.05

Blood. Life. Love. Us

"So, first he analyzes you, which I had to agree with, he was totally right on, then the two of you end up having a pleasant long decent conversation about your parents, life and whatever else." Chorong put two and two together. Her hands waving in the air as her voice filled with hysteria at what her friend had just told her. Naeun shyly nodded in agreement. 
 

"I like his new guy." She blurted out in fickleness with a big goofy smile. 
 

"Of course you will, he's like you, blunt, honest, and kind of strange." Eunji bugged in. All three girls were in the Son kitchen. Today, unlike yesterday was one of those days to stay inside. The sky drew a charcoal complexion of grey cascading all the light and glow of those warm fall days away. The air was cool and silent as the leaves were picked up and danced in the strong wind. 
 

It was funny how much the weather could change in mere hours, one minute it's warm and sunny, accepting with open arms. The next its closed off from anyone and everyone, running into isolation. 
 

"Like I said, all of them are kind of strange. Especially that Woohyun." Chorong admitted, placing her elbow on the counter, her chin leaning against it as she pouted. 
 

"Why, I thought you two were all 'buddy-bud'?" Naeun asked grabbing one of her bag on the table. 
 

"I mean. He's hilarious, nice, and easy to talk to, but that doesn't me he doesn't bug me in some odd way." 
 

"How so?" Naeun asked. 
 

"So earlier today when I was grabbing some breakfast as the diner. I ran into him. I swore the oddest thing happened....... 
 

"Bye unnie." Hayoung waved good-bye. Chorong turned around to return the gesture. The place was quiet, only three or four voices were heard. Stepping through the double doors the wind instantly hit her face sending chills through her body. 
 

A bag of food for her and the other two girls in one hand, her car keys in the other. It was quiet. It was only eight in the morning on a Sunday morning, most of the town was too exhausted from the night before to be up at this hour. Not Park Chorong through. Chorong had always been an early riser. Besides, the early bird gets the worm, right? 
 

The only sounds heard were the clapping of her shoes as they hit against the cement. Her hair flew in the wind and her skin bruised by the chilly air. 
 

"Shoot." She growl as her keys spilled out of her fingers, meters away from where her car was parked. She kneeled down to pick them up, shocked to find a pair of hands beating her to her keys. 
 

Standing back up she looked face to face to Nam Woohyun. Standing in front of her with a child-like grin. 
 

"Dropped your keys." He acknowledged holding her keys out to her. 
 

"I noticed." Chorong shot. "Thanks." She asserted taking her keys from his hand with a small grin appearing on her pink lips. 
 

"I guess I'll see you around Chorong." He smiled as he began walking away. Chorong looked a look back as she turned her shoulders. He had that confident walk with a touch of cockiness. He grabbed all the eyes, or in this case, her eyes. Hands stuffed in his jean pockets. He wore a dark leather jacket and had his black hair groomed perfectly. 
 

Okay so he was y, really y. Chorong had to admit that. Kind, charming, smart, humorous, all the things every girl looked for in a companion. But there was that air about him, the same air Hoya and Myungsoo carried. A mysterious dangerous demeanor that told her to run for the hills. 
 

She sigh letting the thought brush of her mind. Turning around she began to pace back to her car when something caught her eyes. A necklace. 
 

Not just any necklace. It was the unique design that made Chorong stopped. Picking it up she got a better look at it. The pendent was completely made of some kind of silver with a silver chain. On the pendent there was the design of an infinite sign looping around an odd yet unique symbol that caught the dim light of the sun casting a bright glow. Chorong thought the symbol looked strangely familiar. As if she had seen it somewhere in a dream. 
 

Turning on her heels she assumed it must've belong to Woohyun as she was positive it was on the ground a moment ago. Her footsteps were quick and quiet. 
 

"Woohyun-shi." She said tugging his shoulder. He was already on the steps of the diner. 
 

"Yes." He asked with that warm smile that turned her tummy into jello. 
 

"I think you dropped this." He alleged holding up the necklace. His eyes met with the object, eyes widen as he wondered how he could had possibly dropped it by accident. 


"Oh, that it mine. Thanks for returning it." He thanked with a bright smile. His smile was contagious as a smile automatically appeared on her face. 
 

Reaching his hand out to grab the necklace his fingers gazed her skin. Chorong's eyes shot black. 
 

