Second Encounter

Naughty Neighbour

 

Jin Kyong reached her house late today due to working with an important project with her friends that was suppose to hand in tomorrow. As her steps drew nearer to her house, a familiar scent of refreshing mint filled her nostril and a black silhouette was spotted right in front of her house.

“Dae Ho? What are you doing here?”

“Waiting for someone to settle my dinner” He spoke flatly, eyes stick to his laptop and continue matching his fingers with the keyboard.  

“Sorry, I had something on today. Why dint you wait at home?”

His hands reached out to the grocery bags she was carrying and continued with his monotone speech “It is more convenient here. Let’s go in.”

Both of them ate in silence, as if nothing is present in this world.

‘How could he have such delicious cheek on his face, I want to bite it.’ Jin Kyong scolded herself for having such dirty idea on a school kid and flushed, hoping he would not notice her awkwardness.

“I waited for an hour for you. I thought that it is too troublesome for you to cook for me.” With a simple neck movement he raised his head just in time and stared at Jin Kyong, when she was reflecting on her dirty mind.

“Ah? Oh! It is not troublesome at all. Not at all. Hahaha” Her faced was decorated with a bright sheet of pink and stuttered with her words.

“Well, if it is so, I can put down my heart now. I want to eat samgyetang and egg roll tomorrow.”

Urgh, not again! What’s with this rude kid!

“One thing, give your number too. I don’t want to wait for you another time”

Getting over the black metal device passed by him, Jin Kyong quickly typed down her number.

“Your name?”

“Just call me noona will do. ”

“Noona?” A funny expression appeared on his face and his eye browns were tied into a knot.

“Yes noona, now go back to your own house.”

He stood there like a stubborn cow, waiting for her to announce her name.

“Fine. I’m Jin Kyong, Lee Jin Kyong. Now go back to your house and study.”

Making graceful turn, he went back to his house without a second word.

He is helpless, I’m sure. That’s Jin Kyong’s sentence of the day.