.17

Blood. Life. Love. Us


    
The door blew open with such a force the wooden object was thrown across the room, crashing against the wall and falling into pieces. Three heads turned towards the door less entry way.
 
Eyes expand with shock, confusion, and inquisitiveness.
 
"What the hell." Woohyun mumbled as he stepped towards the doorway. The hallway was dim, it was literally all black, but then again, he had better eye sight than most humans. Of course he did, he wasn't human. For weeks now he had to put up with Myungsoo and Hoya and their constant PMS-ing.
 
Leaving Seoul was grueling for both of them. But it wasn't Seoul itself, it was leaving certain girls behind, that was difficult. But the boys knew staying in Seoul under this condiction was only going to bring hurt, or so they thought.
 
Woohyun stood by the entry, eyes scrutinizing the hallway, there was no movement, no out of place noise, but someone was there, someone with enough power to block their presence. The question of whom the person was, was affirmed when Woohyun was shot flying across the room, back landing on the ground making the ground shake as gradient floor pieces were destroy by the impact.
 
"You know they always have a thing against me. Is it my image or something?" Woohyun pondered as he pushed himself into a sitting position.
 
"What the hell did you guys do!" The familiar voice of honey and daisies echoed. The voice was laced in spider webs and fire that could smolder a town to ashes. The voice was dense yet out of control like it belong with a man woman on a rampage for vengeance.
 
She stepped through the entrance, her eyes black as night, and rage was clearly relevant in her face. Something had taken a hold of her insides and was gnawing at them. All up her intestines, sinking its claws into the meat of her stomach. Something was terribly wrong and they could all sense it.
 
"Hello to you to Park Chorong. I see you're a fast learner." Woohyun responded, speaking of her ability to control her powers so quickly, as he pulled himself up from his sitting position. She glared at him with piercing chocolate eyes. Eyes cold and distant. Eyes angry yet scare. He smirked. She could be cool and collected, she could embody the furious retribution of an angel, she could be witty and impossibly charming, and she could be raw and vulnerable and so human.
 
Humanity. Maybe that was her weakness. Chorong could be amazing, stunning, beautiful... immortal, if not for her humanity. Then again, what the hell did he know of humanity and beauty?
 
"What happened?" Hoya asked. He remained calm and collected, a typical appeal of his which Woohyun had realized for many centuries now, was as fake of a mask as Hitler pretending to be a saint.
 
"You." She pointed eyes glaring towards Woohyun and Woohyun alone. "You told me when you guys leave he would leave with you. He didn't. He didn't leave." She announced in frustration and rage.
 
Ears quickly lit up and eyes flashed opened. "Him?" Myungsoo asked from the corner of the room, by a glass wall where a symphony of melodious music produced by birds and animals of all kinds called out to him.
 
"Him. Jonghyun." She answered as the name spilled off her lips and entered the air like a poison that had been released, it was a man eating disease, a swine that met no end of its agony.
 
"How do you know of that name?" Hoya asked, his voice and tone was stone serious and threaten.
 
"How can I not know the name of the man that took Eunji?" She questioned like he was a child asking her what number came after six. She blinked and in an eye she felt a swung of wind brush by her sending her back a few steps as she tumbled on her own feet.
 
She felt two other waves blow pass her. She blinked, then turn around to find Hoya crushed against the wall, his skull leaving a deep imprint in the cracked wall. Both Myungsoo and Woohyun were holding him back.
 
Chorong caught a quick glance at Hoya’s eyes, and she was more than scared. His eyes were pure black, but that wasn’t what scared her. His eyes looked like a cage monster was struggling to come out. His eyes were bleeding with anger and vehemence. He growled shaking Myungsoo’s arm away from him, baring  sharp canine teeth.
 
Every bone in his body fighting to be  released by his brothers, his face no longer belong to someone who kept a calm and collect mask, but now to a man bent on revenge. He escaped Myungsoo’s hold only to be grabbed from behind from Woohyun, he managed to throw the taller male off causing Woohyun’s back to slam against the back wall. Myungsoo tried grabbing Him again, only to be kicked back towards the door.
 
They were moving so fast their movements looked like speeding lights of colors. Chorong narrowed her eyes as she took several steps back from the scene. She was in awe and terrified at the scene.
 
She closed her eyes, focusing only on Hoya’s presence. She pushed all her strength into her mind and when she reopened her eyes she found him on the ground screaming in agony as Woohyun and Myungsoo stared at her with wide eyes. Hoya was in an excruciating moment of torment that his body was not equipped to handle. His mind felt like it was being burned and every cell in his head was hitting against his skull.
 
Somehow he managed to pick himself up from the floor and make it halfway to the door before Myungsoo slammed him towards the wall.

“Calm down.” Myungsoo ordered to Hoya who was struggling to free himself. Hoya screamed in frustration as the pain growing in his head slowly dead down. Chorong had caused the pain, he knew it was her. She wasn’t the first witch to do that, nor will she be the last.
 
