Cracking the Surface - Taemin's Voice

God, You're Confusing

 

Taemin's P.O.V

----------------------------------------------------------------

Young Rin is the most confusing person I've ever met. She hates my aegyo, doesn't understand my iness, and calls me girly. At first, I had her pegged as an annoying fangirl, but she surprised me in the elevator. Of course, I wasn't really scared...I was just a bit claustrophobic. I was reluctant to grab her hand, but it was either her, or the moldy carpet. Then, she had the nerve to try and get away from me; I mean seriously, what girl would give up a chance to hug me? Just as I thought she was going to start acting normal, and embrace the chance to get closer to me, she knocked me out. 

I actually woke up when we had reached my floor, but I wanted to see if she was going to oogle me in my sleep. What can I say? I'm a cautious guy. Plus, I liked her hair. It wasn't particularly soft, but it reminded me of a horse's mane. When she shouldered me and slowly meandered around, I was shocked to hear her cursing at me under her breath. I wasn't going to take that so I snorted into her hair. That shut her up. It turns out she had no idea where my dorm was and knocked on my annoying neighbor's door. Ugh...I hate Jay; he's such a player and he always tries to start up a conversation with me whenever I pass by him. Stupid git. 

I almost fell off Young Rin when she started blushing and stammering at Jay. What the hell? She never stammered when I was around, and I was a billion times hotter than Jay. I wanted to spit on him when he tried to help Young Rin carry me to my dorm. She was perfectly fine carrying me by herself. 

Then, there was the cereal. I've read enough of Key's shojo manga to know that girls like two types of guys; the sweet innocent yet naughty guy, and the demanding yet loveable jerk. I tried being the jerk first. It didn't work. Usually, when a guy complains that he's hungry, the girl starts blushing like mad and tries to fix up an amazing dinner. Young Rin just looked at me like I was an idiot and fixed me cereal with warm milk. I tried to be cheeky, but it backfired when she spit out her milk and stormed to our room. Ah, our room. 

Since being a jerk didn't work too well, I tried the innocent boy approach. I think I just ended up pissing her off even more, and she hardly blushed at all when I pulled out her thong. I was actually expecting the kind of faint the heroine always does when something embarrassing happens to her. 

Even though my first two attempts didn't work, I pulled out my trump card; y deep-voiced Taemin. Can you believe she thought Lucifer was some sort of cult? I think she even thought I was in a cult. It's amazing how stupid she is sometimes. I thought she would appreciate the video, but she wasn't even watching half of it. When I asked her how she found the video, I was expecting something like, "It was so amazing!" or "You're so y and hot Taemin!" or "Will you marry me?" Okay, well maybe not the last one, but I didn't think she was so blind that she thought that I was a girl. 

I know I was mean to Young Rin the next morning, but luckily, the hyungs took me aside right before we went to the mall and gave me some strategies to win over Young Rin.

"If you can, cuddle with her," said Key, "Girls like vulnerable guys."

"If you can, get her in trouble," said Minho, "defend her and then help her out of it. Girls love troublesome but noble guys."

"If she asks you something, act mysterious," said Jonghyun, "Girls go nuts for secretive guys."

"Why don't you just tell her you like her?" Onew asked. We all gave him a look.

"Girls don't like those kinds of direct confessions!" said Key, "They're all into the romance stuff nowadays. Get on with the program, Onew!"

Thus, by the time Young Rin and I escaped from the crazy shoe lady, I felt confident she was totally in love with me. When she asked me what she had done to make me upset, I almost told her…but then I remembered Jonghyun’s advice. I gave her a light smirk and dazzled her with my secretive aura.

Of course, just as soon as we began progressing towards a relationship beyond that of just roommates, someone had to ruin the moment.

“Ah! Taemin-oppa, what are you doing here?”