.21

Blood. Life. Love. Us

"So what exactly are the Greats?" Chorong probed as examined the tall bookcases in the library. She was in Seoul Manor, where else could she be at a time like this.  

"The vampire world's version of a royal family." Woohyun explained nonchalantly as he poured himself another cup of whiskey. He needed the liquor.  
  
"Where's Eunji?" Chorong asked as her eyes sprung around looking for her best friend.  
  
"Hunting. She's still learning the ropes of how it is being-"
 
"Dead." Chorong finished dryly. Something about the way she said it offended him. Woohyun scoffed. Placing his cup down on the counter he shifted, standing and stepping towards, in a flash he was standing before her. His bright amber jewels looked into her, burning her soul, claiming her continent.  
  
"Immortal. She's learning the ropes on how to be immortal." He corrected. His voice impossibly light, but the words come out as a fierce blade. She flinched hearing his deep voice before he side stepped her, walking away and leaving her to wander in the mist of the books.  
--  
"You okay?" Hoya asked. He had returned from the hunt and was currently standing in the in living area where a flame was lit in the fireplace. It was snowing outside again. Another storm was passing by, as the skies rumbled and torn down onto them as if the gods were punishing mankind. The continued to snow, on and on, never meeting a stop. The clouds were heavy and grey.
  
"The wicked witch of the east just got to my nerves." Woohyun answered trying to sound annoyed. Hoya chuckled at Woohyun's tantrums.  
  
"Why do you even care about her opinion?" Hoya wavered. He has known Woohyun for over 400 years, Woohyun was not one to let the opinions of others get to him. Woohyun let words fly through him, ignoring all the negative comments and surpassing the negatively, and letting it melt away.  
  
"I don't." Woohyun opposed, but Hoya knew it was a lie. However he didn't press the conversation on any more. If he knew his brother, and he did, he knew that if Woohyun didn't want to talk about something, he wouldn't.  
  
"Woohyun." Hoya clamored knowing there was more to Nam Woohyun than Nam Woohyun actually let off.  
  
"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone infers that I'm actually supposed to care." Woohyun backfired with his all too famous sarcasm. "How's Eunji?" Woohyun asked purposely changing the topic. He didn't need anymore talks about a certain teenage witch on a vendetta to save her friends.  
  
"Progressing. Slowly, but she's progressing." Hoya answered stiffly. Eunji was a really sensible subject. None of them really knew what to do. She was a vampire now. A new-born too. What were they to do with her. What was she to do? She couldn't go back to her old life. She couldn't continued living like a normal high schooler because she wasn't that anymore. Was she to leave with them when they eventually leave Seoul? Was she going to go her own way?  
  
"You know, we're really in deep this time." Woohyun stated. It was pretty obvious. Both knew that.  
  
"Have you talked to her about it yet?" Woohyun questioned tentatively. It was a sensible subject not easily strife on.  
  
"No. And I'm not going too" Hoya acknowledged. Woohyun knew that Hoya had grown attached to Eunji. He was too attached for Woohyun's liking. He knew his friend had feelings for her. And right now their feelings were dangerous. With Jonghyun looming around, any signs of weakness could be used against them. And Woohyun knew that they had their weaknesses.  
  
"Is Myungsoo still up there with her?" He probed.  
  
Hoya nodded, "Where else would he be?"  
  
"I don't know. Catching Bambi?"  
  
--  
  
She knew what it was like to have her world turned upside down, to watch someone you love become marred and ruined by madness. She knew of the darkness. Maybe that was why Myungsoo had been so drawn to her, because if he was the night, then Naeun was most certainly the same.  
  
And for the last four centuries he did nothing but hide in the darkness. He lived in a world with no goals or dreams. And it wasn't until she appeared that it made sense.  
  
"Naeun." He whispered her name gently, scare that if his words actually reached her ears she might wake up. When she was awake everything was chaos. Her mind was a twister with no aim.  
  
It was all his fault. He should had never left. He should had stayed with her. She was in so much pain, she was so lost, and he did the worst thing he could. He left her. Just like how her parents left her, how Kahi left her.  
  
"You're be okay. Its all going to be okay." He whispered to himself, hoping that this really was true.  
  