“Care to explain what happened?” Woohyun asked turning his shoulder at Chorong who stood like a frozen statue just turned to stone by Medusa. Her eyes were wide, opened and her skin pale as milk.
 
“I should ask you the same question.” She replied camouflaging her distress with a composed mask of fakeness. Hoya hissed, now wasn’t a time for her to stop playing games.
 
“Chorong.” He called her name in a commanding tone, his teeth still visible and his eyes still solid black, catching her attention. “What the hell happened?” He questioned only they all knew it was more of a demand.
 
“Eunji’s gone. She has been seen since yesterday.“ Chorong replied. She was worried, it was obvious in her eyes and how they began to slowly well up with tears, yet she could never allow for them to spill.
 
“And how do you know of Jonghyun?” Hoya asked. She bit her bottom lip and her eyes inspected the three of them, looking from one to another like there was something at the back of her ready to drag her to hell.
 
“Because he took her.” She reacted in a mere whisper, yet she knew they all could hear her clearly. She didn’t forget about the super hearing that vampires had.
 
“And how do you know he took her?” Hoya asked, and still it was more like a demand than a question.
 
“Because I saw it in my dream.” She answered calmly though everything inside of her was a twisting storm on a rampage of mass destruction.
--
Myungsoo couldn’t believe he was returning to Seoul once more. This time, more excited than the last. This time, he had something he didn’t have the last time. This time, he had someone waiting for him.
 
“You never told us how you managed to track us.” Woohyun questioned as he glared at Chorong who sat in the back seat of the flashy car he was driving. Myungsoo was seated next to her and Woohyun’s sudden question had awoken him from his daydreams. Myungsoo’s eyes turned to the witch to find Chorong looking at Woohyun, Woohyun’s eyes were diverted to her and Myungsoo could see this through the rearview mirror.
 
“You guys aren’t the best at hiding.” She answered. The answer was a disappointment since she revealed no information of her she found them, but Myungsoo knew Woohyun was satisfy with the answer due to the smirk that appeared on his face.
 
Hoya on the other hand stared straight ahead, eyes cold and anger visible on his face. He hadn’t moved an inch since they got in the car and nearly six hours ago.
 
“So, who is this Jonghyun and why the hell does he had Eunji? What’s he going to do with her?” Chorong asked. Her mind had been filled with questions bugging to be answered since she found the three. She felt Woohyun and Myungsoo exchanged wary looks and she knew this wasn’t good.  Every bone in her body was laced with titanium as she knew a iceberg was to be thrown onto her at any possible moment.
 
“Jonghyun was my brother.” Myungsoo answered. Chorong’s eyes widen and everything in her brain spung. Brother?
 
“You have a brother?” She questioned. His response was a quick nod. Naeun had once told her Myungsoo had no family, his parents and his noona were dead.
 
“I thought everyone Kahi turned was killed?” She asked. She heard Woohyun snickered at her questions, but she was too preoccupied to care about anything he did at this point.
 
“He wasn’t turned by Kahi.” Myungsoo answered, his eyes looked outside the car window watching as the murky scenery passed by. The grass was dead by this time of the year. The once colorful shades of leaves that eloped the world was now dead mashes of materials. The wind was chilly and cold and the sky was a gloomy shade of grey that painted the skies.
 
“He was turned by a vampire. One we never met, one whose name we never learnt.” Myungsoo answered. “But all I know is that he’s angry. And he’s angry at me.” Myungsoo responded.
 
Chorong huffed. If Jonghyun was upset at Myungsoo, why take Eunji. She had no part  in any of this. She didn’t even know what was going on. Eunji was basically pushed down a bunny hole and was now stumbling blind in the world of Wonderland.
 
“He took Eunji because he knew that’ll get us back to Seoul. Seoul was where it started for us. I guess it’s where it should end.” Myungsoo said as if he could read Chorong’s thoughts. She sniffed. She hated how they could read her so easily. Or maybe it was the fact that they were centuries old that they had long recognized the emotions humans went through in times of dire need.
 
“Why not Naeun?” She whispered, through she wished it was either of her best friends that were taken. Jonghyun’s actions didn’t make sense, Myungsoo was clearly in love with Naeun. Not Eunji.
 
“Because she’s a Son, that’s the freaking reason why!” Hoya answered for Myungsoo. His voice was thick in anger and Chorong felt as if he had a vendetta against Naeun. Those were the first words he spoke in the last six hours and she felt each word spilling off his tongue cut into her skin like knives. It didn’t make sense. What did Naeun being a Son have to do with any of this.
 
“Her blood is special to him. It’s make give him more strength. More strength than the average vampire. He’s waiting until he needs his strength before he…” Woohyun trailed off when he noticed how Chorong’s eyes sadden at his comment.
 
“Before he kills her.” Chorong whispered as her eyes fell into the floor of the car.
 
“I’m not letting that happen through.” Myungsoo confirmed strongly. Chorong knew that Myungsoo was going to do everything he could to keep Naeun alive. She also knew Hoya was going to do everything possible to keep Eunji alive.
 
