7

Inseparable

It was a cool evening and the park was slightly dimmed and empty. We sat down on one of the benches and settled the food between us. We opened the bags and we stare in awe at the food infront of us.

"Okay, I know we served these today but these look amazing!" Suho said still in awe.

I coudn't agree more.

"Perhaps Xiumin added something special." I added and my mouth was starting to water.

"Let's dig in!" Suho happily exclaimed.

The food tasted a lot better from what it looks like. The Cinnamon Swirls were heavenly I wish that I could eat these forever. The Chocolate Cake was amazing too. It was moist and the taste was just perfect. 

We were halfway through of what we were eating and I still wanted more. Then Suho stopped me.

"Hey! Hey! I thought you wanted to spare some for Baekhyun and Chanyeol?"

I answered with my mouth still full. "Not anymore. They can just go to the cafe and order these." I swallowed everything and added "These are mine!"

"I think you had enough." Suho said chuckling. He's closing the bags and setting aside the food.

"No!" I pouted. Come to think of it, my friends deserve this goodness.

Suho laughed. "That's enough, Kyungsoo. Look at yourself! You look like a kid that planted his face to the cake."

"You're exagerating." I narrowed my eyes.

"Im not! You better clean your face." He said still laughing.

"Fine." I answered in defeat. "Just wait a minute."

After I cleaned up and finished everything, silence took over again.

Finally, Suho spoke. He's finally gonna talk.

"I found out the news from my Father. It was a week before we left Korea." 

I looked at him and he was looking at nowhere. 

I'll just let him talk and i'll ask questions if necessary.

"He got promoted. Of course we were happy since that was a new opportunity. But there was a bad catch, he needed to work in America. He said it's for the expansion of the company his working at."

His dad got promoted? Why didn't he tell us?

"He insisted that we should go with him." Suddenly his tone got darker. "Of course I refused. I have everything here. This was home."

"Oh." I muttered.

"He wouldn't take no for an answer. He gave us one week to prepare for our trip to America. He said to pack the important all our stuff, talk to the teachers about this and..." He paused for a moment. "And to say goodbye to friends. Which I obviously didn't do."

"Why didn't you?" I finally spoke.

"Because I was stupid and because I saw how happy you guys were without worrying about anything. I can't bear dropping a bomb like that." 

It's slightly dim but I can tell tears were forming on the corner of his eyes.

"Our friendship was the most special thing that I treasured. Ever." He's sincere with his words. Im sure of it.

"You, Chanyeol and Baekhyun..." He paused. His voice is shaking now. "You guys complete me." He laughed from his cheesiness. "Im always happy when im with you guys...especially when im with you, Kyungsoo-ah." he said. "Especially when im with you." He repeated.

He looked at me then shyly smiled. I can't help but feel my blood rush to my cheeks and I looked away. I hope he didn't see that.

He chuckled and continued. "It was the day before the trip and I made my mind to tell you after school. I wanted to tell it to you first so I texted you that night."

His text. The text that got me excited to confess to him that night. Everything flashed on my head at that instant. The confession, the rejection, the tears and the pain. Then tears are starting to form in my eyes.

"I can't bear telling you the bad news but I had to." He continued. "Then you came, earlier than what I would expect. You didn't give me time to speak. When I opened the door you immediately..." He paused and I know deep down in my heart what happened next.

"You immediately confessed your feelings to me." He continued.

I was silent. I don't know what to do. All the feelings coming back again.

"I so surprised from what you said. M-my mind was not fully processing everything at moment and because of my stupidity, i slammed the door at your face."

"It hurts you know." I said not looking at him. "It hurts being rejected for the first time. I expected to much."

"Im sorry for that Kyungsoo-ah. I really really do." He kept apologizing sincerely . "I know that gave you a bad impression and I know at that moment you loathed me."

"You're right." I agreed because it's true.

