Let's Go to School!

Stuck with U

The sun that peaked through the glass window woke you up. You scratched your eyes.

What time is it?

You looked at your cellphone.

6:03 AM?! I need to get ready and wake up Baekhyun!

You quickly got up, took your toothbrush, facewash, and clothes to the bathroom. Okay. I guess I look fine. You fixed your hair in front of the mirror, then you glanced at your phone to look at the time. Holy! It's 6:21 AM already! I need to hurry up!

You ran in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room. You were about to knock at the door, until you froze and thought about something.

What if he doesn't wake up? Should I just go inside and yell at him?... Ahh, no. I don't want to be a rude person.

You finally knocked at the door twice, but there was no answer. You knocked again twice, but there was still no answer. You sighed. Is he really not going to open the door? If he doesn't open it, I'll-

Baekhyun suddenly opened the door, only wearing his boxers. Your eyes widened. He was still half asleep. His hair was all messy, as if he was beaten up by a gang. You blushed and turned away.

"Y-yah! You better put on some clothes now!" You said, facing the opposite way. "I need to go to school!"

"Mhhmm... yeah." Baekhyun muttered and banged the door.

You rolled your eyes. Is he not embarrassed to show himself, half , in front a girl?!

 

After a few minutes, he finally came out of his room, wearing a hood, mask, and sunglasses.

"Let's go!" You said, quickly grabbing your bag.

"Wait, what about breakfast?" He tilted his head.

"We don't have time!"

"Uggh, fine."

________________________________________________

You and Baekhyun finally arrived at Seoul National University. The both of you walked for about ten minutes from the dorm, and all he did was complain about not having breakfast.

"I'm hungry." He pouted. "Can we eat breakfast?"

You rolled your eyes. "How many times do I have to explain it to you? We can get breakfast after my class is finished. It's only an hour long. Bear with it."

 

You saw a bunch of people entering your classroom. You were glad that you weren't late. You were about to go inside the classroom, until Baekhyun stopped you.

"What if they notice that I'm not a student here? Am I gonna get in trouble?" He whispered under his mask.

"Don't worry about it. Students here come and go, so nobody's gonna notice." Then, you looked at him from head to toe. "But you should probably take off your sunglasses for now."

"Are you kidding me? What if they recognize me? We'll be in the news again!"

"Look," you sighed. "If you don't take it off, people would notice you more, because you're the only person I know who would actually wear sunglasses in class. If you take it off, they won't look at you at all."

"I don't believe you."

You clenched your fist. You tried to control your anger. You wanted to hit him with your bag, but it wasn't the time to be immature. "Just do what I say, okay? We're already here. We can't do anything about it. If you want, we'll sit at the very back."

Baekhyun thought for a second. "Fine. I'll take it off. BUT we have to sit at the back."

He took his sunglasses off, and you finally walked inside the classroom together and found seats in the back. He looked around the huge classroom, amazed. You looked at him as he looked around. I totally forgot to tell him about the mask, but he needs it to cover his face. Oh well. If anyone asks why he's wearing it, I'll just say he has some kind of disease... a nagging disease. You laughed quietly, but Baekhyun noticed you.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you weirdly. "Why are you laughing?"

You looked away. "N-nothing. I just thought of something funny."

He rolled his eyes. "Crazy weirdo."

"Stupid jerk." You muttered.

_______________________________________________

When your class was finally over, you brought Baekhyun to a cafe located inside the campus. Baekhyun insisted to buy you coffee and pastries, but you hesitated. Does he think it's a date or something? You thought.

"I'll pay for my own food." You said sternly.

Baekhyun slowly took out his wallet from his pocket. "Oh, come on. Don't be shy."

Why is he being nice all of a sudden?  You looked at him, confused about his actions.

"Here," he handed you some money. "Go buy me some banana bread and coffee. Buy yourself something too."

"Ehh?" You said, curiously. "Why are you giving me money?"

"Because the cashier might recognize me. It's dangerous." He sighed. "So you better hurry up and buy me some food. I'll be sitting over there in the corner, where they can barely see us, okay?" He smiled and winked. Then he left and went to the table in the corner.

"Aishh..." You muttered to yourself. "If I wasn't a kind person and if I didn't have patience, he'd probably have a black eye by now." You went on your way to the cashier and ordered some coffee and banana bread for the both of you. You walked to where Baekhyun was sitting and set the food and coffee down on the table.

"Ah! Finally! Breakfast! At-" Baekhyun quickly looked at his watch. "8:13 AM!"

 

After the both of you finished your coffee and banana bread, Baekhyun started playing around with his phone, and you stared at the table, thinking of what you should do for the day. Then, you suddenly looked at Baekhyun's chest. You noticed that he was wearing the tree pendant.

"Hey, why are you still wearing the pendant?" You asked.

"Huh? The pendant?" He looked at his chest. "Ohhh. I don't know. I feel like something bad is going to happen if I don't wear it. And you, how come you're not wearing yours?"

"Mine? It's unecessary. It just gives me the creeps."

"You better start wearing it. Something bad might happen to us again."

"Guess what? The worst thing that could possibly happen already happened." You sighed.

