Mean Girl in Pink

God, You're Confusing

 

 

Well...a girl wearing a ridiculous amount of makeup was marching towards us, and I was a little intimidated by her expression. It was a cross between that of a lovesick bulldog that'd just seen a bone, and a parakeet that just needed to bite something. Taemin, on the other hand, looked a little irritated. He half-heartedly waved at the girl.

"Taemin-oppa! You weren't at rehearsals yesterday!" the girl gave a pout and ignored me completely. Taemin laughed...that was a scary sound.

"I was just getting to know the student from the transfer program," Taemin pointed at me, and gave the girl another smile. 

"But we learned some new moves! Are you sure you'll be able to catch up?" the girl batted her eyelashes, "I can always help you if you get stuck."

"I think I'll be fine, Yeon Ri," Taemin said, as he slowly moved towards me. Now, the girl, Yen Re or something, gave me a dirty look.

"Oh, is this the transfer student Key was talking about?" the girl drawled, giving me a pointed look, "Poor thing...to be all alone in a foreign country; I hope you don't get too homesick." She was getting on my nerves.

"I'm Young Rin," I said, grimacing at the girl. There was no way in hell I was going to make friends with this .

"It's nice to meet you, and I'm sure we'll have lots of fun together! I'm Yeon Ri" the girl seemed to lose interest in me, and started tugging on Taemin's sleeve.

"Oppa, want to go get some ice cream?" Yeon Ri asked, and then as an afterthought added, "Young Bin can come too." At least I could tell my disinterest in her was reciprocated. 

"Young Rin," Taemin absently corrected. He gave me a shrug, but I could tell he didn't want to be left alone with Yeon Ri. That made two of us.

"It's fine," I said, trying to ignore the puppy look Taemin was giving me, "You guys should have some quality time together. I've been meaning to go to the bookstore anyways."

"Are you sure?" Yeon Ri asked, in a way that made me sure she didn't want me coming along. Just as I was about to nod, Taemin had to into the conversation.

"Yah, Young Rin, if you get lost like you always do, the hyungs will blame me," Taemin blustered, and then to Yeon Ri, said "Sorry Yeon Ri, but my hyungs would kill me if the transfer student got lost." Yeon Ri was pretty mad, but assured Taemin that it was fine for me to tag along. I rolled my eyes at Taemin's lame excuse.

But I have to admit...it was pretty fun watching Taemin get dragged down to the ice cream shop by Yeon Ri. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin seemed very uncomfortable squished between Yeon Ri and the glass window of the ice cream parlor. I sat opposite him and gave him a smirk. Karma's a , and Taemin had to learn that the hard way. 

"Oppa~say 'Ahhh'!" Yeon Ri had ordered Taemin's ice cream for him, and was trying to force feed him. I felt a little bad for him, but I just avoided looking at them...watching Yeon Ri almost made me want to throw up my delicious triple chocolate ice cream sundae. Over the ice cream, I mused on Yeon Ri. She had weird tastes in fashion; she was wearing a bright pink scarf in August, and hot flamingo pink shorts that were barely seen under her metallic silver tank top. I nearly gagged when I saw what ice cream she ordered. It was some kind of low fat raspberry cherry pomegranate ice cream. Taemin was desperately trying to avoid the dreaded spoon of awfulness while I enjoyed my chocolaty heaven. 

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the taste of my treat...right before something cold and sticky fell on my lap.