"I couldn't bear thinking about leaving you guys especially you, Kyungsoo-ah. You are so precious to me that just only thinking of being away from you for a long time crushed my heart and then your confession killed me inside. I never wanted to leave because I wanted stay with you forever." He was staring at the ground and his shoulders were staring to shake.

So he didn't hate me after all. I had it all wrong and I felt guilty. Big time.

"After realizing what I did to you, I opened the door again to see if you were still there but you weren't. You were gone and I hated myself at that moment."

"Joonmyeon-hyung,..." I spoke but I dont know why I called him that.

"Then I went up to my room and cried myself to sleep. I hated myself for doing that to you and I hated myself for being that stupendously stupid."

"I-" I wanted to speak but he cut me off by continuing his story.

"Then the next day, everything were rushed. We went to to airport and then left immediately. I wasn't even able to say goodbye to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Then when we arrived to America, we lived in New York. I wanted to send you guys an email to explain but..."

"But?" I said urging him to continue.

"But... I was scared." He continued. "And stupid." He added with a tiny laugh.

"That went on for years, trying to contact you guys but then give up because Im a big coward." He said. 

"Funny though, im the hyung and im the one who's scared." He chuckled.

I was still listening and contemplating on everything he said. I felt more guilty since I hated him for such a long time while he loved us.

"I got a new name too. Well, more like a nickname. I liked it so I used it always." He laughed. "Then I saw the opportunity to go back here to study after I graduated in high school. I asked my parents If I can and they agreed since they were confident that I could take care of myself. Then I went back, enrolled to the college I was hoping you would enroll in, and settled at my new place."

I was still intently listening.

"After I got settled, I got the job at the cafe which I got really happy about. When I went back to the dorm, i came across Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I was scared that they were gonna ignore me or something but I was so surprised that Chanyeol was so happy and he hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe." He chuckled. "

"I love that happy virus." He was sweetly smiling and he continued. "Baekhyun was also happy to see me. I was so happy at that time because I wasnt expecting this much love. They soon became silent then shrugged it off. I already had the idea."

"We hang out in your dorm and everything was so magical. I get to spend time with my old friends again. I was... I was just so happy that time." He was smiling widely.

"Then I came into the picture." I added blankly.

"Uh- Yeah." He sighed. "When I saw you that night, I felt my knees go weak because I was happy to see you again but I was scared too. Then you slammed the door at my face which I greatly deserve."

Now I know everything. I jumped into conclusions and I feel so guilty. I want to apologize.

"Im really sorry Kyungsoo-ah. I dont expe-"

I cut him off by encricling my arms around his neck and resting my head on one of his shoulders. I felt his body got stiff from my sudden action.

"Stop apologizing, stupid!" I cried. "I should be the one apologizing." I wept on him.

"I misjudged you and friends, no, bestfriends don't do that. Im really really really sorry."

He patted my back and replied. "Shhh. I should be the one who's sorry. It was all my fault."

We were both sorry and i dont want to argue about this.

He rested his head on mine and we stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

He pulled me off and said, "I'll make it up to you, Kyungsoo-ah. I promise." I sent me an assuring smile and I smiled back.

"Me too."

"So you forgive me now?" There was a hopeful tone in his voice.

"No." I said sarcastically. His face became glum.

"Oh."

I punched his arm jokingly and giggled. "Im kidding! Yes, i forgive you."

"Yah! Dont play like that." He jokingly punched back.

"Friends?" He extended his hand for me to shake.

I gladly took his hand and shake it marking a renewal in our relationship.

"Best friends."

 


A/N: Yay for Chapter 7! KyungMyeon everywhurrr.

Sorry for this short update since it's only in one setting and because I think it was time for Suho to explain everything.

I hope this chapter answered all your questions.

Thank you so much for the new subscribers! You dont know how grateful I am ;~~;

Comment please! <3

 

Im going to update the next chapter late. I have this big recitation on my History of Architecture class and you dont wanna know the words I need to memorize.

Interior Design is a hard course alright.

 

Happy reading everyone <3