.12

Blood. Life. Love. Us

Perhaps it was the most frightening moment of her life. Perhaps it was a dream, a nightmare of some sort sent to devour her whole. Whatever it was, it was dreadful, it scared her because ti felt so real.

Eunji didn't know, and she didn't think she wanted to. All she was sure was, was that she had flickered her eyes open, the world of light and color descending from the rising sun hit her softly, sending chills of warmth throughout her.

Naeun was seated on the couch by the corner of the room. Her eye lids weary. She was half asleep. Chorong, Chorong was the person who got her nervous. The person who haunted her mind the previous night. The person who her thoughts circled around.

"You're awake." Naeun acknowledge as she sat up. She had a thin blanket placed over her lower body, a pillow at her side.

"Were you sleeping on the couch?" Eunji asked completely out of no where. Naeun nodded. Naeun's eyes were so cold, so scare, so distant, as if they were a million miles away.

"I couldn't sleep in the bed." She responded. Eunji simply nodded.

"Where's Chorong?" She asked. It was the question lingering in her mind, prompting to be answered. She didn't know why, but her nightmare seemed so real, so raw. It felt like every movement in her dream was felt, every scent, every look, every little noise was real. Maybe it was this place, maybe it was her, maybe her head was spinning around and playing tricks with her.

"Ah, Chorong left earlier. You know how she is. She had an errand to run." Naeun replied. There was a tingle of something in Naeun’s voice Eunji couldn’t place her finger on, but she ignored it for now.

"Oh." Eunji nodded. Then her eyes slowly settled on Naeun. Naeun had gotten pale, her skin had white as snow, those honey eyes of hers were drained of life as dark circle marks lined the bottom of her eyes. Naeun looked exhausted, she was exhausted. After everything Naeun had been going through, Eunji couldn’t blame Naeun if she just decided to sleep the whole day.

But Naeun was strong. Stronger than most. Naeun wasn’t going to cry in bed. Naeun was going to continue to fight.

"You're be aright Naeun. You will." Eunji advised. Naeun nodded, god she hoped Eunji was right.
--
The room that they were situated in was small, stone surrounded them at all corners. It felt like a little private cave of isolation, of secrecy.

"She'll be okay, right?" The way formed words sounded so uncertain, so weak. She herself was trying to wrap her mind around what was happening.

"She'll be okay." Myungsoo answered. And just like that all her doubts suddenly disappeared, evaporating into thin air. He was like a cure to her doubts, her worries. Just his voice, speaking assuring words and all fear in her was lost to the winds.

Her eyes landed on Chorong. Her sleeping body laid on a small bed in the corner of the room. She looked like she was in a trance of some sort, a living nightmare eating and consuming her like ravaged beast. Yet, Chorong looked so content, like she was a peace….

"Because of you." He replied. Her eyes widen for that moment. Did she hear wrong? She had to. There was no way Myungsoo could had spoken those words to her. Was she day dreaming this all?

Before she could retort back at his comment something in his eyes glowed. His eyes quickly lost all sense of warmth and comfort as they turned into pitch black. Black as night , cold as winter ice, and drained of all life. She found herself astonished for a moment as she let the sight of his eyes soak in. Never had she seen something so dead, yet so beautiful. Those two orbs of black stared at her before they slowly turned back into the haunting chocolate orbs of warmth.

"Something's wrong with Chorong. We have to go." He warned her. All the muscles in her body tensed up at the mentioning of her friend's name.

She didn’t have time to blink, or more like realize she wasn't blinking because by the time she did, the two of them were standing on the footsteps of the mansion. She felt her head spinning in circles for a moment before she forced it to calm down.

"Come on." He told her as he opened the door leading to a separate wing of the mansion. She was clueless to where she was, but none of those thoughts mattered as long as she found Chorong, and made sure her friend was alright.

"What's wrong with Chorong. Where are we going?' She asked as she followed. Her hand connecting with his. Their fingers intertwining.

