.19

Blood. Life. Love. Us

She felt her body burning from inside out, she felt alive. She felt her dry throat burning. She felt so parched. Her was pounding against her skull as she was elope in jet blackness. Her body felt paralyzed. None of her limbs moved no matter how hard she tried to move them.   
   
Her eyes shot open and everything in the world seemed different. It was all the same, but she felt like everything was in high quality. Colors were more vivid, the details of even the smallest objects were clearer. Everything was clearer, her senses were heighten to new extremes.   
   
She tried grabbing something to pull her body up but someone stopped her. She felt a pair of warm hands helps support her weight.   
   
Her head flung around but everything was still a blur to her. All she could comprehend was that she was thirsty. was dry and closing up and vocal cords were begging a drink.   
   
Blood. She wanted blood. There was a dire thirst within her begging for blood.   
   
"Eunji. Eunji-ah." She felt someone call her name and she already knew the owner of that voice. Chorong.   
   
As much as she wanted to reach out to Chorong, she couldn't. Everything in her head was like a tornado spinning through a maze, her eyes were burning and her body felt like it was set on fire.   
   
"What's happening?   
   
"Its the transition."

--   
   
"It was the beginning of the 16th century. Jonghyun and I, along with our noona, Taeyeon were the children of a blacksmith. He was my hyung, I sort of followed him everywhere. We were close. We were so closed. That was until it all changed." Myungsoo began. Chorong sat quietly in the corner of the room. The fire place was lit, warmth consumed the room. Her phone was vibrating non stop from all the calls she was receiving. All of hell was breaking loose in town, but she didn't care.   
   
"I didn't want it to be another one of those sad love dramas. Those predictable stories of love and lost. But it was." Myungsoo added. He was staring into the fireplace. His eyes were dancing in the fire.   
   
Woohyun stood in the corner of the room. Staring blankly at Myungsoo and occasionally moving his eyes to Chorong. Hoya was in the adjacent room with Eunji who was in transition. She had been warned that it would be safer for her to be away. The transition was agonizing and painful.   
   
"I didn't even know how it happened, but it did. It was before all this happened. Before Kahi and the killing, the bloodshed, the death. It was back when things were normal." Myungsoo continued in his story. Suddenly something clicked inside Chorong's head. Something that made sense to Jonghyun's fury and vengeance towards his brother.   
   
"You fell in love."   
   
"With the same girl too. Her name was Jung Sooyeon. An ancestor of Eunji actually. And she was the town beauty. Gracious and beautiful. She was carved out of marble and glass. But her heart was dark and sinister. If only we realized it then we could had saved all the heartache.   
   
Sooyeon fell in love. With both of us. She fell in love with the Kim brothers. But it was never love, I've come to realize that after several centuries. Sooyeon loved being in charge. She loved toying with us for her own personally games. And we allowed her too. She pinned brother against brother. It wasn't love for her, it was a game. We asked to pick, to pick which brother, but she didn't. Not because she couldn't but because she didn't want to. She was selfish." Myungsoo stated. Chorong saw something in his eyes when describing this woman. Hatred. Pure angry hatred.   
   
"Then Kahi's love was kill and she went on the a rampage. You know the story of course. We turned. She turned us. She turned Sooyeon." Myungsoo explained.   
   
"Wait. Sooyeon was one of the vampires?" Chorong exclaimed. She was falling deep into their history. History was a dangerous thing. Chorong didn't easily believe in history. The victors told the stories, and those stories are often twisted into webs of lies. But Myungsoo's story was so real, so sincere, she believed every word.   
   
"Jonghyun wasn't turn. Sooyeon made her choice; me. But that as only because she knew Jonghyun would begin to rot through the passing of time. She picked me because Jonghyun wasn't the same as us. Jonghyun went mad. That was when this 'name less vampire' appeared. He offered Jonghyun the immortal gift, and being the love struck idiot by hyung was, he took it."   
   
"But I thought Sooyeon died along with all the others?" Chorong questioned.   
   
"She did. But we weren't killed. Neither was Jonghyun. But no one was aware of this. They all assumed Jonghyun was killed when the vampires Kahi turned went on a wild rampage."   
   
