.08

Blood. Life. Love. Us

Her eyes found him almost instantaneously, he popped out like a bright sunflower in the snow filled winter weather. He was all she saw. In another private conversation with his sworn brothers. The conversations between the three were always whispers no one could over hear.

Naeun always found it strange. Now she knew why. Her eyes slowly fell from him and returned to her locker. She didn't want to be caught staring. Avoiding. She had been avoiding him all week, she had no idea why, but it had been confirmed the day before. It was eating her up like a virus.

"Aish." She heard Chorong grumbled as she walked over to her locker. Naeun turned towards her friend.

"What's wrong?" She queried, detecting an annoyed frustration in her friend.

"Them. They are my problem." The response she got caused her to follow Chorong's eyes, which lead her outside to the three familiar figures. "They signed up to help decorate for the dance. Bomi's idea when I was absent." Chorong grumbled regretting not attending classes the day before, what could she do through, she had a massive headache and had weird flashes of incoherent images that slammed against her skull ready to be read at all moments.

"Come on Chorong. You're Park Chorong. Over achiever Park Chorong, student body president, first rank in class, I think you can handle them." Naeun responded. Chorong pouted in response.

--

"Where the hell are they?" Eunji pondered as she looked around the gymnasium. Chorong was never late. Letting her mind get consumed with all the work that had to be finish before the dance tomorrow night, she concentrated on what work had to be finish.

A dozen other people were relevant as they went about, decorating and designing, hanging up what needed to be hung and setting up what needed to be set up.

It was a high school gym being decorated for a high school dance. She felt the change of atmosphere, the air suddenly losing all sense of laughter and talk. All came to a adept silence as the double doors open wide. Walking in like gods they strode right down the place.

Oblivious to Eunji whose main focus was still attached to the brown clipboard in front of her, a pair of coffee eyes followed her every movement, every unnoticed habit, every look, smile and frown. Hoya had certainly found himself attached to her, through she had yet to realize that.

He found her amusing and intriguing. A air about her was so unique it drew him in like a siren did to fishermen. An addiction he willingly drowned himself in.

"Staring again." Myungsoo muttered to him. None heard, their voices to soft to be heard by human ears.

"I know."

--

"We have a bunch of strong young men around here, and the two of us get stuck with carrying the heavy loads." Chorong whined as she and Naeun struggle to carry the boxes of more decorations. This was one of the things Naeun adores about Chorong. No matter the mood she was in, Chorong always found a way to make Naeun feel...human, regular, a typical student. Lately these days Naeun really needed that.

Stumbling threw the gym, Naeun felt a sense of relief when a pair of warm strong arms reached out, grabbing the boxes from her arms and taking the weight off. Naeun met eye and eye with the devil himself. Her eyes falling into what they shouldn't. A trigger snapped inside of her begging her to run with all her might, yet her body refused.

"You looked like you needed help." He spoke, his voice deep, husky, and most definitely addictive.

"Thanks." Her replied was short, detached, cold. Quickly breaking contract with him, with the help of Chorong of course she straighten her head back on correctly.

"Naeun-ah, let's go." Chorong ordered. Naeun nodded as the two girls walked away, making their way over to Eunji who couldn't be more than happy the two finally showed up. Late, but at least they showed up.

"Let's just hurry up and get this finish with so we can get away from them." Chorong groaned, her voice was soft so only Naeun who was beside her could hear. Oblivious to her however, three pairs of ears heard that little comment of hers.

--

"Come on, stick on. Stupid tape." Eunji whined as she stood on her tippy-toes, balancing on the ladder she tried sticking on the last of the banners. Everybody else had left leaving only her in the gym alone.

Chorong and Naeun were in the cafeteria waiting for her. They were packing off the last of there supplies.

"Got it." She muttered in satisfied as the banner willed itself to stick onto the wall. Taking a step back, her feet accidentally lost balance causing her to slipped off. She waited for the hard floor to hit against her body, her eyes closed waiting for the impact that never came.

Slowly opening her eyes Eunji met eye and eye with someone who she wasn't expecting. His strong arms heard onto her waist firmly, carrying her.

"Hoya-shi." She muttered. He smirked.

"You're kind of clumsy, aren't you." He teased. She pouted at the comment.

"Can you put me down now?" She asked while turning her head around. She swore that she had been the only one in the gym, how did he suddenly get there? Silently from the corner of the room a pair of curious orbs watched the scene unfolding.

