9

Inseparable

I stood there frozen, not thinking what I should do or say. Even though I partially expected this, im still in a moment of shock.

Luhan wrapped his arm around him and whispered into his ear, "Dinner's ready."

Suho giggled and smiled sheepishly.

"Hi, Luhan!" I broke off their mini flirtatious session.

He averted his attention to me. "Hey, Kyungsoo! Why are you here?"

"Because I live across the hall?"

"You guys know each other?" Suho asked, confused.

"Yeah. We met at the library earlier." Luhan answered.

I just nodded.

"We better eat, Suho." Luhan breaks the awkward silence. "The food's getting cold."

"Uh. Kyungsoo-ah, you wanna eat with us?" Suho asked.

"No thank you. We have food inside."

"Come on, Suho!" Luhan was tugging him to get inside.

"Okay! Stop tugging! It hurts!" Suho said then he went inside.

Before Luhan went in, he faced me and whispered "I will definitely have an adventure here. My roommie's a catch!" then he winked goodbye."

I sighed and went back to my unit.

 

Days went by and I haven't spend time with him that much since that night. Everywhere Suho goes, Luhan would -in and be a so clingy. Im trying to reconnect with my old friend and there would he be crawling all over the place.

When we are going to walk together, Luhan would be there.

When I wanna meet with him for lunch, Luhan would be there.

When I want to study with him at the library, Luhan would be there and the list goes on.

Baekhyun and Chayeol met him and they think he's cool.

Then there's another factor why I can't spend time with him, Suho diverts his attention to Luhan only. It's as if I'm not with them.

Then I felt it's happening again, me being rejected. I shrugged that idea off and just be silent.

Suho is now my friend and so is Luhan. Though i still can't help but feel alone sometimes.

So I distanced myself from them.

 

-----

 

It was Saturday and it was workday. This might be the only day we can spend together. We might be busy today but just seeing him alone with no one clingy on his side is good enough for me.

When I was about to go to work, i heard a knock on the door. I opened it and Suho stood there.

"Hey, good morning!" I greeted him.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo-ah!" He smiled that glorious smile of his. "Let's go to the cafe together."

"Sure." Then we went our way.

While walking, he was silent but he was smiling. I can see his grin from ear to ear.

"You seem happy." I said.

"Oh. It's nothing." He shook his head.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow. "C'mon! Tell me! What is it?" More likely 'who' is it. I thought.

"It's a who, not what." he said still smiling. I was right. 

"Then who is it?" Im still persistent.

He chuckled softly. "It's my new roommate, Luhan."

I was right, again.

I let out a small 'oh' then continued to walk. I dont want to ask further.

"He's just so friendly and nice. im glad I made a new friend."

And soon to be boyfriend. So less time with your 'best friend'. I thought.

"He's friendly. I know his nice." I said.

"Yeah." 

I thought it was the end of our conversation but he started another one.

"And hey, you're pretty distant from the past few days. Is there something wrong?" 

Yeah. "No. Nothing's wrong." i lied. "Im just really busy."

"I know something's not right." His eyes narrowed. "I just know it."

It's you dammit. You're putty in Luhan's hands. "It's nothing really." I smiled.

"If you say so."

 

We reached the cafe and opened it. Then Kris and the others arrived and he was glad that we were the ones who opened the cafe. He's proud that we are doing well.

We started to work and we were busy. I worked on the cash register, served pastries and cakes, and make the beverages. Suho also did some of it and he waited tables. Everything was going well, we were having fun working with each other. 

Then, Luhan entered the cafe. Just when I was having fun with Suho, he had to be there again. 

"Hey, Luhan!" I greeted him with a forced smile.

"Hey, Kyungsoo!" He directly went to the counter. "Suho said that you also work here."

"Yeah. So what can I get you?" 

"My yummy dormmate." He teasingly bit his lower lip and made a cute face.

Really? He's going to do this here?

"Im sorry but he's not available right now. He's in the kitchen." I played along.

"I was also thinking of working here."

"Im sorry to tell you but there wont be available slots for ne employees." I said rather harshly.

"Easy, Kyungsoo." He lightly punched my arm. "I was just kidding. i dont like work." He laughed.

Then I laughed, slightly embarassed from my fit. "So what can i get you?"

"I'll have the Cinnamon Dolce Creme Frappuccino." He paid and i gave him his change.

"Cinnamon Dolce Creme Frappuccino, coming right up! Anything else?"

"i want Suho to serve the drink." He winked and went to his table.

I sighed and made his drink. What if I put some poison? Oh god no. Why did I even think of that.

His drink is finished and I called Suho. "Suho, serve this on table 6!"

He came out of the kitchen and grabbed the drink. "Sure thing, Kyungsoo-ah."

"Luhan's there. He ordered that drink."

"Really?" He smiled and went to Luhan's table.

I watched him as he serves the drink and talk to Luhan. Again, he forgot im here and busy at work.

 

 

Weeks went sweeping by like that. We talk but he's always occupied with Luhan. School days and work days were the same. I feel alone even when Im with them.

I can't gain the balls to ask him if they are together. I feel like my heart would be crushed and be blown away by the wind. The confirmation will just make me break.

I admit I am jealous. It took me long to realize that. I am jealous and I feel like I have no right to. We are not together, im just his bestfriend.

Im just his bestfriend. I keep on reminding myself

I miss him. I miss how we spent time together like we used to.

I know a made a lot of drama with all the hating and loathing and all but I completely threw those away and forget the past.

He means to me a lot more now and I really miss him.

 

-----

 

It's Friday.

My friends wanted to go noraebang with Suho and Luhan after class. Baekhyun suggested we should meet at the karaoke place at 6 pm. They were all eager to go and I wasn't but I didn't let it show.

I didn't go to the place. I wanted some time alone. I know I felt alone but I just want it to be me, all by myself.

I went to the park where Suho and i talked. I stayed there for hours but I didn't mind the time.

I remembered everything that happened here. The way he talked, apologized and plead for forgiveness. I remembered our hug. It was comforting like I felt safe and vulnerable at the same time. He's only one who can do that.

My phone was going off wildly all this time. I got texts from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Just the common things you text to a person when he/she doesn't show up in a meeting. I turned it off and looked into the dark sky.

I was thinking, maybe my love for him didn't go away. Maybe I just kept on lying to myself that I hate him. Why would I be broken if I didn't love him.

So what's fascinating about Joonmyeon by the way? Why did I fall for him in the first place? 

I love it when he smiles. I love it when he greets me good morning. I love it when he makes me feel protected and safe. I love the fact that he treasures his friends. I love knowing that fact that he thought about me when he was away. I love the way he talks, the way he moves, and the way he takes care of everything. I love everything about him.

I realized, I still love him. I love him and I miss him.

"Thank God... thank God I found you." Someone said behind me out of breath. That made me break my train of thought.

I turn around and see the man i'm in love with.

 


A/N: New chapter, guys! I need to speed things up a bit because a lot has been going on lately and I can't find time to update.

I think it would be 3 or 4 more chapters to go including the epilogue.

The next update would be short...again.

Comment please! 

Happy reading <3