“He’s been circling around Seoul for a while now. We weren’t sure through, not until your father was attacked.” Woohyun revealed. Chorong’s eyes widen when she remembered that night. It was the same night the book had mysteriously appeared in her room. The same night Woohyun had shown up inside her room. That was the night he realized there were other vampires in town aside from the three of them. The night before they left.
 
“How does Son blood make him stronger?” She asked. Questions were forming so fast in her mind her lips couldn’t move fast enough to spill them.
 
“He was created by Son blood. “ Woohyun answered. Chorong felt her stomach tightens and her lungs slowly closed in on her. Then like a lighting bolt has thrown across the sky something in her mind clicked like polar poles.
 
“Kahi didn’t die because of an animal attack did she?” Chorong asked, and his question she didn’t want an answer too. She already knew the answer. “Her parents didn’t die because of an animal attack either.” She added. She remembered Mr. and Mrs. Son. Naeun’s parents.
 
She remembered there deaths. The news reporters and doctors claimed it was an animal attack because that was the only reasonable explanation to how they died.  It made sense to her now, through she wished it didn’t.
 
“Are you okay?” She heard Woohyun asked as her eyes remained fixed on the ground. She could feel him burning razors to her even through she knew his eyes never left the road.
 
“How the hell are we going to tell her this?” Chorong mumbled, more to herself than the three.
--
 
Naeun found herself impounded at the police department. The world felt like it was being played in fast motion. People came and go as they pleased. Everyone was struggling to find Eunji. The phone ranged at an constant non stop. Each ring brought a piece of hope that Eunji was found but was quickly shut off like a light stitch.   
 
Naeun let her fingers dance on the corner of her jeans. She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them. Her eyelids fluttered like the wings of a butterfly as the light hit her eyes.   
 
Worry cries and panicked voices along with calming soothing and hushed hopes filled the air. Naeun wanted to go look for Eunji like the others, but Chorong’s father had insisted that she stay at the police department. He didn’t want her wondering in the woods either.   
 
She was going to sneak out, but found a guard attached to her for the remainder of the night. Eunji’s mother had broken down hours ago. Her father was pretending to act strong, he was giving Mrs. Jung hope, insisting that EUnji must had wondered off and gotten lost. 
 
Mr. Jung was doing everything in his power to find Eunji. He was the Sheriff after all and Naeun could tell he was making the whole town search for his precious daughter.    
 
The woods traveled for miles in Seoul and if one didn’t know the surroundings they could end up lost for days. Naeun knew the woods through. She knew it like the back of her hand. Her father had taught her everything she knew about the woods.   
 
What would had father had done in a situation like this, she questioned. What would her mother had done? She turned her eyes towards Mrs. Jung. She felt a weight of ice falling on her when she saw the woman cry. Naeun bit her bottom lip to repress her own tears.   
 
“Mrs. Jung.” She called tot he woman as she stood up from the chair she was sitting in for the past hour. She walked over to the woman and sat down beside her. She grabbed her hand and held it tight. Somehow that had brought comfort to the woman.   
 
“Thank you dear.” She whispered to Naeun. Naeun nodded and only now realized that Eunji’s mother had the same eyes as Eunji. She also had the same nose through Eunji’s singing ability was passed down from her father.   
 
“She’s going to be okay. Eunji must’ve wondered off somewhere. It’s nothing to wonder about.” Naeun said, she was trying to calm not only Eunji’s mother, but herself. God she hoped Eunji was okay. Naeun already knew something was wrong. Something magically wrong. If not for that, Chorong would had never left.   
 
Chorong said nothing to her. She had somehow convinced her father, through Naeun had already assumed she used magic to make him agree to let her go, and was gone like the wind.  She knew something was wrong. Something Chorong didn’t want her to worry about. The thing was, this only made Naeun worry more.   
 
When someone you care about tell you not to worry, you only worry more. That’s because you care. That’s because you don’t want the world to fall down on you or the ground beneath you to collapse like pebbles.   
 
Naeun had gone to Chorong’s room a few hours ago. She knew Chorong was up to something. She was doing witchcraft. There were different types of plants and ingredients laying in the corner of Chorong’s room. A map was laying there along with crystals and other materials. Naeun sighed praying Chorong knew what she was up to.
 
“What how could this happen?” One of the officers asked catching Naeun’s attention as her eyes darted towards him. He spoke so loudly half the room turned to him. He exclaimed in frustration. “ A boy went missing ten minutes ago. Lee Sungjong.” He announced and Naeun felt agitation slowly grow inside of her stomach chewing at her skin.   
 
“Mrs. Jung.” A woman called. She was a secretary here. Naeun felt the world plunge down into it’s depths. She felt her lungs explode prompting to clamp shut and her lungs to hold all the oxygen found inside its walls captive, her mind had shut itself off at this point and her tears that she had been holding back spilled down her skin.   
 
“They found your daughter’s body. She’s gone.”