Revenge in a Shoe Store

God, You're Confusing

 

I fell asleep in the car on the way to the mall. Taemin had been forced to sit next to me in an attempt to patch up whatever problem we seemed to have. I tried to not to droop my head onto Taemin's shoulder, but my only other option was the window with a bug's guts smeared all over it. For a while, I slept with my head propped up against the back of my seat, but somehow, I ended up waking up on Taemin's shoulder. I prepared myself for a huge tantrum or a death glare. When I realized that I had escaped unscathed, I looked up at him and was surprised to see him asleep. Just in case he suddenly woke up, I edged myself away from him. Of course, my movement caused him to jerk up. He just eyed me sleepily and turned away from me. However, as soon I returned to my original position, Taemin snuggled closer towards me with his eyes shut and buried his head in my hair.

"Sorry Young Rin, but Taemin gets carsick sometimes, and the best we can do is let him sleep it off," Minho whispered to me. I looked at Taemin's head on my shoulder. He didn't really look sick to me, but I had no practice in dealing with vomiting passengers. 

"Really? But he's ---" Onew was promptly cut off by a slap from Key.

"Onew, we've been over this remember? The doctor told him this morning that he should sleep off his carsickness," Key said, glancing over at me. Onew's eyes widened and immediately began ranting about how affected Taemin was. I felt bad for Onew; he seemed like such a forgetful and clumsy guy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wah! There's a sale on shoes!" Key screeched and then dragged all of us to the stupid store that had to have a 10% sale day. Personally, I was sure that Key would've forced us to go to that store even if there wasn't a sale. After an hour of shopping, we'd been bogged down with about fifteen of his bags. I hadn't bought a single thing, something that Key was constantly nagging me about. It was always, "Yah, Young Rin, you have an allowance so you should go spend it!" or "Why don't you buy some nice girl clothes" or "If you don't buy anything today, I'm going to throw away your free T-shirts!" Gah... The rest of the members seemed pretty used to Key's mood, and Jonghyun gave me a sympathetic look more than once. 

"Young Rin! Come here and try these heels! They're so cute," Key started gushing and a pair of sparkly gold heels into my face. I stepped back and into Taemin, who pushed me headfirst into a shoe stand. 

Needless to say, the store manager wasn't very happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really mad at Taemin. The other members of SHINee just about ditched me and Taemin when the store manager came over. She looked about twenty-five and had on a layer of makeup that seemed to be cracking from her anger. 

"Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?" she asked, looking straight at me. I was going to point at Taemin, but suddenly, he pulled out his aegyo.

"Noona, I'm really sorry! I apologize on behalf of my sister...you see, she has anger issues, but she's trying her best! It's really hard for the family when she's like this," Taemin earnestly apologized, and I was shocked to see him start to tear up. 

"Ah, I see," the manager cracked a smile at Taemin and then turned to glare at me, "You're such a sweet boy to be looking after your older sister. It must be difficult for you." I finally thought she was going to let us go without a punishment, but fate seemed to have it in for me.

"And you, young lady, you should be ashamed of bringing so much trouble to your poor brother! He defends you, and you have nothing to say for yourself?" the banshee totally started yelling at me, and I could see Taemin smirking across from me. He was still keeping up the teary eyed act. I waited for the manager to stop raging at me, and just as she was running out of steam, Taemin walked up behind me and knocked me into the manager. The screeching manager and I fell down in a mess of limbs. I was quick to react and ran out of the store as quickly as possible, with Taemin close behind.

After I felt like I was a safe distance away from the shoe store, I stopped and turned to face Taemin.

"What was that for, you stupid idiot?" I said, almost unable to control my anger.

"I had to get even with you for what you did," Taemin coolly replied, as he sat down on a nearby bench. What had I done to him?

"You don't know what you did?" Taemin stood up and looked me in the eye. Just as he seemed like he was about to tell me, he changed expressions.

"Never mind, we're equal now, so just don't do what you did last night again," Taemin seemed pretty satisfied with the way he concluded his speech. I stood still, dazed by his illogical reasoning. He was so confusing...he wasn't even going to tell me what I had done to make him angry? Stupid, stupid, stupid crazy guy.

Taemin started to walk away, and I followed him, still trying to figure out exactly how I had offended him. The only good thing about my public humiliation was that Taemin seemed to be back to normal; I supposed I should be thankful he wasn't one of those maniacs that held grudges for months. It seemed like he was back to normal as soon as he got "revenge". Of course, I'd be even more thankful if he didn't have to take the revenge route.

As I was pondering my situation, a disgustingly peppy voice called out.

"Ah! Taemin-oppa, what are you doing here?"