.16

Blood. Life. Love. Us

Naeun couldn't distinguish through the shades of black and blue. The imprint of the bruises so deep she couldn't simply sit back and wait for them to heal.

Time was moving on, ticking by day by day, with or without her permission to. She was simply stuck in it's ever lasting consequences.

Naeun slammed closed her bedroom drawl. For the first times in weeks she was back to her home, alone. The house she had spent her childhood growing up in was now an empty fortress, a constant reminder of all she had lost. Her mother, her father, her aunt...her self.

She in her breathe and began counting down from five in her mind as she turned to a certain door.

Her heart rattled and her mind was curious of the glorious poisons that laid behind the door. She took small steps towards the door. It was painted a peachy pink, calm and mellow, the quite opposite of the woman who once spent her nights behind that door. Naeun let out that breath of air she herself hadn't realize she was holding in. She brought her hand up with tentatively she slowly turned the handle.

She pushed the door opened and hesitantly stepped inside. Kahi's perfume filled her senses along with the smell of sandalwood and smoke. She looked around. Everything was like how it was supposed to be, everything in the right place.

Naeun sighed. She had insisted to Chorong's mother that she wanted to be the one to clean out Kahi's materials.

Chorong had agreed to help, but had called ten minutes ago and revealed she was going to be late, some sort of emergency involving one of the booths for the upcoming fair was damaged. Naeun still couldn't imagine how Chorong ran her life in such a precise and calculated matter, as if she had everything timed out, a schedule notifying her of everything happening. Naeun knew that Chorong was anything but prepare, especially with what life had thrown in her direction.

Naeun exhaled as she decided that the bookshelves would be a good place to start. Naeun had cardboard boxes ready by the door, through she was against the idea of cleaning out Kahi's room, she knew it had to be done.

She walked over to the shelves, picking up a stack of the books, quickly scanning through them. The names of Kahi's favorite authors appeared in the literature.

She soon worked her way through the shelves, the drawls and the closet. She felt like she was trying to erase her aunt, she felt like she was trying to take away Kahi's memory, her knowledge, her beauty, her sins.

That was the part about death. When one dies they have no idea how their loved ones would handle the aftermath. Some break under pressure, grief, and pain. Other act strong, they pull up walls and guard their hearts to keep themselves from feeling pain.

Naeun had finally cleaned out Kahi's closets, the last of her aunts stuff, tidied. She sighed looking around the now bare room. She felt a heavy weight on her heart. She frowned jumping onto Kahi's bed and laying down on the mattress. Her eyes glare up at the ceiling.

She let her eyelids drop, closing her sight from the world as everything turned to black.

“Kahi I miss you.” She whispered.

“….Myungsoo, I miss you.” She whispered seeing his smile in her eyes, warmth fell onto her, sunshine danced around her. She was safe. She felt safe whenever he was around, whenever he was near, whenever he was with her.

He was like a lighthouse, guiding lost sailors home, only he himself was also lost, lost and tired. And gone. Gone from her. He had left because he thought he could protect her. From what exactly, she wasn’t sure. A another vampire she assumed due to all of Chorong’s weird visions she had been having.

Naeun was being selfish when she said she didn’t care. She didn’t care about the other vampire,  about the safety of the town’s people, she was being selfish because she wanted Myungsoo here with her even if it meant putting others in danger.

Naeun was selfish at this point, but could she be blamed after all she suffered, after all she had lost. Was she selfish?
--

Something was after her, taunting her steps, hounding after her, something dangerous, something that showed no mercy, something that had no clemency or compassion, something heartless. A true monster.

She ran through the dark woods, twigs, dried brown leaves, and wood lined her way. Deep, swift breaths, her heart was hammering out of her chest. Her mind had no idea what was happening, what was ahead, she had no idea what was chasing her, other than the fact that she knew she would be killed if she didn’t flee.

Her chestnut hair fell like the wing, cuts on her ankles from the twigs lined her skin, sweat drenched her body, but she didn’t care how tired she was. She had to get away, now.

Her eyes finally released the salty liquid that had been forming in the corner of her eyes. Her tears ran down her skin. She was more than scare. She was terrified out of her mind. She was to the breaking point of insanity. All her nerves were rattling in terror.

“Ahh.” She winced in pain when she tripped over a log laying randomly in point of her. The thick layer of leaves broke her fall. She looked down to her ankle. Surely it was twisted now. She tried moving it only to regret that action when a shot of pain extended from her ankle through her leg.

Her attention glided from her ankle to the air when she felt the air shift, something was moving in the trees. She felt…a creature wrap around her, running past her. It were trying to scare her, haunt her, frighten her, and it was working.

Using her arms she pushed herself towards a large tree, her eyes danced around trying to figure out what else was with her in these woods.

She didn’t have time to find out as she was soon eloped in black, a eye-shrieking scream released itself from her pipes as blood and fangs entered her sight.

--

Naeun had drifted to sleep in Kahi’s bed. Quite truthfully she hadn’t slept this well in weeks, she felt lighter, brighter, healthier.  She rolled over pulling herself up as the doorbell rang. Something inside her core told her not to answer the door. It was that intuition kicking in. That and because everything the door bell rang all that she received was bad news.

Naeun couldn’t get a break lately, everything just kept falling apart, everything just kept drifting off into the wild.

Today however, she didn’t have to go to the door for the bad news, it came to her. She felt the front door slam open, she heard footsteps running up the stairs. Naeun grabbed the first thing in arms reach, one of the pillows.

Someone was in the house. She slowly stood up from the bed and realized she was holding a freaking pillow, a pillow. She cursed at herself and put it down and replaced it with the desk lamp laying in one of the boxes.

She slowly paced into the dim hallway, her eyes and ears wary of whatever else was in the home.

“Naeun.” A familiar voice call to her causing her to jump in shock before she turned around and relaxed.

“Chorong-ah. You scared me.” Naeun remarked letting out a breathe of air. She stared at her friend realizing that agonizing look paced on Chorong’s face. Something was terribly wrong. Something was always wrong these days. But Chorong looked like she could burst out in tears at any moment now, like she was mentally beaten into a pulp.

“W-What happened?” Naeun asked already knowing she would rather not receive an answer.

“Eunji’s gone, Naeun. He got her.” Those were the only words Chorong said before Naeun fell onto the floor, her already beaten heart spilling all over again.