7 August 2011 - I'm Sorry

Dear Diary [semi-hiatus]

 

7 August, 3.39pm

 

Dear Diary,

it’s been two days since Soohyun oppa confessed to me. I’ve made up my mind.

I’m going to call him now. I’ll meet him face to face and let him know my true feelings. Please wish me luck.

 

Love,

Me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oppa? Are you free today?” I said into the phone while pacing around in the room.

“I’m rehearsing now, but I can spare 5 minutes or so. Why?”

I gulped. “Oppa, I’ll head over to find you. 5 minutes is enough. Where is U-Kiss now?”

He gave me directions to the practice room, and I headed out soon after.

 

I stopped in front of the tall building. 18th floor… wow. I went towards the lift. Soon, the lift arrived on the 1st floor and I stepped in.

Suddenly, the lift jerked violently to a stop. The lights in the lift started flickering and went out one by one, leaving only one lighted up. What was happening? I looked at the screen with the floor number. I was stuck at the 10th floor.

I rammed the alarm button repeatedly, hearing the sound of the alarm echo and disappear outside the lift. The single light flickered. I banged on the lift doors, shouting for help.

Panic. I could feel panic rising in me. So claustrophobic. I huddled in a corner of the lift and buried my head between my knees. Please, someone, anyone, help me! Please!

The lights went out totally, leaving me in the dark. So scary. So horrible. I could feel my cheeks getting wet. Was I crying? Hurriedly, I wiped my tears away and went back to burying my head between my knees.

My phone slipped out of my pocket and landed on the ground beside me, the screen lighting up. My shaky fingers fumbled with it, looking for Soohyun’s number. I clicked on the call button.

No signal.

My breath started getting quicker. Was this part of terminal cancer, or was I panicking too much? I laid on the floor of the lift, not caring if it was dirty or not. My breaths were shallow and quick. The lift was stuffy, so stuffy.

Soohyun oppa, where are you?

 

I don’t know how much time passed, but suddenly, the lift started up. It crept up, up, up at the slowest pace ever, but finally it stopped at the 18th floor. The doors opened and stopped halfway, leaving only a tiny gap. I didn’t care. I needed to escape from this dark, cramped lift. I squeezed through the doors , into Soohyun’s arms.

“Gwenchana? What happened? I didn’t think you’d be in the lift…” Soohyun was holding me, checking if I was injured.

I just stood there trembling and watched as some workers checked the lift, not answering Soohyun. My mind was floating in my subconsciousness, uncaring to my surroundings.

I felt myself being led somewhere cool. I sat down and realized it was the U-Kiss dance practice room. I looked around. Only Soohyun was there.

“The other members left a while ago because practice today ended earlier than expected.” Soohyun walked towards me and handed me a bottle of water.

I gulped down the water and sighed. My throat was so dry.

“Are you okay? You look… shaken,” Soohyun held me against his chest and rubbed my back. I relaxed a bit. “Yeah…”

“Totally fine?”

“Yeah, I was stuck in a lift, I’m totally whole and hearty.” I said sarcastically.

He laughed. “Seems like you’re okay already.”

“But oppa! It was so scary…” I mumbled into his chest, clutching his T-shirt. It was soaked in sweat, but I didn’t care. I just wanted someone, something to hold onto.

“So why did you come here?” Soohyun was still rubbing my back.

I froze. I had completely forgotten the reason I was here. I gulped and pulled away from Soohyun.

“I’m here today to… answer to your confession.”

“Oh…”

I looked at the ground. “Oppa… I’m sorry.”