Comfort After Conflict

God, You're Confusing

 

Taemin was not a very happy person at 4 am in the morning, but then again, neither was I. My bed had finally been cleaned and the barfed up mattress was removed, and Taemin's old sheets had been tossed out and replaced with new ones. He absolutely refused to even touch his bed after I explained to him about periods; he thought they were like more advanced cases of cooties. Unfortunately, the health class baby was in the living room and its crying was bursting my eardrums.

"Taemin," I groaned, muffling my face into my bed. "Go and change the baby's diaper; you haven't been helping all week."

"Shut up...I've been busy all week going to promotions while you've been sitting at home," he said disjointedly. "I haven't had a proper night's sleep in a week."

"I have a test tomorrow," I said, hoping to get him to move.

"have a radio show tomorrow," he retorted, throwing his pillow at me. "Just go and change the stupid baby...it hates me anyways." 

I saw that there was no way to resolve this peacefully. I was going to have to resort to dirty tactics.

"No way you're going to punch me awake," Taemin said smugly. It seemed like I was more prone to talking out loud when I was tired. I ignored him, and got up. Stretching, I left the room and returned in a few minutes with a present for Taemin. As I leaned over his bed, I prodded him more insistently.

"I'm going to give you five seconds to wake up and help me, or else," I said, as I held my glass above his head. He mumbled something defiantly and turned away from me. I sighed...looked like he was just going to be an irresponsible jerkface butthead as usual. I patted his curly head in sympathy and poured my glass of water on him. 

"What the hell?" he yelled, as he bolted out of his bed and into the washroom. I waited outside with the baby in my arms. As soon as he walked out, I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the baby's box in the living room.

He glared at me. I looked pointedly from him to the baby.

"If you really don't want to help, I can always ask the teacher to excuse you from the assignment...it's only worth half your grade anyways. Jay and I would probably better be off by ourselves too," I said, emphasizing a few words. It was almost quite funny how quickly Taemin changed the baby after my offer.

"Glad to have you as a partner," I said as soon as he was done with the baby. However, as I turned to walk back to the bedroom, Taemin leaned down and grabbed my ankle and I fell. 

"I feel the same way," he said, giving me a disgustingly cheery smile. "See you in the morning!" 

He walked back towards the bedroom and stuck out his tongue at me before he closed the door. When I tried to open the door, it didn't budge; Taemin had locked the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering that I slept on the sofa without any blankets in shorts and a T-shirt for four hours, it wasn't surprising that I woke up with a cold. 

"Young Rin! Are you okay? You look kinda sick..."Onew was leaning over me with a thermostat. "Why are you on the sofa? Did something happen?" I weakly waved off Onew's thermostat which was perilously close to my face.

"I'm fine," I said, as I blinked at Onew. Taemin walked in the room. 

"Shouldn't we be leaving for the radio show?" he asked Onew, as he looked down on me. "What's wrong with her?"

"Aish, you listened to Onew about the schedule? The show's not until tomorrow," Key clucked as he ran into the room. "Young Rin seems a bit sick today."

"I have to go to school today! There's a really important test!" I said frantically as I tried to sit up. The motion made me sick and I barely made it to the washroom in time.

"Yah, Young Rin...your brain is full of holes. There's no school today," Taemin called from the living room. I staggered back and collapsed on the sofa.

"Well, Taemin, you're going to have to take care of Young Rin. We have to go get some contracts signed," Key said as he moved towards the doorway. "Jonghyun and Minho already left, so see you guys later! Get better, Young Rin!" The door slammed shut and I caught a glimpse of Onew getting his fingers caught in the door.

Taemin coughed and shifted awkwardly on the sofa.

This time, I snuggled closer towards him for warmth and fell asleep listening to his heart beat beside me.