Her body froze in place as her senses mysteriously died. Gleams, quick flashes barely distinguished or negligible crossed her sight. Everything else was gone, her capability to move, or even speak. 
 

Fire, burning ashes so firey she could almost feel it blazing her skin. Bodies, bodies of humans laid scattered across a valley of died flowers as the sky roared black, it was soul , dark, pure evil. Blood, and more blood spattered across the ground as the sound of terrified screams blew out her eye drums. 
 

The screams grew louder and louder. They were crying out for help. Torn up bodies laid on the ground as flashes of blurs crossed the paths searching, yearning for more. 
 

It was like seeing a peek of hell. Flashes, more flashes crossed her sight, she couldn't even detect what they meant or what they were. Faces of men flashed before her eyes, they disappeared as fast as they appeared she couldn't even distinguished who the owners were. 
 

"Chorong-shi? Are you okay?" His voice broke through. her mind cleared as her setting slowly turned back to normal. Woohyun stood in front of her with a concern look on his face. They were still standing on the steps of the diner. 
 

"Are you okay?" He repeated seeing how she had zoned out. Chorong's mouth opened, nothing coming out as she was to lost for words. She was still taking in what she had just seen. 
 

"F--Fine. I'm fine." She said back in barely a whisper. Woohyun's eyes narrowed at the girl who looked like she had just saw a ghost. A quick thought crossed his mind before a quick realization picked up in his mind. Hell no. 
 

"I should...get going. The girls are...waiting...for me." Chorong stumbled on her words she she took large steps back. Back away from Woohyun. 
 

"You should." He replied. His tone caught Chorong off guard. The sweet bubbly guy she had known, or barely known, was gone, replaced by a strong cold glare that shook her senses. 
 

She turned her turn, away from him. She felt a strong wind pick up brushing close to her skin. She only took one footstep before turning her shoulder around. Mouth agape as she realized he was no longer standing on the steps of the diner. Strange, she didn't even hear the diner door open. 
-- 

 

"A witch. She's a freaking witch. What's next, werewolves, fairies, ghosts, sirens?" Woohyun growled in frustration pacing back and forth. 
 

"You keeping talking and you'll end up jinxing us all." Myungsoo said back towards his sworn brother. Hoya was staring out at the dark morning sky. He was half listening to the conversation, but he picked up the important parts however. 
 

"I thought that the Park line died down a few centuries back. You guys remember, back in the dark ages when vampires roamed freely killing whoever and whatever they desired for?" Woohyun reminded grabbing a crystal glass cup and pouring himself a drink. 
 

"You know that's not true." Hoya answered. It was the first thing he had said all morning. Not that he had a chance to speak with all of Woohyun's consistent ranting. "You know that every few generation there's always a Park child born with the abilities." Hoya continued giving a history lesson. 
 

"Oh yeah, I remember now. What was it, 100 years ago. Park Jiyeon. As crazy as she was a sweetheart. Say, Myungsoo, didn't the two of you have a fling of some sort. Oh, and how can you forget Park Gyuri noona. How long has it been. Almost two centuries. Gyuri noona was amazing. Didn't you have a thing with her too, Myung?" 
 

"Shut up you idiot." Myungsoo cursed not wanting to relive the lives of the past. 
 

"Okay, I get it. But from past experience. Park Chorong is only going to get even more curious. Trust me, if she has the same genes as Jiyeon and Gyuri she'll dig into it. Ah, curiosity can get you on thin ice." Woohyun growl. 
 

"So will your mouth if you don't shut it." Myungsoo growl. Standing up from the couch and throwing the book he was rereading over over onto the table she stepped out. 
 

"What's wrong with him?" Woohyun asked innocently. 
 

"Pms or something. Just let him go. And you. Relax, so she's a witch. Let her handle it on her own. If she has the same blood as Jiyeon and Gyuri noona she's figure it out on her own. Park women always do." Hoya alleged. 
-- 

 

Naeun scanned through the stacks of books, papers, codes that were dated as far back sine the founding of Seoul. She was currently in the Seoul Library researching up on old original family achieves. Her eyes ricocheted from paper to paper hoping for some odd reason something from the stacks of information will pop up. Stand out like a spattered of red paint in a bare white room. 
 