Naeun saw the whole scene. She wasn't affected by it one bit, not now that she knew and understand what they really were. Memories of her aunts words rushed through her system once more as her mind hammered with the knowledge it carried....

The car engine slowly died down. The slamming of the car door echoed throughout the quiet landscape. She associated the place to the scene in a horror movie when the car suddenly breaks down in the middle of the road and the passengers are killed by some sadistic serial killer.

However she knew the difference between a movie and reality. These parts of the forest were unknown to her. The shadows cast from the brightly lit moon added light down onto the dark universe. It was so quiet in the world tonight, the kind of quiet where one could just fall a sleep to. The sounds of the crickets and the sound of the wind gently hitting the leaves were all Naeun heard. Naeun knew every turn, every corner, ever tree and plant in woods.

She was raised in them and grew up in them. She knew them like the back of her hands. As a child her father and she would take weekend hikes. Walk through the woods. Set up a fire and toast marsh mallows. Watch the infinite sky of stars and fall a sleep in their tents listening to the sound of nature. She couldn't help but think of how simple, how easy things were in the past. So much could change, so much did change, it felt like a lifetime ago when she slept under the starlit skies.

"What are we doing here?" She asked her aunt. Without bothering to answer, Kahi began walking into the woods. Hesitantly Naeun follow suit. It didn't matter if she was walking in unknown parts of the woods at night, she couldn't be surprise by anything at this point. Her mind was a blank canvass waiting for new information to load in.

She wasn't sure of anything anymore other than the fact that vampires, the myth, the creatures, blood-ers that were feared by so many, were real. The two traveled deeper into the woods.

The leaves crunching under their weight. Naeun closely followed until Kahi came to a stop.

"Where are we?" Those were the only words that left her lips as she stared out onto what looked equivalent to another haunted house. The moss was greatly overgrown as if covered most of the white marble. The mansion was made of white marble, thick layers of vein grass grew and drew themselves on like art paintings. The grass was over grown and a wired gate was met at the entrance.

"Let's go in." That was Kahi response as she firmly began to walk in. Naeun could tell she was comfortable around the place. She had been here before in the past. Slowly forcing her feet to move from their place she followed. The doors creaked under her footsteps.

The whole place was pitch black except for the small corners where the moonlight shadowed down upon through the dusty windows. Kahi knew where to go, which rooms to take, which turns to take. Before either knew it, they had reached their desired destination.

"Were here." Kahi announced. The room was a dimly lit room consisting of old stacks of thick books lined up in the corner. Candles added light and heat to the room as they were lit all throughout the room. In the center a giant round oak table was placed. Embedded into it were cravings of the symbols used to represent the six original families.

"Where exactly is here?" Naeun asked. All attention drawing her closer to the table. A moment of silence filled the room before Kahi spoke. "This is where she turned them. Where she turned them into vampires."

"Because they betrayed them first right? So this was the punishment she set upon them." Kahi sighed. She turned to face Naeun who had her eyes glued onto the table.

"She regretted it. Turning the three of them. It was unintentional, but it happened anyways. In the end rather she wanted to undo it or not, it was out of her control. Once blood is spill its permanent." Kahi spoke. caught in a series of emotions and regrets.

"But she tried to help the. She tried to fix things, but there are some things not even the best of hearts could fix." Kahi explained.

"You gave them gifts." Naeun commented as she remembered a certain vampire that used his abilities on her. Kahi nodded.

"The abilities of erase memories. You should know. Myungsoo used it on you."

"Don't remind me." Naeun pouted. Then another thought crossed her mind. The thought she wanted to avoid, she wanted to run and erase it from her mind like washing away chalk on the sidewalk.

"What will they do if they realize that you're still alive?" The one question spilling off Naeun's tongue. This one question was what she feared the most. The answer was inevitable, but that one glimpse of blind hope fooled Naeun into believing in the optimistic outcome of the situation.

"They're kill me. I turned them into vampires 400 years ago. I ripped them from their families, turned them into what the people they love fear. It was my fault. It was all my fault. After all these years I still deserve to die. It's only right that way."

--
Her last words repeating in Naeun's head. A bubble of fear slowly growing in her chest. She knew it all now. The truth. She didn't realize that the truth would hurt this much. She didn't realize it could kill this much.

