Baby in School

God, You're Confusing

 

"Taemin," I attempted to start a conversation for the first time in days. Taemin and the others were usually gone before I was awake and back after I was asleep, so a chance to talk with him was actually pretty rare. Now, he was watching One Piece on his laptop while occasionally snorting with laughter. He ignored me.

"Taemin!" I walked over to his bed and put my face really close to his. That got his attention. He blushed and stopped the video player.

"What? I was busy," he said, turning to face me.

"School's starting in a few days," I said, cautiously trying to bring up a topic. He rolled his eyes and flopped on his stomach.

"Yeah, so? Even I know that," he said, blowing his hair out of his eyes. I didn't know how to ask him my question without sounding fangirly.

"Um...do you think," I stuttered, blushing hard now. How could I ask him this question?

"I'm listening," he said, in a more serious voice. He was actually staring at me by now.

"Does Jay go to the same school as us?" I asked rapidly. Taemin blinked at me, as if unsure he had heard me right.

"You shouldn't get close to Jay," he said simply, glowering at his blanket. "He's not exactly the nicest guy around." With that, he got up and walked out of the room. I stared at his retreating back...was Jay really that bad?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting driven to school by Taemin was not my idea of bonding. Key, however, seemed to have some pretty skewed ideas about that subject. So that was how I ended up in the front seat of Taemin's car on the first day of school.

"Okay, before we actually get to school, I need to lay some ground rules with you," Taemin started off his lecture while I just drooped my head onto my seat.

"First, don't talk to me in school," Taemin said, "Secondly, don't expect me to look for you. Thirdly, if you get attacked by fangirls, it's your own fault for not being inconspicuous. Fourthly, I'm only supposed to drive you home on rainy days so don't think you can get a ride with me everyday." He paused for a breath before he realized I wasn't listening.

He smacked me with his free hand, and I bit him. 

"You...you bit me!" he cried, looking at me with alarm in his eyes. 'Yeah, and I can do a hell lot worse if you annoy me in the morning' I mentally added.

He looked at me apprehensively and shut up the rest of the ride to school. Unfortunately, my peace was short lived; Taemin booted me out of the car when we were a block away from the school.

"Bye bye!" he sang, as he gave me a death glare and drove away...What a nice guy.

When I reached the school, the first thing I noticed was that Taemin was really popular. He was surrounded by a group of fangirls that seemed to be bombarding him with sweets and gifts. I ignored him, like he told me, and tried to find my way to my first class. Instead, I bumped into Jay.

"Fancy meeting you here," Jay said, and held onto my shoulders. For the first time, I got a really good look at him. I almost started to blush, but I was saved by the bell. 

"What class do you have?" he asked me. Crap...what class did I have?

"Um, I have health class," I nervously said, and tried to smile at him.

"Really? Me too! This must be fate," Jay said, winking at me. Despite the cheesiness, I felt my heart flutter. The whole five minute walk to the health classroom was a blur to me. The only thing that shook me out of my daze was Taemin, who was standing at the door to the health room. He gave me a pointed look. I stubbornly held his look, and he angrily shook his head at me. Jay seemed oblivious to whatever rage issues Taemin seemed to be going through and ushered me in the door.

I ended up sitting in front of Taemin and behind Jay.

"Good morning class! I hope you've all had a wonderful summer, and I look forward to a brilliant year with you young sprouts of genius!" a high pitched male's voice rang from the doorway. A short little man with spectacles on his nose and grizzled hair walked in with a large cardboard box. "In this box, I hold your first assignment, and the key to bonding time!" This teacher seemed to have the same bonding issues as Key...

"Starting today, you'll be partnered up with a member of the opposite , and you'll have a baby to look after!"

The boys burst into wolf whistles and catcalls while most of the girls blushed and started whispering to each other.

"We can start off the pairings as a way of going through attendance!" the teacher cried, and dramatically pointed at me. Why me? 

"You," he said, "will be paired up with this lovely gentleman!" I directed my line of vision to the person he was pointing at...and flushed when I saw that it was Jay. Turning around, Jay smiled at me, and said, "I'm looking forward to this assignment." I felt like an idiot nodding my head like one of those plastic bobbleheads. As the teacher went through the rest of the names, I sat back with a smile on my face. I was going to be looking after a doll with Jay...with Jay. My daydream, however, was ruined when Taemin dropped a plastic doll on my desk.

"Taemin?" I asked, confused. He smirked at me.

"It looks like we're a now."