Chorong and Eunji had left her home, her aunt was one doing her job. Kahi was a reporter, the best reporter in town and another robbery at the other hospital in Seoul had occurred. It was only blood that was taken through. Naeun prayed this wasn't some evil stupid cult's doing. She didn't like her aunt digging her nose in where it didn't belong. But being the reporter that Kahi was, the woman only had to dig deeper. 
 

Her eyes jumped from book to book. The information sink into her head as fast as it left. Naeun sigh, she was getting no where. Standing up from her seat with the books in her hand she walked back towards the isolated stairwell and into the corner of the room. The information of the original families were limited only to the eyes of the families themselves. 
 

No others could were allowed. For this reason Naeun was the only person in the small room. Five large shelves of books stood in her way. Her bookbag on the marble table. Putting the books back in their rightful place the thump of a certain book from behind caught Naeun off guard, causing her to jump up in shock. 
 

"Aish. You're getting paranoid. " She told herself kneeling down to pick up the book. Her eyes widen, mouth opened in awe as she swore she had gone officially crazy. The book opened, my itself. Flipping the pages by itself like magic. Naeun blinked. Twice. 
 

She was losing it. Her hands, suddenly finding a mind of their own moved themselves from her waist towards the book, bringing the book closer her eyes were now as big as golf balls. 
 

Finding the courage to bring the book forward, she squinted her eyes, glaring at the text. She couldn't be any more flabbergasted. Scrunching her eyebrows together in fear and confusion she decided to read. 
 

The page was written about a folk tale. The same folk tale Chorong had told her a few days ago. Through the story had bits and pieces that were different from Chorong's version, the most important parts remained the same. She found herself turning to the next page as she continued reading. 
 

'Eighteen of them turned.' 
 

'It was her curse on them.' 
 

'They shall forever live in their youth, lusting for the flowing beating blood of mankind' 
 

'They fell into the traps. Tortured and Killed.' 
 

Everything in the story was what she had already known. She sigh in disappointment. Turning the pages she disregarded much of the remaining information. That was until her fingers stopped at a certain page. It was a picture. 
 

Dated in the late 60's. It was a picture of a local club that closed down in the mid-90's. Faces of strangers smiled back at her. A few of the faces she knew. They belonged to the oldest faces in Seoul through. Most of them now in their 80's, some in their 90's. 
 

She tilted her head in effort to discover something that confirmed that she was insane. Her eyes flew onto a precise corner of the picture. Through they were bleary she could almost be sure she knew the owner of those faces. 
 

A sense of wicked and total insanity spread throughout her body causing a great deal of numbness and unexplainable logic. Hoping that some kind of reassurance would persuade her mind that this was all a dream or had some logical consequences. Distant families with familiar looks. That was the only logical explanation she could come up with. This picture was taken over 70 years ago. 


The faces of Hoya, Woohyun, and Myungsoo stared back at her. She was so sure it was them, excluding the hairstyles and clothing factors. 
 

Grabbing the book and securing it in her arms she stood up fanatically and speeding towards the table. Grabbing her bookbag she stuffed the book in her bag. Throwing it across her shoulders she froze. A sudden flash of blur crossed her sight. It was quick but she just sure something, or someone was in the room with her. All the hair on her back stood up. 
 

Tugging her bookbag so it was closer to her, reverting her sight towards the closed oak door with the crest symbols of the six original families engraved into them. Flankly, she was calmer than she expected herself to be. She wouldn't thought she would already be halfway back home by now. 
 

Another flash. A drop of a book hitting the ground caught her sight. To say she was scare was an understatement. Another drop of a book as a sudden blow of wind flashed by her skin sending tingling crawls up her spine. 


Running towards the door she turned the knob, all she wanted was to get out of there. Now. 
 

"Ahhh." A squeal left her lips at the familiar figure standing in front of her. A sodden straight face that held little emotion stared back. His eyes scrutinizing her physical features intently. 
 

"You okay?" He asked, his voice warm and husky. she stared at him for a moment, gaining back composure she turned her shoulders back. Everything was as it was, all in place. She narrowed her eyes, something bigger was going on here. 
 

"Naeun-shi." He affirmed again noticing she wasn't replying back. She turned back to face him. His hair was messy and out of place, but none the less he still looked as handsome as ever. She bit on her inner cheek nodding. 
 

"I'm fine." She reply short and blunt trying to sidewalk pass him only to be blocked. 
 