"Jonghyun was heartbroken. He was angry, upset, furious. And he had no where to turn his anger. So he turned it onto me. He was mad she choose me, he was mad that she died, he was mad that I didn't save her. When he found out we were only alive because of Son Dongwoon, he Dongwoon dried. His blood became the sealed that confirmed Jonghyun's immortality." Myungsoo explained, finishing his story. That was why Son blood was valuable to him. It kept his strength intact. Chorong didn't say anything. No one spoke, for a long time.   
   
"He...he is doing all this because of a girl you both thought you loved centuries ago?" Chorong asked softly. Myungsoo nodded. He turned to face her. He looked like he had disappointed everyone, and most of all, himself.   
   
"Love can make someone mad." He adjured before turning and leaving the room. His body moved like the wind and with the blink of the eyes, he was gone.   
   
"Such a shame isn't it." Woohyun cerebrated after a moment of silence. He took a step towards her. She remained still in the chair she was seated in. Her eyes locked with the burning wood.   
   
"Its funny. What love can do to people. It turned Jonghyun hyung into a....a monster." Woohyun orated softly.   
   
Chorong didn't know though. She didn't know how it felt, for she had never been in love.   
   
"Were you ever? You know...in love?" She contemplated looking up to him.   
   
"Yes. Plenty of times actually. I am four hundred years old remember. " Woohyun replied. Chorong rolled her eyes. She had forgotten who she was speaking to.   
   
"I stay away from humans, they expire too swiftly. But my longest relationship didn't even manage to last a millennium. Her name was Han Seungyeon. She was a vampire turned in the late 1400s. She was actually an acquaintance of Park Gyuri, your ancestor. Though I never learned how they met. Seungyeon was at least two centuries when they met. "   
   
"What happened to her?" Chorong asked.   
   
"We were together, 52 years. Hey, at least we had our golden anniversary right. It didn't last. Last I heard she was traveling in Eastern Europe. It was a mutual agreement when we separated. But it taught me a lesson; don't fall in love. Trust me, I've been there, its painful and pointless and overrated."   
   
Woohyun then turned his shoulder around as if making sure their conversation wasn't heard.   
   
"But at the mentioning of your anestor, Park Gyuri, did that book of yours tell you anything about special vampires?" Woohyun questioned. His voice was light and airy but Chorong knew he had deep intentions hidden behind his poker face.   
   
"My book? No. And what does this have to do with Gyuri?" Chorong asked, slenderizing her eyes to the black haired vampire.   
   
He shrugged. "It has everything to do with her. She once told me, she was drunk actually and her words spill easier when she's out of it. Now that I think of it Jiyeon was the same and so was-"   
   
"Get to the point." Chorong necessitated. She didn't need a history lesson of her own wiccan ancestors.   
   
"Gyuri once told me that there are certain vampires that can not be killed like the rest of us. Vampires that were made differently." Woohyun stated. He sounded doubtful yet determine. It was two emotions that weren't supposed to fit together.   
   
"Take us for example. Unlike normal vampires who are made through death and blood, we were made of magic. Sadly that makes us weaken in certain areas such as our speed and strength. But our emotions aren't amplified like the rest of them. You can say we're not as biploar." Woohyun stated. Chorong looked at him oddly. Where was he going with this?   
   
"You're probably wondering where I'm going with this...I'm just telling you. Look in that book of yours. Gyuri said that it held so many secrets. Secrets Gyuri couldn't read."   
   
"What do you mean she couldn't read it?"   
   
"You saw it yourself. The book changes. Normal spell books, no matter how powerful, don't do that. Trust me, I've seen my share of witches spell books. Your book is special. That book of yours can only be read by the strongest of witches. Gyuri, no matter that I think, wasn't as strong as you. And that kind of scares me because Gyuri was scary enough as it was. Gyuri was... One in a million. A force of nature. Like a one-woman Michael Bay movie, only with good acting. She had the soul of Queen Elizabeth, Catherine the Great, and Lady Gaga all wrapped up inside her. It makes me wonder what you can do."   
   