"Kahi was a Park. A Park witch. Chorong is also a Park witch." He explained. Naeun furrowed her brows. He wasn't getting any easier to understand, then she remembered, she never really understood him in the first place.

"Park witches are rare. Powerful. Powerful enough to even to connect with the dead, in a spiritual sense." He elaborated.

"Connect with the dead? What? Myungsoo, I don't understand." Naeun confessed. Honestly she wasn't even sure with she completely understood the whole vampire things, now she had to deal with the fact that her best friend was a witch. Her dead aunt was a witch.

"Where were you." Woohyun voice blocked out any of the flowing thoughts that escaped her mind.

"Out."

"Doesn't matter. As long as you're back now. " Hoya responded. He didn't seem interested in anything going on between Myungsoo and Naeun. But he did seem worry, Naeun picked this up.

"When did this happen?" Myungsoo asked. It was moments like these when she hated the fact that the two looked like they could literally run each other's minds. There was a language all three of them shared, one that did not consist of words or terms spoken by the mouths. Maybe 400 years together really did create a bond beyond humanly reaches.

So, here she stood like a thorn sticking out of place. Completely clueless to the happenings around all. Maybe she had been clueless all her life. It only made sense to her. There was so much she didn't know, so much that remained secrets.

"Follow me." Myungsoo instructed. She nodded, closely following the man. He took her to a small room, a room filled with lines of aged grimy books and strange symbols that were drawn onto the old oak tables and around the walls. White candles provided dim lighting to the room. The room felt like a flash back to the middle ages. It held a mystic feel, a sense of floating in air.

There in the corner laid Chorong. She was unconscious and this was the first thing to tug at Naeun's heat strings.

"What happened?" Naeun asked, alarmed as she stepped closer to her friend.

"Don't touch her." Woohyun's voice called out to her. She turned her shoulder to find him slowly stepping out of the shadows. His face held a doomed expression, a lost expression and Naeun saw something dark and sinister in those dark eyes of his. Something Woohyun didn't show often.

"Then tell me that's going on?" She asked. No, she ordered to the three men that stood surrounding her. She grind her teeth, her patience was growing short. She had a weak spot for both Chorong and Eunji. Her motherly instincts picked up whenever the two were in danger.

"She's getting her powers." Woohyun answered for her. Naeun cast him a confused look. A look he was unbothered by as he continued speaking, "-but there's something, no someone, messing around with her powers right now. Something dead." He revealed.

"....I don't understand." Naeun mumbled. It was so soft even she didn't hear the words spill off her lips, but they heard.

"We believe another vampire is messing with her head. We just don't know who." Hoya revealed. They were words of warning, words of reassurance, words of answers. Naeun sighed turning her eyes towards Chorong.

Chorong's skin had a pale complexion, Chorong had gotten thinner, and she had been getting headaches lately, as well as being sick. Naeun felt angry, angry at herself. Her friend was in pain, yet said nothing about it. Of course, just like the typical Chorong.

"Let her rest. She'll wake up in a few hours. You should get some rest to." Myungsoo told her. She nodded, slowly walking away. Her footsteps were soft and slow. She was a dead woman walking.

"Want me to walk with you?" Myungsoo asked. She didn't reply. And he didn't follow. He just watched as she walked away, She looked as dead as night, maybe she was. He couldn't blame her. Naeun needed sleep. Sleep now.

She found Eunji sleeping in bed when she returned to the room. she grabbed a blanket laying by the corner of the bed and a pillow. Walking to the couch she laid down. The blanket providing warmth to her. She didn't close her eyes. She couldn't. She couldn't sleeep. She couldn't breathe. She was so pathetic.

Everything was falling apart, all flying away into space as if all the gravity had been out of the air. She felt hot liquid begin to soak the lower edges of her eyes. She felt her heart tighten around her chest. Something in her told her to return to Chorong's side. Something told her to grab Chorong and Eunji and run, but that voice was completely ignored. But somethign else told her to stay, to sleep. Something told her Chorong would be okay.