What was she supposed to do. Keep quiet. Pretend like she knows nothing. Yes, that was easy to say yesterday before she realized that the reason the three were vampires was because of her aunt.

Suddenly a wave of guilt overtook her. Waves of emotions she couldn't understand took over. Stepping away from the door she stumbled onto the ground. The built wall stabling her as she leaned against it. She found herself gasping hard for air.

She didn't blink, and that was one of her worst mistakes. Of course it was, one a person finds out their are such things as vampires they need time to take it in. Naeun just pushed all her emotions aside, like always. Now she was suffering the consequences.

"You okay?" His deep voice spoke up. Her head quickly turn to find him stepping closer towards her. Where had he come from, she asked before mentally kicking herself. He's a vampire stupid, it was probably that super speed trick of his again.

"Yes." She mumbled. She mentally kicked herself so being so weak in front of him. He was now right in front of her staring down at her with unreadable eyes. Those dep brown eyes could send any girl crazy.

"You don't look fine." He retorted. Lifting her head to meet his, she instantly regretted speaking. "Will you forgive her?"

His eyebrows narrowed in confusion. Eyes narrowing down towards her. He was confused by her question. Sitting down next to her, her blood filled his senses. It was new, refreshing, it took away all the desires for blood. She was a safe haven for him ironically.

She hadn't spoken to him in a whole week. Sadly he found himself disappointed because of this. After taking away her memories it only seemed that she herself was creating a barrier between them.

This was the first time she had actually said more than three words to him all week.

"I'm sorry." She uttered in a soft tone. He felt disappointed by this. She was quickly shutting herself off again. He saw the way she moved away from him, her body react so oddly to him. She was scare. She should be.

But her eyes, yes it was quiet a challenge to understand her. It still is. But right now her eyes had....no soul. All the hope, spirit, and life that made her who she was, gone. Replaced by this doubtful scare wilted flower who had given up and hiding for coverage.

"Forgive who?" He asked bringing back her first question.

Naeun shooked her head before replying. "Nothing." She muttered.

"What's been bothering you lately?" He asked. It was a genuine question. One he hoped she would answer with all honestly.

"You do easily forgive people?" She asked. She was purposely avoiding his question, but that didn't matter. At least she was talking to him.

"It depends" He answered

"Depends on what?" That little lit of curiosity in her caused a smile to lift up on his face. Theses were things about Naeun he found himself to love. The times when her face would just lit up. It was like all the dreadful pain just disappeared from her soul. She had this look in her, the same look a mother had looking at her newborn child for the first time. This look of pure innocent hope that didn't exist on many anymore.

"It depends on how badly I was hurt by that person." He answered. Continuing he found himself revealing one of his deepest regrets to her. That was another thing that Naeun could do to him. Around her we could reveal every single one of his secrets. His heart spoke by itself leaving no room for any mystery, any secrets. He couldn't hide anything from her.

"There was one person. She had hurt me badly. So badly. Not only me but the people I love. I swore to never ever forgive her. She destroyed me, she broke me inside out. She turned me into something I was not, something evil, something dangerous, something the people I love most dearly fear. The part that is that I trusted her. " He revealed. Naeun listened to him knowing all to well who was was referring to. A part of her die when he spoke. His words were knifes stabbing her.

"She was being selfish. Though I couldn't blame her. We were the ones who hurt her first. But the way she hurt us. It was like she basically ripped out the hearts of all the people we love. She ripped out my heart and threw it a into an endless pit."

Naeun bit down on her lips suppressing the tears daring to stream down her face.

"Remember when I told you about my parents?" Myungsoo asked. Naeun nodded dodging all possible eye contract with him. "They're dead because of her....And I had a sister. A noona. Taeyeon noona. She was in all ways, the opposite of me, bright, cheerful, a dork, a little to friendly. I lost my noona too soon because of that one person. I lost a lot of my loved ones because of that one person."

"I can ask you another question." Naeun cut in. She didn't want to hear anymore. She couldn't hear anymore. She knew too much, she knew what her aunt had done. None of that mattered to her, because all she saw and all she knew was that she was going to protect her aunt. No matter what.

"If I ask you to forgive that person...could you?" Naeun dared to asked. Myungsoo stared at her. His face stone cold, eyes narrowed with rage.

"Never." That one word and Naeun could already feel her heart dropping. If only Myungsoo could realize how much he was hurting her right now.