"Just a word of advice. Take a look in that book of yours." He said before his eyes suddenly shifted into a dark shade of night. His face became stone cold and hard. Chorong already knew something was wrong.   
 --   
   
"Naeun! Oh god, Naeun! Look at me!" Myungsoo screamed to the girl. Her fragile body was wrapped around his strong arms. He was shaking her, hoping it would snap her out of this trance. Naeun laid there like a broken doll. Her eyes were dark and lifeless. There was no emotion in them. Her skin was pale like the snow that surrounded them. She stared at him, her eyes didn't blink. They held nothing. It was like her soul had been out. He was surrounded by the woods. They were deep within the woods, a world of white wonderland surrounded him. He had stepped out of the mansion for a second when he caught her scent. It brought him here, it brought him to her.   
   
"Hello brother." A sickening and familiar voice called to him. Myungsoo looked up at him. He was dressed in all black in the mist of the white snow. His hair the color of amber. His eyes were different. They didn't belong to a human anymore. There was no love, care, no humanity left in him. Myungsoo couldn't even recognized the vampire, his brother.   
   
"Hyung, what did you do?" Myungsoo demanded. Jonghyun laughed. A deep, obnoxious uproar of pure mirth echoed through the palace as he clutched onto his stomach in attempt to appease the gentle ache forming in his gut.   
   
"I'm only doing what you did to me Myungsoo. You took Sooyeon away from me. I'm returning the favor." Jonghyun replied.   
   
"This isn't right hyung."   
   
"Isn't right? Myungsoo of all the things we did, this is the one you say isn't right. If I’m going to Hell anyways, I might as well earn my seat." Jonghyun shot back to the raven hair vampire kneeling on the ground, his arms wrapped around the dear girl.   
   
"I should had killed her. She was dying for it. She was a broken mess. She had no strength left in her. It was so easy to tamper with her mind. To mess with her thoughts, turning them against her. Playing with her guilt, her emotions. That witch of yours was my target, but I forgotten how fast Park witches pick up the craft. She was beyond me the time you three left. But that left me with sweet Naeun. Left just like how you and Sooyeon left me." Jonghyun said. His voice was sharp, his tongue sharper, his words were dripped with poison and bloodshed.   
   
"Sooyeon and I didn't leave. None of it was up to us. It was all above us." Myungsoo reminded. But he knew his words fell on death ears. Jonghyun had his own version of the story. The story that had been twisted with fantasies and lies.   
   
"Save it." He demanded through grinned teeth. He speed forward, ready to attack his younger brother when a force of nature threw him back. His back hit against the trunk of a old pine tree. That didn't keep him down though. He stood back up to find Nam Woohyun and the witch. Her arm was still in mid air, her eyes fell on him. Hatred and pain were visible in her dark irises before she blink, pulling her arm down and focusing her attention on Naeun.   
   
"Naeun, what's wrong with her?" Chorong asked. She bend over and shook Naeun, getting no response. Jonghyun smirked to himself before he speed forward again. This time his target was Woohyun. He dashed forward, launching himself at Woohyun. He grabbed Woohyun's jacket, pulling the man back until his back slammed against the tree, breaking it in the process. Jonghyun was then thrown back against the snow. He looked up to find Woohyun, glaring back at him. Woohyun was baring his razor sharp teeth, his eyes black as night. Woohyun jumped him, slamming him against the snow.   
   
"What the hell did you do Jonghyun?" Woohyun commanded pinning him down.   
   
"Is that any way to treat your old friend?" Jonghyn questioned as he pushed his leg up, hitting Woohyun, sending him back a few meters. He was stronger than Woohyun. He was stronger than all of them. A vampire's strength is determined by their age, but Jonghyun was the same age as them, give or take a few days or so. But he was created through blood. Not out of magic like the three. Blood made him stronger than them.   
   
He dashed forward, attacking Woohyun. He pinned the younger boy to the ground, and finding a random fallen tree branch on the ground he stabbed it into Woohyun's shoulder.   
   
