The Hospital

Stuck with U

Your eyes opened slowly. You blinked a few times and saw a doctor. You looked around and realized that you were in a hospital bed, but you weren't wearing a hospital gown or whatsoever. You struggled to sit up.

"Oh, good, you're awake." The doctor smiled at you. She touched your forehead with the back of her hand. "You're all fine now. Just be sure to eat at the proper time and drink lots of water." She walked next to the door. "Oh, and don't starve yourself, okay, miss?" She smiled once again. You were confused, but you nodded anyway.

Why am I at the hospital? How did I end up here?! The only thing I remember is that I saw that Baekhyun guy in my body and then I fainted, and... You lifted up your hands and examined them. Next, you touched your hair to see if they were long. Then, you slapped your cheeks to see if you were dreaming. Wait a second... I'm back in my own body!

______________________________________________

Baekhyun and Chanyeol waited outside your hospital room. The doctor came out of your room, and they stood up from their seats and greeted the doctor.

"She's fine. She didn't eat breakfast, perhaps. She was also dehydrated and very tired. But you can take her home now, just make sure she drinks a lot of water and don't let her pass any meals." The doctor smiled and left.

They thanked her. Baekhyun sighed in relief. "It's good that nothing bad happened to her."

"Yeah, and I think she fainted because of you." Chanyeol blamed Baekhyun.

"Wh-what?! Me?!" Baekhyun pointed at himself.

Chanyeol nodded. "Yeah, you."

"Why me?! I was a victim too!"

"Hhhmmm," Chanyeol thought for a second. "I'm guessing you made her body tired from all the walking you did when you were still in her body. You didn't even drink anything."

"It's not my fault she's weak."

"Ahh, seriously," Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun. "You're really mean." Then, he went inside your hospital room, followed by Baekhyun.

"Oh, Chanyeol!" You smiled at him. "I'm back in my own body!"

Chanyeol smiled back. "So this is what you look like, Choi _____." He laughed. "Oh yeah, you haven't really met Baekhyun, but here he is."

Baekhyun nodded and waved at you, but he didn't smile. Ahh, what a snobbish guy. Totally different from Chanyeol, who smiles all the time. You thought.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Choi _____." You introduced yourself.

"Name's Baekhyun."

You nodded and everyone was quiet, which made everything awkward.

"So..." Baekhyun started talking. "I guess Chanyeol and I will go on our way now. Don't worry. We'll pay for the hospital expenses." He tucked his hands in his jeans' pockets. He walked close to the door. "Do what the doctor told you to do. It's not any of our business anymore. Let's pretend that this never happened, okay?" He beamed at you. "Chanyeol, let's go."

"B-but Baekhyun," Chanyeol said, hesitating to leave.

Baekhyun tilted his head. "COME ON, CHANYEOL. LET'S GO. We have to be home before everyone gets back." Then he left the room and waited for Chanyeol outside.

Chanyeol followed him to the door. He looked back at you sympathetically, and then closed the door.

You sighed. "I guess I have to go back to my dorm soon, too." But you wanted to rest in the bed for a few more minutes before heading back home.

_________________________________________________

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stood outside your room.

"Yah, why are you such a jerk?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

"Me? Jerk? I'm just trying to get us out of trouble."

"Aish, whatever," Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Poor girl. Looks like she needed some assistance."

"Let's just go home, Chanyeol. I'm tired. This was such a crazy day and nobody needs to know what happened."

The two of them started walking in the hospital hallway, until Baekhyun suddenly stopped, not too far away from your room. He touched his chest and breathed hard for some air.

"Baekhyun? What's wrong?" Chanyeol said, worried.

Baekhyun stared at the ground for a few seconds. "N-nothing. Let's go." He took one step, and suddenly fainted.

Chanyeol bent down and tapped Baekhyun's cheeks. "Yah! Wake up!" He scratched his head. "Oh no. Not again."

________________________________________________________________

Your eyes opened, followed by a cough. "Ch-chanyeol?" You said. "Why am I on the floor?" You touched your head and realized that your long, silky, black hair was gone. Instead, it was short. Oh no... You stood up from the floor, with Chanyeol's help.

You slowly walked to a nearby bench in the hospital hallway and sat there. "I don't understand why this is happening to me." You said, sadly. You were in Baekhyun's body again.

"Well, we don't know what's happening for sure." Chanyeol sat next to you, feeling sorry.

Suddenly, a loud scream came from a room.

Chanyeol sighed. "That must be Baekhyun. He's probably freaking out." He ran into the room, but you still sat on the bench, thinking how frustrating everything is.

__________________________________________________

"Chanyeol! Why am I back in this body?!" Baekhyun freaked out, sitting down on the hospital bed.

"Psshhh, how should I know?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"Why you little-" Baekhyun threw a pillow at Chanyeol, but it missed him. "I'm serious! We'll get in serious trouble if I go back to the dorm looking like this."

"Well, there must be a way to explain this."

"Oh, I just remembered! That... that pendant from the store! That stupid tree pendant!"

"The one that looks like the tree of life from our Mama MV?"

Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah! This!" He took the pendant from his chest and showed it to Chanyeol. "The other day, we actually passed by that Choi _____ girl and I bumped into her. We accidentally switched our pendants, causing us to switch souls! I think that explains everything that's happening to me right now."

"So you're blaming a stupid pendant?"

"I don't know. It's weird. That old lady probably got something to do with all of this, too."

"Okay, wait a second. I'll call Choi _____. Explain to her your theory."

________________________________________________

"Choi _____!" Chanyeol called you from the door. "I think Baekhyun figured out what's happening to the both of you. Come inside."

You stood up and walked to the door slowly. This is so weird. I can't take this anymore. I can't live like this.

You opened the door, and there was Baekhyun in your body, sitting on the bed. Then, you suddenly felt stiff. Your heart was beating faster and faster, and it felt like the room was spinning. You held onto the wall so you wouldn't fall. You closed your eyes, and for a second you were back in your own body. You were now the one who was sitting down on the bed.

"Whoa," Chanyeol's eyes widened. "What just happened? It's like you two were going to faint again."

"Actually," Baekhyun said, who was now standing by the door, "we're back in our own bodies again, as weird as it may sound. I felt dizzy for second."

"This is getting way too weird and silly. We have to get out of this mess soon." You said.

"Yes, this is getting way too weird and silly." Baekhyun agreed with you. "We have to go back to that store. Choi ______, I'll explain everything to you on our way there."

"Wait a second," Chanyeol stared into space and thought deeply. "I'm guessing that you guys can't stay away from each other, or else, your souls will switch again."

"Well, that actually makes sense." You joined the serious conversation. "The two of us can only be a few feet away from each other. If not, we'll switch souls again. That's what I noticed at the park and here at the hospital."

"Whatever it is, we have to go to that seashell store immediately!" Baekhyun opened the door. "Let's go! We can't waste time!"

_______________________________________________

Hope you guys like this chapter. ^^ It might be confusing, but I sure do hope it's not. Haha. I tried to explain everything as clearly and as simple as I can. Thanks to all my readers and thanks for the comments. =) I appreciate it. ^^ Oh, and the image above is actually the Seoul National University Hospital... just in case you were wondering. =D