.11

Blood. Life. Love. Us

She was terrified out of her mind as she stared out into the black waste lands of the skies, there was small sparks of stars shining through the cloudy masses. The stars filled the dark masses, too many to count in one lifetime.
 
The glowing stars from a distance sparkled like diamonds. She gazed at them with a faraway look. 
 
She leaned against the window, her cheek touched the cold silky stained glass window. Naeun was done with crying. She was so out of tears she had no more to spare.
 
The door slowly open. The footsteps were silent but she already knew the owner of those footsteps so well.
 
"You need anything dear?" Eunji asked sitting beside Naeun. Naeun nodded. She was to fed up with everything in her life to ask for anything.
 
"I want it all to go back to normal. I want to be normal." She muttered as she fell onto Eunji's shoulders closing her eyes and praying that when she awoke from this appalling hallucination of a nightmare so she could run into her aunt's warm arms. She was wrong however as her eyes met the black skies when she opened them.
 
"Chorong has some extra clothes in her car. Here, go change." Eunji insisted holding up the bundle of clothing. Naeun only now remembered that she was still in Myungsoo's clothes. His clothes smelt like him. Intoxicating. Alluring. Safe.
 
"Thanks Eunji." She muttered taking the clothes from her good friend.
 
"They're more comfortable to sleep in right." Eunji reminded with a knowing smile. Jung Eunji is strong, brave, strict with her life yet extremely carefree at the same time. She was the type of person who would lend you a pencil knowing it was her last, run through the pouring rain and get doused in rain to see you simply because you needed a shoulder to lean on.
 
She was the kind of friend not worth letting go because you depended on her, even if you didn't realize it. She was like the invisible glue that carried one's life together rather they detected it or not. An invisible protector in the times of the devils.
 
"Yeah, I still can't believe we're going to be spending the night here." Naeun said in disbelief...
 
"I'm not letting Naeun stay here." Chorong announced to the room after Naeun had told her she wanted to spend the night there.Chorong had her arms stubbornly crossed against her chest. Her eyes were sending spikes towards Woohyun.
 
"Why not, we won't touch her." Woohyun retorted at an upset and more than annoyed Chorong. Chorong rolled her eyes.
 
"I wasn't even thinking that. I was simply implying that it would be easier for her to spend the night with people she knows." Chorong fought back. Woohyun huffed in annoyance. The two of them spoke their minds and were not scare to hold back.
 
"And she doesn't know us?" He raised the question. Naeun was about to cut in to the little battle even the two, but Chorong had already begun babbling.
 
"She doesn't know you like she knows us." Chorong corrected. Her arms were still crossed against her chest, her hair damped and fizzy. She wore the same clothes, the simple black dress from earlier. Her eyes were burning with rage directed at Woohyun.
 
"Then let her stay so she can know us better. Besides why the hell would she go back. In case you haven't realize, she's being drown alive over there." Woohyun countered. He was standing inches away from Chorong. Both Myungsoo and Eunji had slight smiles on their faces as they tried to hold back the desire to break out in laughs at the immaturely level of the two. Hoya held on to his ice cold facade while Naeun stared with confusion and curiosity.
 
The two bickered like children fighting over a toy. So childish, so useless, so pathetic. They were fighting over her. She was a fight not worth the sweat and tears. She wasn't worth anything anymore.
 
"Hello, her aunt just died. She should feel like she's being drowned alive. How else is a human supposed to feel. They're supposed you hurt, feel pain, cry, laugh, smile. Humans are supposed to fall, and they're supposed to rise only stronger than before." Chorong shot back. Woohyun was about to counter back, but held back knowing his next statement would end up with him getting beat by Myungsoo and Hoya. It contained the phrases involving the fact that they weren't exactly human.
 
And out of nowhere a soft laughter filled the room. It was the essence of hope, beauty, and strength. Naeun was laughing at the scene between to two. A laugh that had once been lost in the tides of the wind and drove away into the far reaches of the universe. Now it returned, returned at a time when all light had vanished.
 
"Do you have enough room for three guests?" Eunji finally said bringing the attention of the room to her. She stood at the entrance of the sitting room. Arms crossed against her chest. Eyes puffy and tired, her head a fizzy mess of a bun, but that hint of faith in her voice carried for miles and miles to come.
 
"What?" Woohyun murmured in disbelief. Myungsoo smirked.
 
"We have more than enough room for three." He answered. Chorong stared at Eunji in disbelief. What happened to getting Naeun out of the house? She asked through her eyes at Eunji who simply shrug.
 
"We're not staying here." Chorong commented. Woohyun smirked.
 
"Naeun's staying. So is Eunji." Woohyun reminded. That cockiness in him were driving her nuts.
 
"I'm not." Chorong replied. Her voice was full of blind pride and dense stubbornness.
 
"We're all staying." Eunji finally cut in.
 
"Besides, I think Naeun could get away from the townspeople for a while. You know, give her some space to...breathe." Eunji finished. Her eyes connected to Naeun's. She understood, she understood all too well. And that was how it was all set and done.

 
Chorong had her complaints but they were despairingly overshadowed because she knew Naeun needed to get away. Away from the people who didn't understand. Away from the cruel world that had dived in to probe away her happiness. Away from life, the life that tore her inside out.
 
She stepped out of the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. And for the first time a smile appeared on her lips. It was a simple curl of her pink lips.
 