"Well, something weird might happen to us, other than switching souls. Just like in those movies. I watched this movie called-"

He started talking about a movie that he saw, but you absolutely didn't care and weren't listening to him. Instead, you stared at the tree pendant, and you thought of an idea. That's it. I should go to the library and do some research on it.

"-the girl didn't listen to the guy, so that's what happened to them." His summary of the movie that he watched was finally over. He noticed that you weren't listening, so he waved his hand in front of your face.

"Yah! Were you even listening to me? Why are you staring at my pendant?"

"Baekhyun, we have to go to the library. We're gonna do some research!"

"Research? But we have to get home before noon! I have a schedule!"

"Relax. It's only 8:30 AM. And the library is just around the corner."

________________________________________________

You arrived at the library, and went on a computer. You searched up 'tree pendant for health', but you didn't find the one that you were looking for in the results. Baekhyun, who was sitting next to you suggested that you should look up 'tree pendant switching souls', but the results that came up weren't the ones that you were looking for.

"Maybe they have it in the books." You said, pointing at the bookshelves.

"There's A LOT of books. There's no way we'll find it." Baekhyun doubted.

You ignored him and searched for books related to soul switching, pendants, and necklaces. Baekhyun followed you as you moved to different aisles.

"Just give up, _____." He said, leaning on a bookshelf with his arms crossed. "You won't find anything. Let's just wait for my manager to call. I told him to call that management who owned that place where the shop used to be."

Unfortunately, you didn't find anything, so you listened to Baekhyun and gave up. "But when is that manager of yours going to call you?"

"Well, he said he's going to call the management first thing in the morning, so he's probably going to call me soon and tell me all the details."

"It's already 9:30 AM. You think he called them already?"

"I have no idea." He shrugged. "Can we just go home now?"

You finally snapped. You took his hand and dragged him outside the library. Why is he so careless?! It's like he doesn't even care that we're in a situation like this!

"What is wrong with you?!" You yelled at him. "It's like you don't care about-"

He cut you off. "About what?"

"About anything in particular!" You screamed.

A few people around the place looked at the both of you. Baekhyun looked at them and they quickly looked away.

"Yah, don't scream. People are looking at us."

"You know what? I'm done talking to you. I'm going home."

You walked away from him, forgetting the fact that you can't be far away from him or your souls would switch, but it was a good thing he followed you.

"Yah! Where are you going? Which home are you talking about? My dorm or yours?" He said, catching up to you. "Don't get mad! Come on, talk to me!"

_______________________________________________

You didn't talk to Baekhyun on the way to the dorm building. Fortunately, there weren't any fangirls at that time and the nice security guard recognized you as 'Baekhyun's sister'. You opened the front door of EXO-K's dorm and everyone was awake, eating breakfast.

"Oh, good morning, Choi _____!" The EXO-K members said in unison.

You smiled at them, trying to hide your anger. "Oh, hello everyone. Good morning." You bowed.

Baekhyun then appeared behind you and everyone stared at him quietly, while you sat down on the sofa. Chanyeol sat next to you, since he was done eating his breakfast.

"How was school?" He grinned.

"It was okay, but..."

"But what?"

But Baekhyun was acting like a jerk and he ruined my morning.

"N-nothing."

He looked into your eyes, trying to look for an answer. He knew there was something wrong.

"Is it Baekhyun?" He asked. "Yah, Baekhyun! What did you do to her?!"

"Me? I didn't do anything!" He shook his head. "She suddenly got mad at me for no reason!"

Suddenly, a man came inside the dorm. It was their manager.

"Hyung, aren't you you a little early? I thought you were gonna come at noon?" Suho asked.

"I'm here to talk about Baekhyun's problem." The manager stated. "I called the leasing office. They said we can meet up tomorrow in the afternoon, but we have two shows to go to tomorrow, starting in the morning until night, so we can't go. But I scheduled an appointment with them the day after tomorrow."

You looked down gloomily as the manager spoke. You felt completely sad. You wanted to go to the leasing office already. You wanted to unsolve the mystery as soon as possible.

"It's okay, _____," Chanyeol patted your back.

_______________________________________________

A few hours passed and it was finally noon. The boys were all dressed up and ready to go. They crowded the living room, waiting for their manager's instructions.

"Let's go boys. Hurry up." The manager opened the front door.

Did he forget about me? I'm not a boy!

 

You stood outside the van, deciding where to sit.

"Choi ____, sit next to Baekhyun so there won't be any troubles relating to switching souls." The manager commanded. He seemed strict and you were a bit scared of him, so you just followed what he said.

Everyone went inside the van and the manager started driving. You felt uneasy. You didn't even know where you were going. You only knew that EXO-K had a "schedule", but you didn't know where it was.

"Where are we going?" You asked, waiting for someone to respond.

"We're going to an interview." Baekhyun answered. Then, he noticed your tree pendant. You wore it because you got a little scared of what Baekhyun said. Not the movie that he was blabbing about, but what he said about something weird might happen again.

"Hey, you finally listened to me." He pointed at the tree pendant.

You ignored him and stayed quiet for the whole time.

______________________________________________________________

Sorry guys if you think this chapter was a little irrelevant. Tried my best, but I hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter will definitely be better, I promise! Thanks to all the subscribers~