First Encounter

Naughty Neighbour

Stopping in front her house bought by her parents as 18 years old birthday gift, the 160cm tall with curled brown hair like a chocolate river Jin Kyong noticed that there was a guy with a height of 175cm standing right in from of Aunt Jung’s house. The guy has a pair of sparkling eyes which portraits the innocence within them, every features of his are conveying Jin Kyong that he is Aunt Jung’s son, Jung Dae Ho. Guilt filled up her heart after noticing that both of his hands are occupied with plastic bags stuffed with instant noodles. How could she let a 16 years old kid eat unhealthy food like instant noodles every day?

“You must be Aunt Jung’s son, Jung Dae Ho right? Do you want to come over for dinner?” Jin Kyong invited him with a smile spread on her face.

He whirled around, realizing that she was talking to him. Shock and disbelieve appeared on his face.

“Don’t be shy, your mother told me to take good care of you. You must be hungry. I will help you prepare dinner now.” Jin Kyong explained.

He stood there and stared at Jin Kyong wordlessly. Jin Kyong saw a bolt of light flashed in his eyes, making them look sharp as he walked into her house. Thinking that she was just hallucinating, she blinked her large, watery eyes a few times to get it away.  

Both of them ate the kimchi fried rice Jin Kyong in awkward silence, only the soft sound from their breathing can be heard. Jin Kyong stole a few glances from him, making a conclusion that he must be a good kid with attractive features that steals girls’ hearts. By the thought of that, her heart raced, making her blushed.

“I’m done. Thank you for your food, you’re a good cook.“ He looked up and thanked her.

 Embarrassed that she was caught by him, she replied with guilt “This is my job, you’re welcome”.

 He stood up, a small smile was created on his face, a tiny part of his left cheek was down, showing a dimple. Like an angel thumb imprinted on his face, his dimple was a blessing from above.

“I want to eat kimchi soup and bibimbap tomorrow. See you tomorrow.” He spoke with no hesitation and went back to his house, leaving Jin Kyong with her jaw dropped down from its original position, not believing with what he had just requessed.

This kid is rude. That was all on her mind.