"Myungsoo." He felt his name being called. Turning his shoulder around he was met face to face with Eunji.  
  
"Hey." He mumbled softly watching as she examined the room before her eyes fell on to her best friend. Her eyes were filled with worry and frustration. 
  
"You know, I'm really scare." She whispered delicately as she willed her voice not to crack, she was scare. It was implied in her tone. He could tell from the way her eyes were filled in darkness, the look was all to familiar. 
  
"She'll be okay. You'll be okay. All of us will be okay." He stated trying to reassure her. The truth was, he didn't know if he was trying to reassure her, or himself. Maybe both.  
  
"How do you know?" She stammered softly as she shifted her golden eyes from Naeun to him. Eunji was going through a really delicate and fragile state. Everything she felt was going to be multiplied into extreme inhumane point. Everything was stronger, every emotion, every feeling, every detail.  She was on a high, one where even the smallest of mistakes could tick her off. 
  
"Eunji-ah." Chorong's familiar voice called towards her as the witch stepped forth. She stepped beside Eunji, who was standing my the open doorway. She slowly put her arm on her best friend's shoulder and gave Eunji a reassuring smile. But even Chorong wasn't sure what was to happen next. She could only watch as the game pieces were laid out, the end of the game was still a maze.  
  
"Why? Why did he do this to us? We never did anything to him." Eunji hissed. Even though Chorong had objected, Hoya and Woohyun had caught her up. The told her the same thing they told Chorong. They told her who Jonghyun was, why he was here, what he wanted.  
  
"Its all your fault." She hissed, her anger was directed at Myungsoo. He didn't say anything, because he knew she was right. It was his fault. He was the reason why Naeun was laying like a lifeless doll. He was the reason why Jonghyun had killed Eunji. It was a feud between him and his brother. And they were the ones getting hurt.  
  
"I think I might have something." Chorong mumbled trying to break the thick clouds of tension that had accumulated.  
  
"Great. The witch has something." Woohyun stated causing both Chorong and Eunji to turn around to meet a pleased Woohyun. The man loved appearing out of no where.
  
Chorong snorted at him, turned around to face Myungsoo before she continued, "We kill Naeun."  
  
"What!"  
  
"Are you out of your mind. Do you expect for her to die, and you snap her fingers or wave her hands or whatever, and bring her back to life. No one is that powerful." Woohyun adjured. She got the same reaction from Myungsoo and Eunji, whose mouths had ropped and eyes danced in confusion. 
  
"There's a reason Jonghyun kept her alive. And I think I know that reason." Chorong explained. "You see, when it comes to the Greats, what makes them so powerful is the royal blood that runs through them. The nectar that gives them strength. Jonghyun was turned by a Great, but his transition was complete when he killed Son Dongwoon. Its the Son blood that gives him his strength. But once the blood line is totally wiped out, poof, so does his strength." She explained. Her theory made sense, but their was nothing to base her theory on. 
  
"And how did you figure this out?" Woohyun questioned. He was amazed by how fast she was able to put this together. Her plan, had its faults. For example, she could be wrong, and if she was, Naeun would be dead. Well, Naeun was dead either way, but the part he was worry about was that Jonghyun would use the opportunity to take them down. 
  
"A source told me." She answered flimsily as she felt meddlesome eyes set onto her.  
  
"I can't do this." Eunji cried running out of the room at the speed of light. It was all too much for her. The vampires, the witches, the knots that tied everyone together.  
  
Chorong half stepped back, ready to go after Eunji when Woohyun stopped her, "Hoya's going after her. She'll be fine." He assured.  She didn't know why, but she stopped, and slowly turned around to face Myungsoo.
  
"But," Myungsoo started, "She would be dead." He mumbled. He couldn't handle the thought of knowing that she would be dead.  He couldn't even handle the thought of her being in this condition. 
  
"But what if she doesn't stay dead." Woohyun suggested. Myungsoo eyed his brother carefully before moving his eyes to Chorong. She stood awkwardly staring back from Naeun to Myungsoo.  Chorong knew exactly what Woohyun was trying to say. But something about the look in her eyes never wanted this. 
 