Woohyun winced in agony before he managed to throw a punch at Jonghyun. Jonghyun was suddenly thrown off Woohyun. Myungsoo glare down at Woohyun. Grabbing the wooden branch he pulled it out of Woohyun's shoulder. Woohyun groaned in pain before snapping back up. Red blood covered his jacket and drops of crimson had spilled onto the contrasting palette of the white snow.   
   
Jonghyun stood up and eye the two friends. A smirk appeared on his face before he dashed at them, only to fall on his knees when a rush of pain spread throughout his brain.   
   
"Chorong, what are you doing?" Woohyun groaned, falling to his knees. Chorong stood next to Naeun's body, her eyes wild with fear as she saw all three in pain. That wasn't her intention. She finally pulled back the pain she was causing. Jonghyun glared up at her, his teeth visible and clear before he run off. His image was a blur.   
   
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." She began only to be cut off when Myungsoo rushed over to Naeun, picking her body up, and caressing her in his arms.   
   
"We have to get back to the house." Myungsoo said to the two before he disappeared.   
   
Chorong didn't have time to think before she felt Woohyun's arms wrap around her waist as he pulled her into his chest and follow Myungsoo.   
   
It took only a matter of minutes before the two were surrounded by the familiar furniture. Hoya rushed out. His eyes wide in shock.   
   
"What happened?" He asked eyeing Naeun's stone-like figure.   
   
"I, I don't know." Myungsoo murmured softly. His eyes were filled with emotion. Shame. Guilt. Worry. Anger. And most of all, compassion.   
   
"Get her to one of the spare rooms." Hoya commanded and in a whoosp, Myungsoo was gone.   
   
"Where? Where did he go?" Chorong asked. She was worry about Naeun. When she saw Naeun it was like she was staring at a ghost. There were no emotions in Naeun's face, her eyes were blank orbs of brown. she didn't speak, she didn't respond to questions. Naeun was lost.   
   
"She'll be fine. He just took her to one of the extra rooms." Hoya replied. "Can someone tell me what happened? I sensed Jonghyun's presence." Hoya asked. His cold eyes jumping back and forth between the two.   
   
"I'll tell you later." Woohyun mumbled.   
   
"Eunji! How's Eunji?" Chorong asked, worried about her other best friend. Hoya looked down. His eyes falling onto the marble floors.   
   
"Hoya, what's wrong?" Woohyun questioned nervously.   
   
"Something's not right. Her transition isn't normal. I think there was blood in her system before she died." Hoya stated. Chorong then remembered one of the officers speaking the night before. It was right before they took Eunji's body. There was another missing boy. He had disappeared before Eunji, and came stumbling back speaking in incoherent phrases as if his mind was tamper with.   
   
"Lee Sungjong. He went missing a little after Eunji did only he returned. Unharmed, physically. Though I doubt his mental state is stable."   
   
"Lee. Lee Sungjong." Woohyun repeated the name. Emphasizing the surname.   
   
Something in Hoya's head clicked as realization hit him. Hoya brought his wrist up to his mouth, his sharp teeth cut into the skin of his wrist, letting crimson blood pour out before speeding away.   
   
"I don't understand." Chorong mumbled. There was so much she didn't understand. She turned to face Woohyun and noticed the blood covering his leather jacket.   
   
"You're hurt." She exclaimed.   
   
"It healed. Vampires and their super healing remember." He reminded her. She nodded. There was still something on her mind, something that didn't make sense.   
   
"Earlier. When I tried to-"   
   
"Witchy ju-ju my head. You know, the fun one where my brain bursts into flames. Not the best experience." Woohyun interpreted. Chorong rolled her eyes at him.   
   
"That’s me giving you an aneurysm. Your blood vessels go pop. But you heal quickly, so I do it over and over and-."   
   
"Okay, I don't need a lesson in the anatomy of vampires. Just what happened?" Woohyun questioned as he began pacing back and forth. He didn't like this situation. This was the situation he wanted to avoid. Hence his desire to leave town. But sadly, they stayed. Now they had a soon-to-be new born vampire, a raging 400 vengeful vampire brother, a spell-bound girl who keeps losing everyone she loved, a teenage witch, and two love sick brothers. Yeah, there was a reason why Woohyun wanted to leave.   
   