"I compelled Eunji to take a walk." Woohyun told the three as he walked into the room.

"You tell her to take a walk. Are you mad? There's supposedly an animal attacking people around here?" Hoya called out to Woohyun. Naeun could see that Hoya had a weak spot for Eunji. Something in him always twitched whenever the mentioning of Eunji’s name came up. His eyes followed her every movement. Eunji however was to dense to notice this. Woohyun rolled his eyes.

"Relax. She's walking around this area. We can keep a watch on her. Besides, she’s only going to start asking questions if she stays. If she goes to town and realizes Chorong isn’t there, we’re screw.“ Woohyun shot back. He walked over to a cabinet, opening it he pulled out a bottle of thick deep red liquid.

"Is that blood?" Naeun asked alarmed before remembering that they were vampires again. Of course they drink blood.

"What else would it be?" Woohyun asked with an amused grin. Naeun shifted her eyes away from her, her eyes falling onto the ground.

"You okay?" Myungsoo asked. He was directly next to her, his scent filling her nose. She hated the tingling feelings she got whenever he was near. It drove her mad because she knew what they meant, but she wasn't ready to this, any of this.

"I need some air." She told him quickly turning around and leaving the room. She could feel the three pair of eyes piercing through her but she paid no attention to them.

The only movement she heard were the movement of her footsteps. They were fast short steps of clumsy messes. She found the nearest balcony and twisted the doors opened. She stepped onto the ledge taking in as much breathable oxygen as her lungs allowed for her to take. The flesh air hitting her gently as the leavings floated and played as they descended from their keepers.

How was she supposed to feel? Shock. Breath taken. Depressed. Terrified. Anxious. Absurd. So many emotions were playing inside of her soul. All doing acrobatic twists, spins, flips, and twirls within her. Her feelings were trying to be decibel into a mystery.

This wasn't supposed to be her life. She wasn't supposed to be living like this. Her best friend was a witch being haunted by a dead vampire. Her family was all gone. Her aunt was a witch, a dead one. A dead witch who turned the three vampires whose house she was currently standing in. And she had feelings for one of them.

This wasn't her life, as least it wasn't supposed to be....but it was her life. She grabbed the roots of her hair, tugging them. What was happening to her world, to her world.

"Hey." That deep husky voice was his called to her. it floated into her ears like the finest music ever created by god. Once again she torn her eyes away from her mind, away from the descending colors of red, orange, and yellow and onto him.

Her eyes landed on him, but his eyes were staring out at something else. The same thing her eyes were locked on moments ago. The beauty of life. Nature at its unscathed, intact, at it's purest qualities.

They didn't speak for a while. They just stared, stared out into space, stare out and wonder, why? Why was life like this. Through both knew that neither of them would receive an answer. Answers were rare, answers that spoke the truth were hard to come by, because most of the time, there were no answers. Just questions that lingered on like wandering men lost in the desserts of time.

"This isn't supposed to be my life Myungsoo." Naeun expressed. It was noticeable. The pain and confusion in her tone Her pain was something he loathed. Something that followed her every step and every move. It haunted her.

"A lot of things aren't supposed to be what they are, but they still exist. They are still real. Live's bull. We just live in it." He told her. She sighed. He was correct. He was so right it hurts.

"How did you know something was wrong?" Naeun asked. She had wondered how he knew something was wrong with Chorong.

"Special abilities, I guess. I can sense others, humans. I can sense there state of mind, I can sense when something is wrong with them. I knew that something was wrong with Chorong. The three of us have been keeping watch on her. Kind of like a telepathy of some sort." He answered. Naeun wasn't sure if she was glad or upset that that vampires were watching her friend.

"What's happening to her?" She asked, nibbling on her lower lip.

"It's just part of the process. With new witches, there's so much power, sometimes they just get out of control. Sometimes there powers get a hold of them. Power corrupts, it eats you up like quicksand, pulling you under. But don't worry. Chorong is strong. Stronger than most people" Myungsoo answered.