Myungsoo understood, he understood it wat too well. He had already thought of this days ago when they first found her like this. 
  
"You don't want her to turn. You don't want her to be a vampire do you?" He guessed, he knew he was right. Chorong didn't want her best friends to be like this. To have to feed on blood to survive, to have to run, to never have a home.  
  
"My opinion doesn't matter. I would rather have my best friend be a vampire, then have my best friend be dead." She answered. Park Chorong was the type to hold everything in, and that was what she was best at. Handling the most tricky of situations and beating them each and every time. But this time was different. There was no winner, no beating the other.  
  
"How do you know this will work?" Myungsoo asked cautiously. Did Jonghyun even know this? Did Jonghyun know that if Naeun dies, so does the strength that has kept him running for the last four centuries? Myungsoo highly doubted it, then again, he didn't know anything about his brother. Not anymore.  
  
"I told you. I have my sources." She answered as she her heels and walked away. This left Myungsoo and Woohyun alone.  
  
"Its a plan man. The best we have." Woohyun reminded.  
  
"That's not what I'm scare of." Myungsoo replied as he watched her sleep. He wasn't scare that she would be a vampire. He would love her either way, human or vampire. What he was scare of was how she would act. What if, even though she was a vampire, she was still trapped in this web of hers. What if she was still trapped in her own head?  
  
"Its a chance okay. Jonghyun would be dead, and his hold on her would be gone. Maybe then she could return to normal." Woohyun suggested. Myungsoo didn't answer. He could only sit there and pray that this was all true. God, he hoped it was true. But deep inside he also knew that the way she was acting had nothing to do with Jonghyun. Part of it was her own doing. Her own walls falling and letting go of all the pain trapped deep within her soul.  
  
--  
  
"What are you doing?" Chorong asked as she watched Woohyun gather supplies together. Steaks, knives, arrows. He looked like he was preparing for war.  
  
"You got the plan on how to weaken him. I have a plan on how to kill him. I have a diabolical master plan." He replied. Chorong could sense it, he didn't care about what would happen to Naeun, or maybe he was faking it, she couldn't tell. What she could tell was that Woohyun just wanted Jonghyun dead.
  
"What is it, the diabolical plan?"  
  
"Well if I told you, it wouldn't be very diabolical, now would it?" He replied causing her to roll her eyes. She didn't need this from him. But how else was he supposed to act. This was so typical of Nam Woohyun.  
  
"She's my best friend, Woohyun." She said sadly, scare that she could be losing Naeun forever.  
  
"I know. But that doesn't mean I push aside the fact that Jonghyun has wanted us dead for the last 400 years. The guy's tried to kill me before. Several times. I don't usually take sides, but if you tried to kill me. Then I'm going to try and kill you."  
  
"Are you insane?" She yelled feeling frustrated with him. It felt like the only thing he wanted was to kill Jonghyun.  
  
"I prefer spontaneous." He countered back. "At least Naeun won't be dead, like dead, ten feet under dead. A little strange though, considering how jam pack her head is. But hey, take it from me: Strange is bad, dead is worse."  
  
"I thought you would care. I thought that you would care about what happens to her. To all of us." She exclaimed feeling anger suddenly take hold of her body.  
  
"I want Jonghyun dead. Then I want to get out of this town, as soon as possible." He answered. He saw her eyes flickered wildly before they shifted into something he couldn't decipher. That was the thing about Chorong. She buried all her feelings away, one would had thought that she would learn from her best friend. Hiding your feelings, stuffing it away, it would only lead to destruction.  
  
"I can't do this." She huffed marching away from him, only to be stopped by his next question, "Sources huh? What kind of sources did you get?" He asked.  
  
She turned around to face him, "You had always told me that my book will guide me. It did." She replied before leaving the room. She could believe him, but what else did she expect.  
 
He smirked as he watched her walk away. As expected, he knew how to push her buttons. "So naive." He mumbled under his breath.
 
Chorong hissed as she entered the living room where the fire place was still lit. "You should try to relax." Chorong looked up when she heard those words. She nodded, knowing she was acting unreasonable.   
  
"I'm just frustrated." She stated. "And its easy for you, you're dead." She added causing the woman to laugh.  
  
"The dead still worry."