"It was only supposed to happen to Jonghyun, I don't know what happened. It was like he amplified it to you two." Chorong said. It was the only reasonable explanation in her mind.   
   
"Yeah. Jonghyun has that effect on things. Remembered when I told you to look in that book of yours. You should."   
   
--   
   
He laid her body onto the bed. He pulled the cotton blanket over her. He stared down at her beautiful face. She looked the same, yet so different. Her face was as perfect as a marble Grecian goddess. Her soul, a dam that was holding back a river of red.   
   
He leaned closer to her. His warm chocolate eyes met with her cold, icy honey eyes. He felt like he had just drowned a kitten. He was suddenly filled with guilt. It overtook his entire body, it ate at him like a virus. A virus that was going to decode, unwrapped and shattered every bit of strength within him.   
   
He brought his face to her, he pushed the stray strands of locks away from her face. "Naeun, if you can hear me, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for leaving you." He whispered, letting his eyes fall down.   
   
"I'm so sorry for leaving you." He whispered. He could feel wet drops of tear fall down his face. He felt like he had disappointed her, left her, betrayed her. He felt like a coward who ran when he should had stayed and fight.   
   
"Myungsoo." He heard her voice. His eyes shot open and he lifted his head to look at her. He hadn't heard her speak for so long. He held in a sob. His shaking hands covered his mouth as the dam inside threatens to break, drowning them all in a sea of red.   
   
"Naeun." He whispered as he watched her eyes flicker. Her orbs move towards him. She stared at him, love was filled in her eyes. There was hope, light, compassion.   
   
His heart felt like it had been set into a bliss of love. He felt every cell in his body come live. She stared at him for a moment, she smiled. And he realized he had missed her smile. Fire erupts from inside and it warms him up wholly.   
   
He grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her upper body forward, crushing her lips against his. Her lips were soft like last time. He felt her kiss back, her lust just as his. He broke away and began kissing a trail of butterflies kisses along her collar as he counted her breaths.  
   
He had missed her, oh how he missed her. He should had never left her to begin with. He looked up to her face, her cheeks a crimson rose, she was brushing. She looked adorable.   
   
He leaned in once again and pressed a soft kissed against her lips. He pulled away, and she blinked.   
   
It was the strangest thing. In a blink of the eye something changed inside of her. He could feel it when she pushed his body away. Her eyes were wild in fear.   
   
"Stay the hell away from me you monster!" She shouted. He was frozen in his spot. What just happened?   
   
"Naeun, I-"   
   
"No. Stay away from me!" She screamed as she skipped out of the bed. She smashed her back against one of the walls. She eyed him, and this time he didn't see Naeun at all. Sure she was moving, speaking, thinking, but there was no trance of warmth in her.   
   
He took a step towards and was met with a lantern she had picked up on the counter.   
   
She had become a raging storm, tearing the room into pieces, every object in sight was a possible victim to her wrath. She ripped the curtains, throwing them on the ground, broke the glass vase. Everything she touch she annulled.   
   
"What the hell." Woohyun exclaimed. He had heard the commotion and wanted to see what was going on.   
   
"Naeun!" Chorong bawled appearing next to Woohyun. Her eyes were shock at the scene. Myungsoo stood like a statue as she wreck the room.   
   
"Naeun." Woohyun spoke stepping towards her. She had the same reaction she did with Myungsoo. This time, it was a flower pot that was thrown at Woohyun. He dodged it effortlessly. He took five move fast steps towards her. He looked her in the eye and he could already tell something was wrong. Someone was messing with Naeun's head. And his best guess was on Jonghyun.   
   
"You're tired. You want to sleep." He ordered using his completion on her. Her eyes were charcoal, almost fraudulent for a human. He had to try to tap into her head, which was camouflaged behind layers and layers of masks and facades. The girl's head was quite difficult to get into. He wondered how Jonghyun did it.   
   
Naeun nodded unknowingly as she followed his directions. Slowly her dopey eyes fell, her body began to tremble over and she fell into Myungsoo's arms. He looked at her, there was no emotion in his eyes. Only love and worry.   
   
"What's going on?" Chorong examined softly from the door.   
   
"That's a good question."