.09

Blood. Life. Love. Us

The front door slam shut, the impact shook the house. A pair of heavy footsteps flung off their shoes before racing upstairs. Naeun was a complete and utter mess. A ball of emotions mixing and matching together into complete chaos. The source of such a cluttered mess of emotions all reverted to him and his unknowing words that dared to bend her heart upside down. He harbored the ability to swallow her whole.

Her head was throbbing. Heart beating relentlessly against her chest, the sounds of his words were a knife stabbing her, torturing her. Through she knew it wasn't his fault, she couldn't help but feel a sense of furious energy exerting towards him with his sworn brothers. For the women they so hated was the kind and caring woman who had watched over her since she was an infant. The woman who was a friend, sister, guardian, teacher, and so many other things to Naeun.

She was Kahi. A witch. The witch who turned them. Her powers were now lost. Her face now changed and her blood no longer recognized by them now that she was no longer a witch.

To Naeun she was family, the family that kept her rooted to the ground when her head stung loose into space. She was the source of power Naeun would tap into whenever Naeun wanted to remember who she really is. When she needed to remember the innocence, the peace, the kind days as a child. Her things fell onto her floor in a cluttered mess. Naeun could care less for her things right now. She just needed an escape, yet she was forbidden for escape. Escape meant running, she wasn't going to run. Her body crashed onto her soft bed.

The familiar scent soaking through her body brought a sense of comfort to her. Her eyes slowly willed themselves so shut. Her mind forcing itself to fall into an illusional dream land where none of this mattered.

--

The door bell sang an tortuous song into her ear drums. She groan demanding her body to lift itself up from the comfort of her bed. Taking a peek at her digital clock by the bed stand she realized it was already 11:30.

Who in the world would come knocking on the doorstep at eleven at night? She half sleep, half walk down toe flight of stairs. Where was her aunt, she wondered taking a look through the peek hole. Her brows furrowed when the other person standing on the other side of the door came into clear view.

Gently opening the door her body froze. The look on her face was the look of a child torn from her parents. The look of a person who just lost the person they loved.

"Chorong, what's wrong." Naeun asked. Chorong's tears fell like raindrops washing down her skin. Her face said it all, the pain, the agony. Her eyes were blood shot red, her nose red as well, her hair in a curled of messy yarn bending and twisting upon her head. Her body lost all of its strength causing her to fall onto the cold floors. All her energy was gone. A sheet of guilt had blanket itself all around her body.

"What's wrong?" Naeun was now in a frantic panic as Chorong began to sob.

"I saw it. I should had known. I saw it." Chorong cried, her words she spoke were a mystery to Naeun. Her eyes now searched outside as the flashing red light came into view.

The car came to a stop and out came the familiar face. Flashbacks of years ago soared through her mind as her mind, soul and body quickly laced itself with titanium. Maybe she already knew it, the truth that was to hit her, maybe she was just fooling herself. Maybe she was just as confused as everyone else, hell, she didn't know anymore.

The sheriff made his was closer to her. Another cop car had reached the Son house. Oh, Naeun saw this coming.

Maybe she could had stop it. But she knew what was done is done. Her heart began to break from the titanium barrier she just built up a moment ago. Crashing against the pit of hell she heard it slam breaking her ear drums.

"Your aunt's dead. Kahi's dead." Chorong spoke in between her cries. Just those few words and Naeun's life was changed forever.