singing, they can help you with dancing and everything else. You have potential. And since your schedule is more or less clear right now, why not give it a chance?”

Kyungsoo pondered this.

“No.”

“Please, baby?” Kai sounded desperate now.

Kyungsoo stayed silent. He knew it was worth a shot, so he finally gave in yet again. “Fine.”

Eyebrows raised, Kai turned to him in shock. “Really?”

“Yes. On one condition.”

When he saw that Kai was listening, he continued.

“You help me with my dancing.”

“Can you help me with my singing?”

“Yes.”

“It’s a deal, then.”

~*~

On the day of Christmas Eve, it was raining. There was no sign of snow anywhere; it was freezing outside, but the droplets of water that the endless clouds continued to produce showed no signs whatsoever of becoming snow. Kyungsoo was sat on his bed, his lower half under his covers, the keyboard of his laptop clicking constantly.

His writing was starting to get serious now; with only two weeks left to finish his story—but lots of time to do it—he had to start writing at least a chapter every other day to get done in time. He had told Yunho about his school failing, and though he was floored, he knew Kyungsoo could be a lot more flexible, writing wise, with school out of sight.

He sighed as another chapter came to a close, peering out the window and observing the pouring rain occurring outside. He saved his work and shut his laptop’s lid, climbing out of bed and shuffling to his kitchen for something to eat. He hadn’t put food in his mouth since he started the chapter; hours ago.

Just as he sat down to eat on the couch, he startled when his door was knocked out. Groaning, he pushed himself off the couch and went to go answer the door, in shock at who it was.

Kai. His clothes—gym shorts and a t-shirt—were soaked to the bone, and he was shivering. “Uh, hi.”

“What the hell, Jongin?!” Kyungsoo gasped, all but shoving him inside. “You’re going to get sick if you do that! Why don’t you have an umbrella?”

He looked sheepish. “Um, I was going out for a run, since, you know, I have to get in shape in time for auditions in a month. I got rained on, and I was closer to your house than mine, so I’m here now,” he explained, his teeth chattering as he forced out his words.

“Aish, boy. Get out of those clothes and go throw them in the laundry room,” Kyungsoo ordered, like a mother to her son. “I’ll go get you some of my clothes to wear.”

Kai nodded, obeying silently. Kyungsoo scurried to his closet and pulled out pajama pants and a thick sweatshirt, throwing them in the laundry room without catching sight of the younger. He shouted a thank you and emerged quickly in his new clothes.

“Why do your clothes fit me?”

“I don’t know, but you’re stupid.”

“I’m stupid?”

“Well, intelligent people don’t go running when it’s cloudy outside!”

Kai pursed his lips. “Good point.”

Kyungsoo groaned. “If you get sick, I’m not kissing you. That’s gross.”

Kai frowned and sat down on the couch. “That’s not fair.”

“Learn your lesson,” Kyungsoo teased, sitting next to him and wrapping his arms around Kai. “Here, some extra warmth.”

The younger smiled and leaned on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “Merry Christmas Eve.”

“That was random.”

“Well, yeah. You didn’t get me anything, did you?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Crap, Kai, I’m so—“

Instead, Kai just chuckled. “Don’t worry. I’m glad you didn’t. You’re enough, and it’s not fair you spend your money on me when I get joy just by seeing your face every day,” he explained, making Kyungsoo blush. “Your cheeks, too,” he added, just making them redder.

However, there were no more conversations due to Kai passing out on Kyungsoo within minutes. When the sky finally cleared, Kyungsoo shook Kai’s shoulder. “Yah. The rain stopped.”

Kai grumbled something and kept his eyes closed, shifting on Kyungsoo and gripping him tighter. Sighing, the older just stayed how we was, letting his lover sleep. He was probably exhausted from his run, plus the rain. He messed with Kai’s damp hair and smiled in content.

“Sleep well, you brat.”

~*~

Ohhhh myyy gooodddd I'mmm sssooo soorrryyyy. ;_; I completely abandoned you gaiz for two weeks, but my life has been killing me and I'm not done yet. D: This is short and not very good, forgive me.

But, here's a plus.

next chapter. ^^

If you don't like , I'm sorry, but the chapter contains some things that will be important to the story, so you wiill have to read the beginning. You don't have to continue though, because I don't want to pressure you if you're uncomfortable. :b

Please comment~ Thank you!