Issues with Muffins

God, You're Confusing

 

"Wake up! Rise and shine, Young Rin!" someone with a very annoying voice sang into my ear. In response, I dragged my blankets around my head and tried my best to ignore Mr. Peppy Voice.

"Yah, if you don't wake up, you can't come shopping with us today," the voice continued, and I continued to ignore him. My blankets were really warm...until someone poured ice cold water on me.

"What the hell?" I bolted up and flinched when I saw a very pissed looking Taemin holding an empty glass and a fidgety Key. 

"Hey, good job Taemin! I never knew you had it in you!" Key chattered away as I warily watched Taemin. He seemed really mad at something, and I silently wondered if he was PMSing. Taemin's eyes widened, and I realized I had just said it out loud again. This time, he walked out and brushed by Key.

"So, here's the plan today Young Rin; we're going on a shopping spree! Your fashion sense is just horrendous...it's almost as bad as my mother's," Key rambled on and on.

"I have clothes, and I don't need any more," I deadpanned, as I tried to leave the room. Key blocked me, and as if to prove a point, brandished a T-shirt at me.

"You call this rag an article of clothing?" Key chastised me, "It's a free shirt from a university camp!" I honestly didn't care about my fashion sense. As long as I didn't leave the house , I was fine. 

"If you're going to live with us, you need to represent the SHINee style," Key continued, picking up more of my clothing and shaking his finger at me. I put my hands up as a sign of defeat. There was no way I could out argue Key, and all I really wanted at the moment was breakfast. I walked past Key, and he followed closely behind me.

In the kitchen, Onew was busy cooking something on the stovetop, and Minho was setting the table. Taemin had his back turned to me again and Jonghyun was reading the newspaper. I sat down next to Taemin. Immediately, he moved away from me and to the other side of the table. I dismissed his action as my early morning unattractiveness and reached for a napkin in the middle of the table. Taemin took the whole stack of them, and purposely put them out of my reach. Okay...someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I brightened as Onew set a plate of muffins in front of me. He smiled cheerily at me, and I smiled back in thanks. However, while I was doing this, Taemin took the opportunity to take the muffins and set them all right next to his plate. Although I tried waiting patiently, after Taemin had finished his second muffin, I couldn't take it any longer. The aroma of the muffins was too tempting. I stood up and grabbed  the plate from Taemin. He didn't do anything to stop me, but didn't look at me. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows at me, and smirked. I smacked his arm, and glared at him. Minho sat down next to me in Taemin's original seat. I rose up and went to the washroom. From the corner of my eye, I could see the other members of SHINee crowding around Taemin. 

"Yah, Taemin, what's your problem with Young Rin? You've been really rude to her this morning," Key started off, hands on hips. Taemin grunted and just stared at the table. 

Jonghyun tried the erted approach to get a reaction from Taemin. "Did she do something to you last night?"

"No!" Taemin blushed heavily, but continued to stare at the table.

Onew tried bribery. "If you tell us what's wrong, I'll give you chicken!" Taemin just ignored him.

Minho looked him straight in the eye and asked, "Did you show her your collection?" I nearly fainted when Taemin shook his head. He had a collection?

Taemin began to fidget more and more and then motioned for his hyungs to move closer. I actually poked my head out of the washroom in an attempt to hear the whispered confession, but Taemin’s speech rate was so high I could barely hear anything.

I do know, however, that whatever he said caused Onew and Minho to look thoughtful, while Jonghyun and Key burst out laughing.

Taemin just looked depressed and listless, but was not apparently as dejected as he looked because he chucked the whole platter of muffins at Key and Jonghyun. I groaned.

I’d liked those muffins.