.14

Blood. Life. Love. Us

Naeun felt her lungs begin to slowly trap her and suffocate her, her stomach was in a whirlwind of some sort of disease.

Her heart felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on without her slightest content. Naeun stood like a marble statue frozen in the midst of time. All her thoughts drowned out everything around. He was leaving. He was leaving town. He was leaving her. He had came like the wind and just like it came, it left as well.

"Naeun." Eunji called her. Naeun didn't flinch, she didn't look back.

"Naeun." Eunji repeated, louder and sterner this time. Naeun slowly turned her shoulder towards her friend. All of Eunji's thoughts were written boldly on her face.

"Yes." Naeun mouthed. Eunji frowned. There was something bothering Eunji, something that Naeun couldn't yet figure out.

"You should sleep. Its almost sunrise and I know you're going through a lot." Eunji responded. Naeun frowned. Eunji was trying to baby her, she absolutely loathed that.

"Why don't you just tell me. Rather find out from you than the rest of the town's gossip." Naeun commented. Eunji deeply exhaled a breath of air before stepping closer to Naeun.

"He's okay. Chorong's father will have to stay in the hospital for a few days but the doctors say he'll be okay." Eunji revealed. Naeun felt a load of weight had been lifted of her shoulders, sadly, it wasn't all of it.

"Then what's bothering you?" Naeun questioned. Eunji looked down, scare to look in Naeun's eyes.

"Just go home. Sleep." Eunji instructed. Something in Eunji's voice made it sound almost like an order. Naeun made a quick realization. Eunji's gloomy facial expression was the perfect resemblance of Naeun's colliding emotions.

Naeun nodded. Eunji smiled. It was the kind of smile Naeun needed. The kind of smile Naeun used as fuel to run from her hell. The kind of fuel only her Eunji and Chorong had achieved.

--

Following Eunji's complaints Naeun eventually found her way home. Oddly enough she wasn't worn out as expected. Yes she had basically gone all night with a little over three hours of sleep, but she felt like a massive rage was burning through her empowering her. She grew the keys onto the side table and jumped out of her boots.

She walked over to the closed windows, pulling apart the blinds. Rays of the most vibrant shades of oranges and yellows filled her sight as the large orb of fire lifted itself from behind the horizon. The complete opposite force of her gloomy dark spinning heart. Naeun stood motionless for that moment as the sun kissed every inch of her skin.

Her eyes closed tightly as if praying for some unknown truth of the future. She wasn't a believer in Gods' greater power, but now of all times she needed someone, something, anything to comfort her.

Chorong was trying to be strong. Oh how obvious it was. She was trying to keep it together because no one else could. Chorong was the guiding light who was walking in the dark at this point. Chorong was a witch. A real witch. Not one that went flying around on a broom stick with a pointy black hat, but a real life witch.

Naeun scoffed at the thought. The town was filled with vampires, witches, and ghosts. Oh how devastatingly crazy their lives were. Oh how crazy the world was.

"Naeun-ah." The voice that she realized she had gotten addicted to called towards her. Softly with most hesitation she turned around to face Myungsoo. He stood almost god-like with Heavens light projecting off of him.

He glittered like an Angel doomed to Hell. She was always jaw dropped at the sight of him. Even when she was yet to realize it. Naeun felt like her feet had become permanently glued to the floor, her lungs stripped of any breathable oxygen as she stared at him. She didn't know how long it lasted, just the two of them staring at each other under god's light.

It was like they were reading into each other's souls. All the energy was a spinning array of perfect utilization of concrete magic. Their emotions became clear to each other for this one moment. The pain that laced them, the anger, the lost, the tears and disappointment. The lust, the joy, the laughter, the light that always managed to shine through, the eternal source of love. For this one moment everything seemed clear. Everything was moving at the speed of light. Their eyes, the passageway to their souls, were wide open for only the two of them to acknowledge.

"How's her father?" Myungsoo finally spoke breaking the bond that had wired itself between them. The rope breaking loose and falling into the disposable waste of nothingness.

