14 (3)

Only A Number

Sorry. I've been gone too long. You could say school has taken me in custody lol.

I would have updated earlier but I had writers block (blame school e.e')

I hope you guys had a great time on Christmas and are having a great start of the year~ <3
 
- - - - - - - - -  - - -
 
"What is it?" Himchan quietly muttered, placing a warm comforting hand upon mine. I gulped down my hesistations and watched as a drip of sweat slid off the tip of my nose. It was now or never.
 
I gripped onto the end of the couch, taking in deep breaths I looked deep into his eyes. "Himchan, how long have we known each other?"
 
Himchan's breath hitched as his eyes wandered. "Hmm, about...11 years? Why?" He asked, his brows scrunched as a sign of confusion.
 
"What do you think of me?"
 
"Daehyun what are yo-"
 
"Answer me."
 
He flinched at the sudden change of voice, but sighed anyway and nodded his head in understanding. I weakly pulled the corner of my lips into a smile to reassure I wasn't mad and tightened my grip on the couch just in case I were to collapse of sudden depression.
 
"You're a great friend I wouldn't want to lose. How about that?" He cheekily smiled, running his free hand through my hair. "Satisfied?"
 
"Then why'd you leave me back there?" 
 
My voice was low, but was loud enough for even him to hear. His smile vanished and was replaced by a small frown. He shifted his eyes to the crystal clear floor and shrugged, quietly picking on the cookie crumbs. "I was just mad. I couldn't believe you, out of all people, took a charge in my personal love life. Thanks to you Yongguk avoided me since then but..." He looked back up at me, his eyes disappearing as a wide smile replaced the frown. "What can I say? You were only trying to help.....You realized something I failed to do so. You really know me the best, Daehyun. That's what I like about you."
 
A small blush crept to my cheeks, my heart softening by the minute but also slowly breaking into little pieces by the second. This was both heartwarming and heartbreaking all at once.
 
I couldn't do it. I couldn't confess after all.
 
"Himchan, happy birthday."
 
"Hehe~ You remembered!" 
 
I rolled my eyes, half-heartedly punching him on the shoulder. "I'm your wife, stupid. Of course I remembered."
 
He chuckled. "True."
 
"So....Jongup....How are you guys?"
 
His face lit up, his smile warmer than before. "Great.....I guess you can say...I love him?"
 
Youngjae was right after all. I'm too late. I smiled. "Good."
 
-
 
"So, you still like him?" Youngjae sat beside the door, bobbing his head along to the song.
 
Daehyun sheepishly nodded as he took a seat beside the bobble-head and handed the strawberry cheesecake to his fellow friend. "Here." .
 
"Thanks." He slid the headphones off and took the plate, stabbing the poor defenseless cheese cake with the fork and took a big ol' bite. "Why? He broke off your friendship over something so stupid."
 
Daehyun sighed as he leaned against the door frame and stared at the blinders before them. "It wasn't stupid. He had the right to leave me." He muttered as he snatched the fork from the boy's hand and took a bite of the cake himself. "Oh my god this is so good...."
 
Youngjae smiled and handed the plate to Daehyun, who gladly accepted the offer. "Just tell him how you feel already."
 
Daehyun paused, shaking his head at the unbelievable suggestion. "It will ruin our friendship." He bit on the tip of the fork, full of insecurities as the thoughts flew through his mind. Tears began to form in his eyes as he looked up at Youngjae. "But it's already ruined...isn't it? I haven't confessed -- yet I.."
 
"Daehyun, if you don't confess now you might as well shut your trap because it'll be too late by then. You had your chance. You've been together for 11 years now for crying out loud."
 
Daehyun said nothing. He simply just bawled as he leaned into his friend's comfort. "You could be so mean sometimes...What kind of friend says that? You're suppose to comfort me, not break me."
 
"I'm only telling the truth. I can't let you live in false hope forever, you know."
 
-
 
"Guess it really is too late for me...Stupid Daehyun...living in false hopes."
 
Himchan raised an eyebrow, slightly tilting his head to the right. "What? Did you say something?"
 
"Nope. Just hungry. Get me some food, hubby~"
 
"Tch it's my birthday you go do it yourself." Himchan pouted as he dramatically wiped away the fake tears.
 
I laughed.
 
Well, being a friend is better than nothing...I guess.
 
"Hey, I think Jongup is going overboard with my birthday."
 
"How do you know?"
 
"Daehyun...who sends out the birthday boy on an errand...really. He must be planning something."
 
"He probably needed some syrup in his system."
 
"I guess. Anyway...uh...I need your help." 
 
"With what?" I asked, totally dumbfounded by the whole situation.
 
"He's going to order a whole bunch of food...and...I don't think we'll be able to eat it all by ourselves and...."
 
"Kim.Him.Chan. Are you trying to ask me out?"
 
Himchan slapped my thigh playfully with a mesmerizing  smile. "Shut up! Are you coming or not?"
 
"Of course I am. It's food we're talking about here."
 
"Rude, You love food more than your own best friend."
 
"Could you blame me? I can't eat my best friend. Or could I?" I smirked, caressing his face lightly. "I wonder if you taste like cheesecake~"
 
"Try to bite me if you don't mind losing all your teeth."
 
"Rawr~ I'm up for the challenge. I like my food spicy."
 
"Freak."
 
 I shrugged, pulling out my phone. "Want me to invite Youngjae?"
 
"Sure...I guess. I haven't seen that idiot in ages. How is he?"
 
"He's fine...He's been making some new friends and all."
 
"Nice life he has there."
 
I giggled as I dialed the number. "We make it seem as if we haven't seen each other in years."
 
- - - - - - - - -  - - -
Next chapter will be longer~ Prepare yourselves for the next chapter tho.

I had some trouble writing ths chapter because I had so many ideas for it T ^ T  Bleh so sorry that it turn out bad. i wanted him to confess so bad you dont even know