Blood on the Sheets

God, You're Confusing

 

"Oh, damn...you're on your thing, aren't you?" Key said, as he clicked his fingers at me the moment I walked out of the washroom. "I'll go get a hot water bottle for you." I grunted in thanks.

"What? What's going on?" Taemin demanded to know. For a hormonal teenager, Taemin could be pretty obtuse sometimes. 

"It's nothing you have to worry about, so just leave me alone," I snapped. I wasn't usually so y to Taemin, but I couldn't conceal my irritation during my time of month.

"I want to know!" he whined. I stalked off to the kitchen, where Jonghyun was making a disgusting looking protein shake.

"Morning," Jonghyun said, as he sipped his awful smelling drink.

"Could you take that somewhere else?" I asked, putting my head on the table. Jonghyun's eyes widened and he blushed.

"Are...are you on your-?" Jonghyun stage whispered to me.

"What do you think?" I asked grumpily. He patted me on my shoulder in sympathy. 

"Hyung, tell me what's going on! Please!" Taemin pouted, trying to use his aegyo on Jonghyun. Laughing, Jonghyun flicked Taemin's forehead.

"Young grasshopper, you still have a ways to go!" What the hell? That made absolutely no sense...but coming from Jonghyun, I supposed that was supposed to be humor. I raised my head when I heard the front door open. Minho entered, slightly out of breath from a work out. He waved at us and walked over to the table. He was about to sit on the edge of it when I slammed my hand on the table.

"Minho...if you're the reason why the table breaks again while I have my head on it, you'll be running for a very long time," I said calmly. I was really ticked off by the most insignificant things, and my anger just rocketed to an undefinable level. Minho stared at me with those froggy eyes of his, and then realization hit him.

"I think there's chocolate in the drawer," he said weakly, and then ran to his room. Jonghyun left after winking at me and Taemin.

"Minho, why does she need chocolate? Tell me!" Was it just me, or did Taemin's voice get considerably more grating and whiny in the last few seconds? I put my head back down on the table. Of course, I was only able to get a few minutes of peace and quiet before Onew practically tripped his way into the kitchen.

"Young Rin! Taemin! Morning! Did you guys have breakfast? How was it? Is there any left over?" Onew's voice was piercing through my brain.

"Onew...please, please shut up," I said, while rubbing my temples. Onew stopped at once and tentatively walked towards me.

"Sorry!" he squeaked, "I think I ate the last chocolate bar too! Forgive me!" And with that, he turned and attempted to walk away quietly. Too bad Taemin grabbed his arm.

"Onew...I know you know what the other hyungs know...so enlighten me, before I tell Key what you did to his toothbrush," Taemin said, trying the threatening approach.

Onew blanched. "Actually, that was your toothbrush," he said nervously, as he pried Taemin's fingers off and made a run for his bedroom. Now left alone with me, Taemin sat down at the table. He started drumming his fingers on the table. When that didn't cause me to move, he started drumming harder...and harder...and then I raised my head.

"Taemin, if you don't stop annoying me, I'm going to sic my mouse on you," I said coldly. Luckily, my threat was effective. Taemin yelped and nearly knocked over his chair in his attempt to get away from me. I smirked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, I gave Key a look as I got into Taemin's bed. 

"I'm pretty sure Taemin won't try anything. He's a good kid at heart. But if he does..." Key whispered, and motioned for me to lean closer towards him. "There's a taser in the nightstand that he doesn't know about." Key quickly shut up as Taemin entered the room.

"Have a good night's sleep!" Key gave one last wave before exiting the room. Seeing as how I was already in his bed, Taemin awkwardly positioned himself around me and tried to make himself comfortable. I nearly fell out of the bed when he gave up and snuggled close to me. He put his arms around me and buried his face into my hair. I would never admit it to him, but that night, I fell asleep with a smile.

A few hours later, Taemin woke up screaming. 

"Young Rin! There's blood on the bed. We didn't, we didn't do anything right? Because I heard that the first time people do it, there's blood. We didn't right?"

I mentally facepalmed. Then the baby started crying.