"You sure, you seem kind of jumpy." He asked. He saw her eyes, that look of confusion and fear. Her eyes, until other times were blink, almost empty like her soul had been scared away for some concealed force. 
 

"I'm fine." She answered with a small smirk. She was still trying to get pass him, but him being both taller and larger she found herself stuck. 
 

"Okay, if you say so." He mumbled stepping aside letting her through. She took the chance spilling by and without a second look rushed out of the library. 
 

Myungsoo stared at her figure walk off. His eyes lowered and turn back towards the empty room. Stepping in he felt all his strength and energy vanished. A appalling affliction hammered through his head. Growling in pain he stepped out. 
 

There was a spell casted in the room. A spell which denied him, or any others like him access. There was a witches presence in the room. A witch with a familiar essence, one he had yet to figure yet. 
 

Dashing through the back door, no one else saw him. No one else paid attention. In moments he was back to the the mansion. Blasting through the front door he met eye and eye with Hoya and Woohyun. 
 

"Naeun's on to us." He spoke with confidence. Her reaction, the way she behavior was so out of character. 
 

"What?" Woohyun shot over. They had been in town for barely a week and a mindless small town girl was already on to them. Impossible. He knew coming back to Seoul was a back decision. 
 

"And how would she know?" Hoya shot the question over. Not convinced by Myungsoo's accusation. 
 

"She's been reading up on us. Or us, 400 hundred years ago." 
 

"And how do you know this?" 
 

"Because the second she found the book a spell was casted. No immortal could enter the Original Family Archives Room." 
 

Before Woohyun or Hoya could ask Myungsoo answered there question for them. 
 

"Gyuri noona told me. Two hundred years ago. The room in the library was a witches gathering place. A witch wrote one, and just one spell book of all her knowledge. Her knowledge of power, magic, us. Naeun has that book. She just doesn't know what it really is yet." He answered. recollections of Gyuri's words coming back to him from so long ago. The second Naeun grabbed that book the spell was fully casted. 
-- 

 

Chorong sulked wondering where in the world Naeun could be. The three were supposed to meet up for lunch. Eunji sat quietly across from Chorong texting Namjoo. The two were deciding the theme for this year's homecoming dance. 
 

"Naeun-ah. You're late.....What's wrong?" 
 

Eunji's attention shifted from her phone towards her friend. Her skin was pale and she had that look in her eyes, that look Naeun never showed, the same look she had when her parents died. That hopeless terrified innocence look that killed both Chorong and Eunji. 
 

"I think....I'm going insane." She spoke her voice cracking with terror and fright. Throwing her bag onto the empty seat she took a seat. 
 

"I think....I don't know what I think. But something's wrong. I don't know if it's my head or just my eyes, or is it me. I mean, it's impossible. People, people are who they say they are, and although we all lie, those lies are factors of the truth, but with them. They're different. They're not....not human...." 
 

"Hold on, I lost you the moment you sat down." Chorong briefed trying to understand the whole of the situation. 
 

"I...I was in the Original Family Achieve Room and I think....the oddest thing happened to me." Naeun answered trying to get the other two girls to catch up to her words. Eunji narrowed her eyes in confusion. 
 

"And?" The girl asked still not understanding the circumstance. Naeun grabbed her bag, pulling out the book, an old book with a hard brown cover, nothing written on the cover. 
 

Flipping through the pages Naeun was again shock. "This wasn't in the book earlier. None of this was." She spoke in disbelief. Scanning the pages, words written in Latin stared back. 
 

"What. Let me see." Chorong ordered. She didn't understand what was happening with her friend was she was going to get to the bottom of it. Naeun nodded sliding the book over. 
 

Chorong stared at the words, her hand reaching out to touch the pages. Her fingers ever so gently grazed the page. A horror high-pitched shriek echoed through the room. All three girls covered their ears in discomfort. The shriek grew louder and louder, fast. A scream from another customer in the restaurant could be held as the glass windows rattled and daring to burst. A moment later the glass windows exploded into a million pieces sending glass particles flying about the air. 
 

Screams from the other customers could be held even through the sound of the glass jabbing against the ground. Eunji and Chorong closed their eyes shut in shock. Naeun's eyes stared straight at the book which Chorong had touched a second ago. The image of Hoya, Woohyun, and Myungsoo reappeared back in her head. Something odd was going on, and it was because of them, who were they, no, what were they?