23 August 2011 - Dinner Invitation

Dear Diary [semi-hiatus]

 

23 August, 6.34pm

 

Dear Diary,

Today Soohyun will be coming over for dinner. Mum’s already preparing the food. I helped her just now, but considering the fact that I’m not good at cooking… yeah.

I don’t know if I should change my clothes or anything. I’m just wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I mean, I’m at home right? But my boyfriend is visiting… oh what the heck I’ll just see if there’s anything I can change into.

 

Love,

Me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I hid my diary in its usual spot and fumbled around in my closet. Before I could even pick out anything to wear, the doorbell downstairs rang.

I was too late. Soohyun was here.

Brushing fingers through my hair in an attempt to make it neater, I practically flew to the front door. My heart was beating at a rapid pace as I flung open the door.

Immediately, my face flushed red. Soohyun… looked more handsome suddenly. He was dressed in a simple shirt and pants with a black jacket. I just stared at him, not saying anything, lost in my own thoughts.

I didn’t realize I was doing that until Soohyun smirked at me, “Yeobo, why are you staring at me with your mouth hanging open like that?”

I closed my mouth. “Ahh… annyeong oppa! Come in~ my mum’s busy now.”

“Is that your boyfriend, dear? Tell him to sit down in the living room first and get him a drink!” my mother called from the kitchen.

“Come on oppa~” I grabbed his wrist and pulled in him into the living room, making him sit on the sofa.

“Stay here,” I told him and rushed into the kitchen to pour him a glass of fruit juice. Carrying the cup carefully, I made my way into the living room, only to find it empty.

“Soohyun oppa, where are you?” I set the cup down on the coffee table. Just then, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist, making me gasp. I turned around and smacked Soohyun lightly on the chest. “You scared me!”

He leant down and nuzzled the crook of my neck. “Mianhae~”

I untangled myself from his arms and gave him the glass of juice. “Oppa, this is for you.” I tried to smile as sweetly as I could.

“Mwo? Kamsahamnida,” He took the cup and drank everything in one gulp. How did he do that? Oh well.

Soohyun plopped himself on the sofa again. “Yeobo, come here~” He patted the space beside him. I picked up the now empty glass. “Hold on oppa, let me bring this away first.”

I rushed into the kitchen and placed the cup in the sink, rinsing it. My mum was still cooking. “Can you help me tell Soohyun that dinner will be ready in about ten minutes?” my mother asked without looking away from the food. I nodded my head, dried my hands and hurried back to the living room.

I sat down beside Soohyun and conveyed my mother’s message to him. He just grinned and said, “Then that means we have alone time until then.” He hugged me, pulling me close to him. My heart was palpitating so loudly. I wonder if he could hear it.

Soohyun buried his face in my hair. “Yeobo~ I missed you so much this whole week, you know?” His arms tightened around me. I smiled to myself. My boyfriend was so sweet. “I missed you too, oppa.”

I felt his lips press lightly onto my cheek. I could feel myself starting to blush all over again. “Yeobo, you look so cute when you blush.” I could feel him grinning as he kissed down my neck.

I shivered, memories of what happened in the lift flashing back into my mind. Then… other memories. Other memories that were more painful. Something like this had happened. Someone had touched me like this before. No. I couldn’t let it happen. Not again. No matter who it was with…

… I couldn’t let history repeat itself.

I twisted around in Soohyun’s arms, breaking his trail of kisses. He looked at me, confused. “Oppa, saranghae.” I smiled at him. He still looked confused. I leant forward and gave him a small peck on the lips. He deepened the kiss and wrapped in arms around my waist, while I held on to his shoulders.

“Dinner is ready~” My mother’s loud voice rang from the kitchen, breaking us apart. I cursed inwardly. Holding Soohyun’s hand, we walked into the dining room together, where the food was laid out and ready.

We sat down around the round table and started eating. Well, I was eating anyway, my mother was being fascinated with Soohyun and asking him a bunch of questions.

“You’re Soohyun right?”

“Yes, ma’am.” I giggled at how serious Soohyun sounded.

“Don’t call me that! You can call me umma!”

“O-ok… umma…”

“Is work busy?”

“Yes, quite. But don’t worry, I promise I’ll make time for your daughter, I’ll be the best boyfriend she’s ever had!”

I almost choked on my food. He said he would be the best boyfriend I ever had…

… but he didn’t know he would be the only boyfriend I’ll ever have.

My mother, on the other hand, was ecstatic. “Oh my, oh my! How did you pick up this wonderful man, anyway?” she asked, directing the question at me.

I looked up at her, speechless. “Umma, we met at the fanmeet I went to some time ago…”

My mother then nodded, finally starting to eat her food.

 

After dinner, my mother had told me to bring Soohyun to my room so we could be alone. “I know you want to be alone with him, Just don’t do anything wrong,” She winked.

So that’s what I did. We were lying side by side on my bed, propped up by the pillows behind us. Soohyun was looking around my room. “This is what a girl’s room looks like, huh…”

I smirked. “Well, it’s not the perfect room, but… yeah I guess? Haven’t you been a girl’s room before?”

“Only my sisters’.”

“Oh. You should bring me over to your house one day,” I said cheekily.

Without replying me, Soohyun got up and walked over to my table. “Is this…”

He had found my collection of U-Kiss CDs and posters.

I pulled him back to the bed, whining, “Oppa, stop looking at that when you see those six other guys almost everyday~”

He laughed and hugged me close to him. I buried my face in the crook of his neck while he played with my hair. We stayed in that position for awhile, both of us being comfortable with the silence. My heart pounded in my chest. Was is echoing around the room? I hope it wasn’t, it would be quite embarrassing if it was.

Suddenly, the itching feeling in my throat was returning. Ignore it, ignore it. Don’t let it spoil your moment with Soohyun, I told myself. I swallowed and cleared my throat, hoping it would go away.

“What’s wrong?” Soohyun asked.

I couldn’t take it anymore. “Hold on oppa, I need the toilet.” I ran out of the room and into the washroom.

Using my shirt, I muffled the coughs that were rising up from my throat. I gripped the counter tightly, so tightly that my knuckles went white. The cloth soon became wet with saliva and… blood.

Why was I still coughing up blood? I had already gone for my chemotherapy session today! Was this going to continue further?

About my bout of coughing and hacking, I rinsed my mouth and went back to my room. Soohyun was adjusting his jacket. When I walked in, he turned to me and said, “Yeobo, mianhae, but I have to go now. Rehearsals.” I hugged him. “It’s okay oppa, I understand.”

We walked to the front door hand in hand. “Umma, I’ll be taking my leave now! Thank you for the dinner, and it was really nice to talk to you!” Soohyun called into the house.

My mother popped out of nowhere. “So soon? Must be your schedule… nevermind! Visit again ne? Just drop by anytime!” She hugged Soohyun, who hugged back. He was smiling sheepishly.

My mother let go of Soohyun and brushed his jacket. “Well then, off on your way! Come back soon and visit umma~”

Soohyun nodded at my umma. Then, he leant forward and kissed me on the forehead. “Thank you for having me over today.”

With that, we watched as he walked to his car and drove away, headlights disappearing in the distance. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Longer update this time ! ^-^ 

No cliffhangers this time, though i really love writing cliffhangers... hehe :>