1

Inseparable

"You are my best friend okay? We will always be together. We will be inseparable!"

Lies. I bitterly thought about that moment again.

"Inse-se-perable?" I stuttered. "You really are a star student, hyung. Using the new vocabulary words we learned from our English class today."

"What can I do? I was born with it."  He answered with a proud smirk.

"Hyung, promise me you will always be by my side. You know I only have a few friends."

"I promise!" Then he flashed that angelic smile. Now it's not that striking to me anymore.

 

We live in the same village, we were not neighbors though. We go to the same school and we were in the same class. The only thing disappointing was the fact the we sit far from each other. I sit at the front while he sits at the back.

Every Saturday, me and Joonmyeonnie-hyung always hang out. Even though we have a lot of homeworks and projects, we spare some time for each other. I like the way we spend the day together. We go to the mall and play in the arcade, shop some clothes, and just have fun. My forever favorite was the walk on the way home. We tell stories and secrets with each other while eating our favorite ice cream. Everytime I spend my time with him, im not that awkard or that guy with deer-caught-in-the-headlights look...well i still do but that's not the point here. Joonmyeon-hyung was special to me. 

He was also the reason why I got new genuine friends. First, we met this really tall boy. He was a giant compared to my height and damn his voice is deep. I mean DEEP. He asked if he can sit with us since he's a new kid. I was just staring at him because HE REALLY IS A GIANT then I heard Joonmyeon-hyung agree with a happy "Sure!"

We found out that his name was Chanyeol and he lived in the same village with us. The whole time he sat with us was fun. He told us that he can rap and beatbox. At least we shared something in common. He was cool and he sat with us regularly.

Second, we met Baekhyun. He was also a transfer student from the country side moving to Seoul. And what do you know, he lives nearby our houses. He was cool too and we had a lot of similarities. I wanted him to sit with us and become our friend and after I though of that Joonmyeonie-hyung asked "Hey Baekhyun, why dont you sit with us during lunch? It's a lie if you tell us were not yet friends." Please say yes I thought. He gladly did and we were already a group of four.

When were already really close, we hang out not only in malls but also in our houses. We play video games, watch horror movies and laugh at how Chanyeol reacts when the ghost appear and of course have sleepovers. Every moment with them were amazing. 

I was happy that I met them then I realized that Joonmyeonie-hyung is such a blessing to me. Everything about him brings happiness to my world. Eveytime I think about him, i smile and get this wierd feeling in my stomach. I actually thought I was sick.

Then I realized, I was in love with him. Deeply.

I was in turmoil. I didnt know what to do. If I confess to him will he still accept me? Will he be disgusted? WHAT?!

I told my other friends about my situation. Chanyeol and Baekhyun both agreed that I must tell him now. Im glad they still accepted me despite from my confession.

With their help, I made my decision. I might as well tell him now. God only knows if he likes me back. I must act now since ive been spotting that really pretty girl Yuri flirting with my hyung.

 

The next day, I got a text from him.

From: Joonmyeonie-hyung <3

"I need to tell you something. Meet me at my house tonight"

I dont know but I was actually pretty excited to meet him. I will tell him now. Fighting!!!

I walked to his house. No, i was skipping like a little girl because I was happy but scared at the same time because finally im going to confess to my hyung. OMG, i really dont know what to expect.

I was standing at his front porch nervously. I was awkwardly practicing my "speech" for him before knocking on his door.

He was the one who opened the door with sad eyes. I was taken aback. This wasnt the normal Joonmyeon-hyung I know. He usually greets me with a happy smile that's so angelic and pure and handsome and lovely and precious...

He opened is mouth to say something before I interrupted him with my "Hyung, I like you. No. I love you you! Im deeply in love with you. I just realized about this now. Im sorry about this but I just want you to know."

He was silent. His expression was blank like there's no life inside of him.

He slammed the door in my face.

Did he just do that? After I confessed to him? He must be disgusted at me. He hates me now.

I felt tears rounding up the corner of my eyes. I ran to my house sobbing like a crazy person. I ran inside my house, slammed my bedroom door behind me and the next thing I know, I fell alseep on my bed.

 

The next day as I woke up, I got a text from Chanyeol. 

From: Chanyeol

"Guys! Let's meet here outside Joonmyeon's house. I have something to show you guys."

I dont know. If I should go, I cant bear seeing Joonmyeon-hyung's face after what happened last night.

I glanced up at my clock. It's 1PM. I must be really depressed. 

I looked myself at the mirror. I looked horrible. My eyes are red and swollen. There were dry tears on my cheeks and yeah, i was horrifying to look at.

I took a bath, contemplating whether I should go to his house and meet Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

As I got out of my bathroom, my phone was ringing mad. It was Chanyeol.

I answered his call. "What?!" I wasnt in the mood to be adorable nice Kyungsoo.

"Dude, where are you? Meet us here! Right now!!!! Dont make us drag you here!!!" He said mad then he hang up.

I might as well go there now. I dressed up and went my way to Joonmyeon's house.

 

I met Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I was surprised that they weren't even mad. They were sad. I swear I saw Baekhyun wiping his tears away. What the-

"What's going on guys? If this is some hang out, i can't. Im busy." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's not." Baekhyun answered. "It's about that." He was pointing at something.

I glaced to the direction he's pointing and I cant help but saw the FOR SALE sign outside Joonmyeon's house. I guess it was my instict that I ran to his door, rang his doorbell and called his name. "JOONMYEOOONNIE-HYUNG!!"

I was stupid. Of course he left. There were no sign of life inside his house. Everything were covered in white sheets.

He left.

 

The three of then realized that Joonmyeon-hyun and his family went away, like away from S. Korea, to USA to be exact when we asked his neighbor.

Damn. He might have hated me so much he wanted to move away.

I dont know what to think at that moment.

The two went on their way home. They were obviously depressed over the fact that our friend is gone.

I can't help but take a last look over Joonmyeon-hyung's house.

 

"And you told me we will be inseparable..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: YAY for first update! I can't belive I got subscribers already. lol

Please comment and give me feedback. I want to know what you guys think.

Do I ? Should I stop writing? Please tell meeeee.

Im good at handling constructive criticisms. not really