Mouse in the Kitchen

God, You're Confusing

I looked down at my lap, and groaned. Somehow, Yeon Ri's ice cream had landed there, and judging by the way she was attempting to fuss over Taemin, she wasn't sorry at all. In fact, I don't think she even noticed. She was too busy trying to wipe some raspberry flavoring off Taemin's mouth. 

"Oppa, until your face is clean, we can't go shopping! There's this new store I've just been dying to go to!" 

This was going to be a long day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gah. After four hours of mind-numbing shopping with a girl who never shut up, I was half-dead. Yeon Ri forced Taemin to go into just about every clothing store, and refused to leave empty-handed. At least she stopped outright flirting with him; I found out that she had the same attraction to sparkly things as my five year old neighbor. Still, every time we left a store, she'd give me a look as if to say "What, you're still here?" Taemin finally had the sense to cough up some excuse about a busy day tomorrow, and we were home free.

Of course, Taemin didn't have his cell phone with him, and we had to get a ride from Yeon Ri. For me, that just meant another hour of prattling, seeing as how she took the longest, most traffic ridden route back to the dorm.

When we finally got home, Yeon Ri gave Taemin a wave and drove away. As I trudged up the stairs (there was no way I was ever going to take the elevator with Taemin again), I noticed Taemin wasn't behind me. He was still at the foot of the stairs.

"Taemin, aren't you coming up?" I asked.

"I'm tired...carry me upstairs," he said, slowly leaning against the wall and sliding on the ground. "I've had a hard day."

"If you're tired, take the elevator," I said, putting my weight against the railing. Taemin immediately blushed, and then ran up the stairs behind me.

"Oh, would you look at that," I said cynically, as I continued onwards. "It seems like you do have some energy afterall." Taemin didn't reply, but I could picture his scowl. I smiled for the first time that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon opening the door to the dorm, I realized something was wrong. All the lights were , and Key and Jonghyun were on their knees on the kitchen table. Minho was under the table with a broomstick, and Onew was somehow stuck between the side of the fridge and the counter.

"Minho, it just ran under, under the counter!" Key screamed. 

"That was just a button that fell off Onew's coat," Minho said, exasperated, but continued over to the counter. 

"No way that's a button! It just moved and twitched!" Jonghyun sided with Key, and edged himself over to the side of the table.

"What's going on?" Taemin asked, as he entered the kitchen.

"You're finally back!" Onew cried, as he attempted to awkwardly wave at us. "There's something crawling around in the kitchen, and Key totally freaked out."

"How did you get stuck?" I asked, as I walked over to him. 

"Eeek! Young Rin, get away from there! The crawling thing came out from the fridge...you might get a disease!" Key seemed pretty worried about me, but not so much about Onew.

"I was trying to catch it, and somehow I ended up like this," Onew said, sheepishly. Suddenly, a mouse darted out from under the counter and without thinking, I bent down and scooped it up.

"PUT THAT THING DOWN RIGHT NOW...IT MIGHT BITE YOU AND GIVE YOU MOUSE RABIES," Key was really freaked out now, but I just ignored him.

"Why are you holding that...that mouse?" Taemin squeaked, and joined Key and Jonghyun on the kitchen table. 

"Calm down," I said, as I headed towards my bedroom. "I'm just going to keep him as a pet." Any further protests that could've been made were cut off when the kitchen table collapsed.