Both Eunji and Chorong were tucked in the king size bed. They left more than enough room for Naeun. Naeun felt bless for this moment. Blessed to have friends like them. Friends who would be there till the end. Friends who journeyed to the end of the world and back, friends who fought the war along with you. True friends.
 
She sighed. She didn't want to sleep, even if she did all she could see when she closed her eyes were a world wind of hell's wrath burning her. Images to remind her of what she has lost. She couldn't sleep.
 
Finally deciding that sleep was not an option for her she tip toed to the door. Slowly opening the door she stepped out of the room before gently closing the door, scare of waking her friends up.
 
She stopped and turned towards the long hall way plastered with paintings that looked hundreds of years old. They probably were a hundred years old. The paintings brought her back to a different era and she thought for a moment what it must had been like to live forever.
 
The lights were obscure and the place was quiet as she walked into another unknown hallway connected to the one her room was. The place seemed to mysterious, so closed off only intriguing her curiosity more. Antiques from all over the world filled each and every corner, an ancient yet modern vibe stimulated throughout the place.
 
Her soft footsteps came to a sudden stop when she felt movement behind her. It was a quick shifting of the air but she definitely felt it. She swung her head around only to meet the empty hallway. Everything was as before. Nothing was out of place.
 
Swinging her head back around her heart met with her rib cage as she jumped in shock. Those dark chocolate eyes gleamed at hers sending chills throughout her body. It was unexplainable. Magical. Mystifying. Dangerous.
 
"You're not sleeping?" He asked. His voice was deep and low, it could send her into a dream land was possessed with the Garden of Eden.
 
"I can't.....Every time I close my eyes.....I can't fall a sleep." She replied her eyes meeting the ground. Maybe it was because she was startle, maybe it was because of the lost of a love one, or maybe it was just because her heart as beating so fast she couldn't possibly control it, but she couldn't meet eye to eye with him.
 
"Then come with me." He spoke with that deep voice that killed her inside out. She glanced up in confusion. He didn't give her the chance to answer before grabbing her arm and pulling her away. Electricity shot through the both of them at each other's touches. His footsteps were fast and steady as she was practically running in hers, fumbling to follow along.
 
"Where- what are you doing?" She asked. He didn't reply, just simply turn his head back and threw her one of those beautiful smiles she wished she could be captured and stamp into her mind for eternity.
 
They went through one of the many side doors that lead to extensive field of nothingness. It was an barren piece of land yet it was so beautiful to her for some of reason.
 
"Hold on to me tight." He warned as he stopped in his tracks. She blinked a few times before finally comprehending that he as intending to do. She nodded. He brought his arms to her waist, pulling her closer. His scent immediately engorged her senses. She slowly brought her arms around his neck, he loved being around her, even if she didn't realize it. He couldn't help but think of how well she fit perfectly in his arms who how he could hear her heart beating faster whenever he was near. Or how his supposedly non beating heart rammed faster when he saw her. He never forgot her scent, her aura, he never forgot her.
 
The world danced by so quickly she didn't even manage to catch half of it as time and space separated into two. She blinked a few times before the air seemed to calm down. She pulled away and stepped back. Her head scanning around to find any object of familiarity.
 
"Where are we?" She asked dumbfounded and agape.
 
He cocked his head at her and watched her for a moment as she spun around like a confused deer in head lights. So naive, so fragile, so beautiful. But now he knew that Naeun was stronger than she looked. She was stronger than anyone, her strength could end wars, kill demons, and it could also be her fall. Strength was a key factor to surviving, but strength sometimes cut off emotions, feelings, pain. A human is nothing without pain.
 
"We're here to visit me." He replied. Her eyes shot towards him in confusion. It was dark, the moonlight lit a dense shadow of light down upon them, but it was all she needed to see that smug smirk on his face.
 
His head sluggishly turn down as his eyes fell on the stone tablet, her eyes followed. There in stoned was a tombstone. 
 
'Kim Myungsoo.'
 
"....This is your tombstone." She murmured. Her body halted for a moment as she finally took parts of it in. He was indeed, an actual vampire. He and his sworn brothers. Yes, she already knew this part, but seeing their names written in stone made her heart crash into a wall of iron so rapidly she had to step back before the damage of the hit consumed her whole. He was really dead. Kim Myungsoo, the human. He was once human, like her. He is human still. He was still intact with the humanly ability to feel, touch, and think.

"A distant cousin of mine put this up after I supposedly died along with the other vampires. She didn't believe I was a monster. She believed that I was her cousin. She loved me as I loved her." He revealed as his eyes met with the tombstone.
 
"Come on. Sit down." He spoke as he quickly sat down on the damp grounds. The dirt was wet from all he rain from earlier, but he could care less. Naeun stared at him, body still frozen in thin ice from the shock before she forced herself to obey. Slowly sitting down across from him avoiding eye contract with him still.
 
"Why are we here?" She asked as she turned her eyes to him.
 
"So I can answer your questions." He replied. Questions? Questions she had, plenty of them at that too.
 
She opened to speak but scolded as her vocal cords decided to die out on her on spot, turning into ashes on her. Nothing came out of . All those questions that were piling in her head were suddenly gone. Was it his doing?
 
"When was the first time we met?" He probed out of no where when silence overtook the two. