6

Inseparable

I pulled out my arm from his tight grip.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said bitterly.

His hands are now holding my shoulder. 

"Please?" He slightly shaked me and I know that he was serious.

"Fine. Let's talk." I answered in defeat. 

A part of me is saying that this is a bad idea and the other is saying to go on with this. 

"But maybe not tonight okay?" I added. "It's getting late and I know you have a lot of explaining to do."

"Sure, Kyungsoo. Whatever makes you comfortable." He smiled.

"I just have one question though." I said.

"What is it?"

"Why did you ignore me at the cafe the whole day?"

A smile was growing on his face. My eyes widened and I know what he's thinking.

I reddened. "It's not what you think, okay? It was just- just- unusual of you."

His smile widened. "Ugh. Forget I asked you that" I turn around so my back was facing him and I started to walk.

"I'll just answer that when we'll talk." He rashed and walked by my side.

I dont know what to reply so our conversation ended there. Our walk back to our dorm was awkward.

It was a few steps away to our place when he spoke again, "Thank you, Kyungsoo-ah."

"For what?" I shot him a confused look.

"For this, not running away like you always do when im around." He replied.

I looked at a different direction. "Im still mad at you though." I said coldly.

"I know and you have all the right to."

Silence took over again.

We reached our dorm and before we enter our respective units he asked on last question for the day.

"Kyungsoo-ah..." He was hesitant. "Did you forget everything about us?" He emphasized the word 'everything'. He had this hopeful tone but im not sorry to burst his bubble.

I turned around facing the door and replied "Yes." 

"Oh." Disappointment filled the atmosphere.

I opened the door and went inside. I heaved a deep sigh as soon as I closed the door.

"So you and Suho are working on the same shop huh?" I got caught off guard from Chanyeol's deep voice.

"Yeah." I scratched the back of my head. "Im sorry i didn't tell you eveything. I didn't know I was going to work with him in the first place. And a lot of things happened and this and that so i think i forgot. You guys understand right?" I was pleading for their consideration.

"Sure, Kyung." Chanyeol said. "But you have to explain tomorrow okay. We are so sleepy."

Baekhyun yawned and rubbed his eye and sooner Chanyeol did the same.

"Good night, guys!" I gave them a hug.

"Good night, Kyung." They both chimed.

 

"Am I completely sure about this?" I asked myself staring at the ceiling while lying down on my bed.

"My heart, is it ready to heal and start over again?"

"He's right. I have every right to be mad at him but i think I had enough hatred in my heart." Im still talking to myself.

"I need to know everything."

"I need to talk to him."

And that was the moment when I finally realized I really wanna talk to him.

 

--------

 

It's finally Saturday.

I rose from my bed and prepare for this significant day. I should be well and coordinated to impress Kris. I need to work hard and make myself proud today.

Today is not only my first day of work but also the day I will "talk" to him.

I prepared food for my friends before leaving. As I was about to go out, Baekhyun and Chanyeol stepped out of their room, eyes still squinting.

"Hey guys! I gotta go now. Food's on the table!" I said.

"First day of work right?" Baekhyun asked. I nodded.

"Well good luck, Kyung!" Chanyeol chimed in. "And another good luck for 'the talk'".

I already told them everything. From getting the job until the day Suho asked me to talk with him.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever." I smiled as I made my way out of the door.

"Fighting!" They both cheered, smiling wide.

I chuckled from their cuteness. "Fighting!"

 

I arrived at Guardian Angel 15 minutes before opening time. Kris and Lay were there and getting ready for the opening the shop for today. Kris reminded me that he was only here incase of emergencies. He'll also monitor and check our performance. Lay was also here to for additional help but I dont think these two can really help us at all. These two chinese boys are really cozy with each other. 

"Kyungsoo, you can go inside the locker room to change now." Kris said with a smile.

"Sure thing, Kris." Then I made my way to the the other room.

I heard a faint 'Alone for now' and a soft giggle. I looked behind me and saw Kris caressing Lay's dimpled cheek.

"They're so cute." I said to myself.

"I know." A voice behind me made me jump. It was Suho.

"Yah! You scared me."

"I did. Didn't I?" He's laughing with that glorious smile of his.

"Shut up! I didn't know you were here." I was preparing my stuff for my locker. "I thought you were gonna be late."

"Me?" Pointing to himself. "Late? When was I never early?"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

Then awkward silence filled the room.

"Kyungsoo-ah..." He finally spoke with a soft tone on his voice. "About the talk, did yo-"

I closed my locker door loudly to stop him from speaking. I know where this is going and I know Im ready but his timing to is off.

