Lucifer in the Bedroom

God, You're Confusing

 

Taemin seemed to have developed a habit of starting conversations with his back turned to me. After the disastrous cereal and disgusting milk, I went into the bedroom to unpack. I had a few moments of peace and quiet before Taemin plopped himself next to me on the floor and started going through my underclothes. 

"Noona, you wear such provocative lingerie! I never knew you had it in you."

Taemin held up a bright red thong that I had gotten for Christmas a few years back. For the record, I'd never actually worn that thong; it was a prank gift my friends had given me and I had hidden it in my suitcase to prevent my parents from accidentally finding it.

"I don't wear lingerie, you ert," I  said, grabbing the thong back from him. I thought I wasn't blushing, but from Taemin's smirk, I couldn't be sure. He began ruffling through my other clothes, and I thanked my lucky stars that I had unpacked my bras.

"What, you actually have bras? You're so flat chested I couldn't even tell you were wearing one!" Taemin mocked me sardonically. Did I just say that out loud? I mentally groaned; here was a guy with the mentality of a five year old going through my clothes.

"Taemin, go to your side of the room and stop bothering me," I said sternly, as  I gave him a shove to get him moving. Instead of moving, he shoved me back and I hit my head on the foot of my bed.  

"Aren't you my friend, noona? Umma said you were," said Taemin, as he gave me a teary-eyed look. What was up with his aegyo? It made me want to punch him.

"Shut up, and don't call me noona. I'm younger than you, oppa," I said, stretching the last word, "And stop with the aegyo; it's really annoying." At this, Taemin looked taken aback. I could practically hear the thoughts running through his mind, 'My aegyo doesn't work on this person? But it works on all my fangirls and even the hyungs!' He seemed to mentally panic for a few minutes and then, he grabbed my arm and hauled me onto my bed. 

"Stay there," Taemin ordered, as he jumped up and ran to one of the closets. There were actually two closets in the bedroom; there was one incredibly big one and an incredibly small one. I had taken the smaller one in case Taemin griped about not having enough room for his clothes. Although what he was doing looked stupid, I was curious to see what was inside the larger closet. As soon as he slid the door to his closet open, my jaw dropped. There was a flat screen TV in his closet! 

He hooked up his laptop to the TV and with his back turned to me, he asked in a deep voice, "Have you ever watched Lucifer?" Okay, that sounded like he was involved in some type of cult. What if he was trying to convert me? 

"Sorry, but I'm not a big cult fan," I said nervously, trying to nudge my way over to the edge of my bed.

"It's not a cult, you idiot! It's a music video," Taemin practically exploded, and I half expected him to start spewing rainbow cats from his mouth. Without further explanation, he started the video. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"So what did you think?" Taemin asked me, as he turned off the TV. 

"Well, it was very unique," I said, trying to sound interested, "The girl in the red pants was very pretty though." I hadn't really watched the video because I was distracted by a spider who had crawled onto my bed and was trying to bite me. When I finally swatted the spider off the bed and onto the carpet, I realized that Taemin had been quiet for over five minutes.

"Ah, I see, is that girl your girlfriend? I bet she's even prettier in real life," I nervously babbled away, unsure why Taemin was suddenly so sullen.

"Shut up. I'm going to bed."

I really didn't understand how Taemin could change moods so quickly.