Who's Choi Jin Hee?

Stuck with U

"How long am I supposed to wait for your answer, Jin Hee?" Baekhyun asked desperately.

"Honestly, I don't think this is going to work out." The girl on the phone sighed.

"Where are you right now?"

"I flew to Australia yesterday for the figure skating championships. I'm going back to Seoul in two days."

"I'm willing to wait for your answer. I don't care if I have to wait forever."

"Baekhyun... I-I don't want to get hurt. Everything is different now."

Baekhyun sighed loudly. Loud enough to get your attention. You looked behind you and saw Baekhyun talking to someone on the phone. He looked totally depressed. You wondered what was wrong with him. Did something bad happen?

"I'll talk to you when I get back from Australia." The girl hung up on Baekhyun.

He groaned loudly and walked next to Chanyeol, who was pushing the cart.

"Let me guess... That was... Choi Jin Hee." Chanyeol said.

"Yeah..." Baekhyun looked down sadly.

You happen to walk next to Chanyeol too, so you heard what they were talking about.

Who's Choi Jin Hee?  You wanted to ask, but it was probably not the right time to be nosy.

_______________________________________________

You finally arrived at EXO-K's dorm after a long day and had dinner with everyone. After dinner, the boys played their usual game, and Chanyeol lost again, which means that he had to wash the dishes. Everyone else went to their bedrooms, and you tried to sleep early on the sofa. Unfortunately, you couldn't sleep because curiosity kept you awake.

I wonder who Choi Jin Hee is... You thought as you heard the sound of the dishes that Chanyeol was washing. Maybe I should ask Chanyeol.

You stood up and headed into the kitchen. You tapped Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Oh! You startled me!" He almost jumped.

"I have something to ask you." You said.

"Sure, what is it?" He said, wiping his hands with a towel. He was finally done washing the dishes.

"Who is Choi Jin Hee?" You tilted your head.

"Ahh, her... You must've heard me earlier. Come with me to the balcony. I'll tell you all about her."

_________________________________________________

You stood outside the balcony with Chanyeol. The sky was dark, but the city lights surrounded you. You leaned over the railing to look at the cars.

"Be careful," Chanyeol said jokingly, "you might fall."

"So who's Choi Jin Hee? Sorry if I'm being nosy... I'm just curious."

"Well," Chanyeol took a deep breath. "Choi Jin Hee... is a very special person to Baekhyun."

You nodded to show that you were listening.

"Baekhyun is a really close friend of mine," he continued. "Almost like a brother, so I know a lot of things about him and the people associated with him."

He took a deep breath once again and looked far ahead.

"Choi Jin Hee and Baekhyun went to the same high school. They were best friends, but there was something interesting about their friendship... they liked each other. During senior year, Baekhyun found out that Jin Hee felt the same way, so he asked her out. Even though Jin Hee liked him more than just a friend, she turned him down, but Baekhyun never stopped waiting for her, even after graduation. After our debut, Jin Hee contacted all the EXO-K members, except for Baekhyun, to confess all her feelings and thoughts. She loves Baekhyun, but she's scared to be involved in controversies. She also wants to pursue her dream of being a professional figure skater."

The story broke your heart. You looked at the stars shining brightly in the dark sky. I wonder how Baekhyun feels... He must be hurt.

"So sometimes, when Baekhyun is acting like a jerk, we just let it pass because we know what he's going through."

"I-I had no idea..." You said, sadly.

You looked up at the stars again. I wonder what kind of person Baekhyun really is. Sometimes he's mean and cranky. Sometimes he's funny and nice. I don't know what to think of him anymore.

"Well, it's getting windy out here. We better get in." Chanyeol patted your back. "Hopefully Baekhyun didn't turn on the heater again, or I'd have to sleep in the living room again."

You both laughed. "Yeah, it's getting late. I have a class tomorrow. Baekhyun and I have to wake up early." You said, opening the sliding door.

"Oh, by the way," Chaneyeol added. "Don't tell Baekhyun I told you this. It's kind of a sensitive topic."

"Okay, I won't."