Preview: My Worst/Best Choice

Yesterday's Villa

Hyung Jun strolled into the living room after Jungmin almost bouncing off the walls. Jungmin made a small laugh but then opened the fridge door to grab water. The night hadn’t been that lively in his opinion and he was deflated from lack of conversation. His younger friend had no idea of the kind of night he’d had.


“So what did you think of her?” Jungmin put his water bottle back in the fridge. He then left the kitchen and flopped down onto his couch. Hyung Jun didn’t leave, he stood waiting in curiosity.

“She’s…” He struggled to find the suitable word. “Ok.”

“Ok?” Hyung Jun sighed, “Is that it? She’s just ok?”

Jungmin shrugged while on his back. “Well, yeah. What else do you expect me to tell you?”

“Come on hyung. Don’t you feel anything for her?”

“Nope,” the honesty was like being hit with cold water. “I don’t.” He sat up to give Hyung Jun better attention. “I don’t know why you two thought it was a good idea to set me up with her. She’s too quiet, reserved; how am I meant to know that she’s the girl for me if she won’t even tell me her favourite colour?”

 

Hyung Jun paused to think over what Jungmin told him. “Well… These things don’t always happen straight away.”

“Like you and Maddy?” Hyung Jun winced, the blow directly at him. Jungmin turned away to grab the television controller next to him on his coffee table. “I hate to break it to you Hyung Jun-ah but not everybody that goes on a blind date ends up contacting that person again.”

Jungmin turned off the television, giving a yawn. “I should go to bed. I have to be up early tomorrow. Don’t you have schedules or something?” Hyung Jun shook his head.

“Nope, tomorrow I’m showing Maddy around Seoul. It’s the least I can do for her. However the problem is we would have to do it in a bus or car because it’s easy to get caught.”

 

The image of his friend wearing sunglasses on a tourist bus with a bunch of senile people and his girlfriend made Jungmin crack a grin. “Sounds like it would be fun. Make sure you tell Maddy to bring her Korean English dictionary with her so she can keep up. Some guides talk too fast so even the native speakers can’t understand sometimes.”

Hyung Jun broke out into laughter along with Jungmin. “Thanks Jungmin, I’ll remember that.”

~*~

Sorry it's not very long. I just wanted to give a brief preview to what the story is about before posting it. Thanks for reading this and I hope you'll read it when I start writing it.