Naeun's eyes fell to her fingers. "She's....she's my best friend, Myungsoo. I'm going to protect her. But I can't understand how I'm supposed..." She whispered. Her voice cracking in the process.

"How am I going to protect her, protect Eunji, when I don't even know how to protect myself?" Naeun voiced out. She was so confused, so frustrated. She felt so useless, so pathetic.

Myungsoo turned his eyes towards the beautiful mess standing beside him. His heart ache to see her in pain. All he wanted to do was heal her heart that had been stomped upon and thrown aside.

Was it a crime to care for her? Was it a crime to worry? He didn't know. he had never felt this way for anyone else. All he knew was that he didn't ever want to leave her. But he knew someday he would have to. Someday when life gets in the way, when life begins to age leaving her victim to the power of death, she would leave.

"Naeun-ah. It‘ll be okay. I‘ll be here to protect you." he called out to her. His voice was soft and quiet, but she heard anyways. She turned her shoulder towards him. her eyes were locked with the ground.

She felt her cheeks flushed into a deep shade of red as heat overwhelmed her face. He moved closer to her. Inch by inch, he came towards her. She felt herself taking a step back, another step, two more steps, more steps. Each step she took back, he took two steps up.

She finally stop when she felt the edge of the railing touch her back. She was cornered by him. She dared to look up for half a second. Her eyes met with eyes with such intensity, so much lust, so much love she was overwhelmed.

Then, out of nowhere something in his head clicked. Something inside told him to stop. He took a step back, giving her room to breathe. "I'm sorry, Naeun." He mumbled as he tried to break the tension that was now grown into a full ravaged forest.

"I should get inside." she told him stepping away from him and began making her way inside. She didn't know what just happened, but she never really did.

Was he about to kiss me? She asked herself. She mentally hit herself knowing she was having crazy thoughts. There was no way that was possible. No way at all, right?

Her question was finally answered when she felt strong arms grabbing hold of her waist and turning her around with such a force she crashed into his chest. Her lips crashing with his.

As if electrocuted, her hair stood up in attention. She couldn’t breathe, think, or do. There he was, kissing he. His kiss was gentle, soothing, like he was calculating each swirl his tongue made and how far his lips would part. It was a careful kiss, but she also felt fire erupt inside of her body. His arms held tightly to her waist, her arms thrown around his neck

In on swift movement she found herself, back against the wall, arms locked tightly with his hair. She lost herself completely in him. It was a feeling she didn't know that even existed. A feeling no one could decipher, a feeling of pure bliss.

They were dancing on cloud nine, they were stumbling, falling, feeling. It was all so much, yet so perfect, so right. Her fingers played with his hair as his tongue ravaged every corner of . He was eating her up, and she willingly let him.

"Well finally." A third voice popped in disturbing the moment. Naeun felt herself fall back into reality, she felt her surroundings become more than real. Myungsoo broke the intense kiss, steeping away from the blushing girl.

There stood Woohyun. Arms crossed together with that smirk Naeun was starting to begin to hate. "Chorong's beginning to wake up. We have some explaining to do. So...if you two are, done now." He began. Naeun could hear the amusement in his voice, as well as the stern tone that laced between his words.

Something was bothering him. But to Naeun, this was the least of her worries. God, this was only a small fractional detailed that had suddenly cut into her mess of a life.

She could hear Myungsoo chuckle, but still, she refused to look at him. her eyes remained locked on Woohyun, or more like the surroundings behind Woohyun's head. She didn't know what would happen if she looked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo begin to walk inside, not saying a word to her. She was quite glad because of this too. She herself still couldn't understand what happened. Everything happened at once.

"You kissed him. That's what happened?" Woohyun said out loud. Naeun's eyes widen. Did she really just say her thoughts out loud?

"No. But your face said it all." Woohyun explained. Naeun began to feel her heart speed up, and she didn't know if this was a good thing or not. Woohyun mumbled some other stuff, but whatever they were, they were not attended for her to hear. They were words for Myungsoo's ears.

--