The Ahjussi In The Washroom

God, You're Confusing

Once upon a time, in a stupid world, there lived an idealistic girl named Song Young Rin. That's me. Or more specifically, I was an idealistic girl in a stupid world. But now, I guess I'm not so practical, and that the world isn't quite as horrible as it seems anymore. My love story isn't the one with Prince Charming and Cinderella - unfortunately, that story's copyrighted- and it isn't the cliche, "He hates me, I love him" story...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - -

"Ugh...that plane food was really gross," I muttered to myself as I got off the airplane. I slowly dragged my luggage towards a bench near the centre of the airport. Glancing down at my watch, I realized I was in for a long wait; the idol group, S-something, was supposed to pick me up at 3:30, and it was only 1. As I closed my eyes, I thought about how ridiculous the whole program I was enrolled in was. The premise of the program was that a poor, foreign girl with adequate Korean would spend a year with a famous K-pop group to experience the life in the fast lane, and live the dreams of millions of fans across the globe. My parents, thought that this program was genius, and that I would be famous, loved and forever remembered and, well, what they thought was questionable. The only thing that really appealed to me was the fact that the whole program was free...and that I got a monthly allowance of $1000 each month. Surprisingly, the application form was easy as hell to fill out, and the people behind the application didn't seem all that interested in grades. However, there were those photos...oh God, if people saw those photos, I would die.

After half an hour of restless waiting and staring at the plastic potted plant beside me on the bench, I realized that the airport food was really not agreeing with me. I started jogging at a light pace towards the washrooms, and then broke into a run. The only problem with my running was that I was carrying a heavy suitcase behind me, and my path was filled with people. Eventually, I made it to the washrooms. I entered the washroom, and immediately stopped.

An ahjussi was at the urinal, and though I couldn't see him doing his business, I could hear it. And it was loud. Slowly, I began edging towards the doorway. Soon, I was only four meters from my escape, and my suitcase chose to squeak loudly at that exact moment. 

The ahjussi turned around. All I could see was a face with a mop of curly hair and eyes covered by sunglasses.

'Oh my God...this guy is a freaking pedo...who wears sunglasses to the bathroom? Wait...his hands are going to his pockets - he's not going to pull something on me, is he?' With all those thoughts running through my mind, I did the logical thing; I screamed.

"HOLY CRAP... I'M SORRY-PLEASE DON'T HURT ME AHJUSSI!" and then I sprinted out the washroom as quickly as possible. My stomach could wait until the washrooms were clear. Finally, I got back to my bench, which I immediately deemed "My Safety Bench". Apparently, during my absence, the people who were supposed to pick me up arrived. There were four of them there, and they all looked like they had just stepped out of a rainbow; I mean, each of them was dressed in a different colour. After two seconds of staring, my eyes couldn't handle it.

The shortest guy, came up to me with a big dopey smile on his face, and then started talking really quickly in Korean. Like I said, I can understand Korean, but this guy was talking like forty words a breath, and well, the best I could do was nod and smile...and nod....and smile. He was really tiring to listen too, so I began to focus on his nostrils flaring. Eventually, I just zoned him out. During the middle of the short guy's ramble, another person ran up to us, and his face was really red. He had chestnut hair, and he looked a bit familiar...