"We have work to do." I said with a smile.

"Yeah." He smiled back. Then we went outside to begin our work.

But before we begin, there was an unfamiliar person standing between Kris and Lay. He's cute, short and has puffy cheeks.

"Guys, let me introduce you to our pastry chef." Kris spoke. 

"Hello! Im Xiumin."

"Hello! My name's Kyungsoo." I greeted him and Suho did the same. "Im Suho." He smiled.

"Nice meeting the two of you!"

"Xiumin here, bakes the best cakes and cookies in the entire world." Kris said.

"Oh Kris. Stop exagerating!" Xiumin was blushing. "You're embarassing me."

"I completely agree with Kris!" Lay added. "He is the best. My favorite is the...uh..." Lay spaced out.

"It's Blueberry Cheesecake, Lay." Kris continued.

"Why would you even forget your favorite cake?" Xiumin asked laughing.

We laughed for a second before Kris cleared the air.

"Okay. So Suho and Kyungsoo, are you guys ready?" He asked us a last question.

"Yes, Kris." We both answered with confidence.

He smiled approvingly then went to the door and turned the door sign to OPEN.

 

The whole experience working in the cafe was fun but tiring. I got the counter and cashier duty while Suho served the drinks and pastries.

There were many students, office workers and other people who bought coffee and used the free wireless internet in their laptops.

We were were busy but everything went smoothly. Kris was nodding in approval everytime me and Suho finish a task without a flaw.

Hours went by and Kris finally turned the door sing to CLOSE.

"Great job, Kyungsoo and Suho." He was clapping. I know for sure that he was impressed from our perfromance today.

"I am impressed! Really, good job you two." He added. I was right. 

"Thank you, Kris!" I said.

"Im glad you're happy from what we did today." Suho said with a big grin on his face.

"I am. Never saw a teamwork that good." Kris gave us a thumbs-up.

Come to think of it, we did make a good team today. I smiled from that thought, i dont know why.

"We'll take everything from here." Kris spoke. "You guys worked hard today. You can pack your things and go home to rest."

"Yes, Kris." I answered.

While preparing to go home, i remembered that i wanna talk to Suho today and i will talk to him. I was about to approach him then Xiumin entered the locker room with two bags in hand.

"Here you go guys!" He handed the bags to us. One for me and one for Suho.

"What's this?" I asked with one questioning eyebrow raised.

"It's a token." Xiumin answered cheerfully. "From your hardwork today. You guys have done an amazing job!"

"Thank you very much!" I said.

"Don't mention it!" Xiumin said. "You guys deserve it. See you tomorrow okay?"

"See you!" Suho answered then Xiumin left.

After we finish packing up, Suho was on his way to the exit then I stopped him.

"Suho."

"Yes?" He turned around eyebrows raised.

"W-wanna share my Cinnamon Swirls with me?" I asked shyly.

A smile crept on his face. He was obviously happy from my request.

"Sure, Kyungsoo. You can also have some from my Chocolate Cake." He said still smiling.

We then made our way to the exit, waved goodbye to Kris and Lay then step outside of the cafe.

"Let's go to the park. Let's eat it there." I said hoping that this is a right idea.

"The park? Why?" He was confused. "We can eat these together with Chanyeol and Baekhyun."

"No." I shot a disapproving look. "You know what happens when desert is served right?"

"On second thought, the park sounds a great idea."

"And besides, i'll spare some for those morons back at the dorm." I said laughing and he laughed too.

"But why at the park?" He asked again.

I hope this goes well.

"Because..." I was trying to answer. I look to his eyes then said shyly.

"I finally wanna 'talk' to you."

 

 

 

 

------

A/N: Yay for Chapter 6 update! Sorry If this was late bc I got caught up from thinking about my next fic Love Hate. Please support it. It's BaekYeol :D 

I hope everyone loved the underlying KyungMyeon moments. More to come :D

Thank you for the new subscribers. You guys are special and i love you <3

Comment please! I love it when you guys talk to me :3

 

OMG. Have you seen the Suho tag on Tumblr? My bb is pulling off a Kai and he is working it. *me gusta*

Another OMG. The Suho/Chanyeol moments at the NH Concert. My biases are interacting. <3 Chanyeol was like 'I wanna show you guys my bodeh' and Suho practically hugged him to stop showing some skin and they were so cute and their smiles were lovely and they looked so adorable and i love them so much and i think im going to die.

Chanyeol rapped and D.O. beatboxed then rapped at the end. Then there I was soaking from their awesomeness while making weird noises.

(here's a vid of everything i spazzed talked about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXbvH6mDi4)

Until next update! Happy reading <3