"I thought you were leaving." Naeun whispered like it was a sin to speak.

"I am. Soon." He replied. His eyes were as memorizing as always.

"Then why are you here?" She questioned almost like she didn't want to see his face. But she did, she needed to see him.

"I wanted to make sure you were safe." He replied while running his hands through his hair.

"Safe from what?" She asked but she already knew he was going to answer back in one of his twisted riddles and vague remarks.

"Safe from the world." He answered. Just as she had expected. A totally vague answer revealing no details of what he really was intending to mention.

Naeun scoffed at his answered before looking back to his face. Then it hit her. He was scared. Scared of what? She had no answer, but she could see it in his face.

"What's coming?" She asked in a whisper. He looked down as if deciding for his own self what exactly was coming. 

"Myungsoo." She called his name stepping closer to him with hesitation as if he'll disperse into thin air at any moment. His eyes fell onto her again and something in her soul jumped for glory at this. It was astonishing, the power this man had.

"Stay...stay with me." She asked, almost pleading and begging. She didn't know when but she had found herself attached to this man rendering her senses. She could see the pain in his eyes, she could see a war occurring in his mind. Too stay or to leave. It was a battle made for the ages. The winner was still undetermined.

"Naeun-ah." He called her name and just like that she broke again. Naeun hated herself for this. She hated herself for being weak in front of him. But she couldn't handle the thought of him leaving. "Hey." He called towards her and in an instant she was in his arms. Her face falling into his chest as heavy tears fell from her eyes.

"Shh, someone so beautiful shouldn't cry." He muttered to her as he her hair. Only now did she realize that she was so real with him. He comforted her when her world was torn down, when her tears fell. She was a master as hiding her pain behind a pretty smile, but with him, its not like that at all. Around him she was the true Naeun.

The true Naeun was a broken doll. She was a walking mess, a catastrophe, she was just a girl who lost her most precious loved ones at too young an age. She reminded him of himself. 

She exhaled deeply. How was he supposed to leave her when all he wanted was so be with her forever.

--

 

Chorong sniffed back heavy tears as she turned around. She had stepped out of the hospital wing where her father was to get some fresh air and to clean her mind. 
 
The doctors claimed it was the same animal that had killed Kahi that had done this. But Chorong knew better now. It was no animal. 
 
"Why is it that I'm not surprise you're still holding up? People like you and Naeun, you're the deadliest of them all." Woohyun's overly cocky tone call to her. She swung her head back and there he was. 
 
If she didn't know better she would had said he looked perfect, same as always. Perfect. His handsome features striking as before and his attitude as cocky as always. 
 
But behind that she could see that he was tired. Like he hadn't slept all night. 
 
Do vampires even sleep? She mentally asked herself. 
 
"What are you doing here?" She asked him coldly. 
 
"Just to tell you ahead of time, we're leaving. We're leaving Seoul."Woohyun told her. She didn't know why but something in her heart crashed when she heard this. 
 
"What? Why?" She asked. Her tone sounding more desperate than intended. 
 
He shot her that smirk of his, "Oh, are you gonna miss me?" He asked. 
 
She huffed. "As if. In case you haven't realized there are vampires running around killing people. My father could had been killed!" She exclaimed. 
 
"Don't worry. When we leave, he'll leave with us." Woohyun answered. She furrowed her brows at him. He knew who the vampire was?
 
"What do you mean he'll leave with you?" She asked. 
 
Woohyun thought about it for a second. "Let's just say we have our past. And in case you haven't realized its not all rainbows and unicorns." He answered. 
 
"Use the book. It'll teach you everything you need to know. It was nice meeting you Chorong." He told her, and in a blink of an eye, he was gone, just like that. 
 
Chorong stood in the cold for god knows how long, her feet had gone frozen, her fingers numb and her lips were now blue. The colorful fall leaves fell onto her feet and ankles covering the in patches of reds, oranges, and yellows. But she didn't move. 
 
"They're really leaving Seoul."