Twenty One

Yesterday's Villa

Kyu Jong almost forgot to get changed when he came off the stage. The Master of the Ceremonies had been brutal with the questions and he’d struggled to answer some of them without mentioning Sang Hee. A lot of the fans knew he was married already but the last thing he wanted was to have them harassing her further.

 

His manager wiped his face with a towel. “Ah Kyu Jong-ah you did well.” Kyu Jong nodded, while his stylist attempted to remove the waistcoat he’d been wearing.
“What’s the time for tomorrow’s recording?”

What he received as an answer was, “you have to be at KBS by seven am.” With a yawn and a simple ‘Ok’ for his response Kyu Jong got changed out of his outfit to something more appropriate for the drive home.

 

He checked his phone during the drive. Sang Hee had left him some messages:

 

I put together some glass noodles for dinner. It will be covered up for you.

 

She really was learning to be more and more considerate:

 

Make sure you get some rest on the way home.

 

Kyu Jong typed back a short but sweet reply, making sure he added extra gestures to it:

 

Thank you honey <3 ^_^

 

“Thanks for the lift,” Kyu Jong thanked his manager and then let himself inside the building. He came in to see the lights were still on. This didn’t make sense, it was late at night. Through the main room into the kitchen he saw Sang Hee standing over the sink washing the dishes.


“Honey,” he came over to her. “Why are you doing this so late?”

She had a delayed reaction. “Oh Kyu Jong, I didn’t hear you come in.” Her face was pale and eyes red. In his opinion she seemed tired.

 

“Have a rest I can finish up.” He felt exhausted but on the other hand he could see she didn’t look well. She refused, not budging from her spot. “Sang Hee,” he spoke with some force. “Sang Hee I can do it.” He had to take her by the hand and lead her away. She stood where she was while her husband rolled up his sleeves.

 

Sang Hee blinked, her vision was becoming strange. Just like last…


“Kyu Jong!” There was a thud. Kyu Jong jumped from hearing his name. He turned around. Sang Hee was on the floor, convulsing violently.
“Sang Hee,” he got out of the sink to come to her aid. She was shaking beyond anything he’d experienced, her eyes rolled into the back of her head, sweat trickling down her body. He was afraid to touch her at first, the jerky movements almost made it impossible to get within a few centimetres.


“God no,” Kyu Jong exclaimed. He went to the phone calling the emergency number. In a flustered rush he explained the situation before hanging up. He took a deep breath; the doctors had given him a run through as to what he should do if she were to have a seizure. “Come on,” he looked around. “Think Kyu Jong, think!”

 

First of all he didn’t have to worry about her falling. She’d done that already. Next he carefully moved her onto her side. He remembered the doctor’s words in his head. “If she throws up having her on her side will stop her from choking on it.”

After this he made sure she was still breathing. A simple check of her chest movement confirmed that this was so. He got a cushion and placed it under her head. The last thing they needed was for her to experience further injuries. He also moved any and everything that may get in the way.

 

Now he had to wait.

 

*

 

The ambulance came as soon as they could. Sang Hee had stabilised her breathing normal but she was exhausted from the event so she slept in the ambulance. At the hospital Kyu Jong had to give details to her seizure to assist her doctor in whatever way it could.

“So you say that you found her on the floor after she fell and it was no more than eleven minutes?” Kyu Jong nodded. “Was she extremely tired, queasy, hungry or blank?”

“She did seem a bit spaced out.” He should have realised it from the start. How could he have taken her tiredness for granted? If only he’d been more cautious.


“The good news is she should be fine. Her illness is probably the cause behind the seizure as it’s one of the symptoms that can result. She should be ok to come out tomorrow.”

“Thank you,” Kyu Jong was eager to see her. To his surprise she was awake, but not reactive as such. He sat next to her bed, holding her hand.
“What a relief that it wasn’t as serious.” He did his best to lighten the mood. Sang Hee agreed with a tiny nod.


“I’m sorry,” she apologised. “Sorry that I made you worry.” Kyu Jong shook his head managing to smile. “It’s alright really. It could have been a lot worse.” Sang Hee leaned back against the pillow. “Kyu Jong… Just because I haven’t always been opening up to you doesn’t mean I want you lying to me.”

“Ok so I was a little anxious.” He finally admitted, “But it passed when the doctor told me the news.” He brushed his thumb over her hand. “You’re going to be ok. We’ll be ok.” She didn’t say yes or no, but in her eyes they both knew that after the ordeal they’d gone through in the past there was no way things were going to be the same between them. They were not going to separate.

 

They sat there like an old couple reminiscing their younger days. Sang Hee broke the mood when she saw the clock. “You should go, it’s late you have work.”

“I can cancel one schedule,” he said leaning down to kiss her hand. “It won’t matter too much to my career.”

“But still,” Sang Hee squeezed his hand back. “Your fans will be waiting for you.”

“They won’t mind.” That itself was a half truth. “You’re more important. One day they will all get married and will learn that for themselves.” This brought warmth to Sang Hee who just smiled back. Kyu Jong came closer to the bed, laying his head against her side. The lights turned off and the couple went to dream land.


~*~
 

A short chapter but the finale is coming. Hope you’ve enjoyed the journey, it was different from the things I normally write but I learned from it in ways. Thanks again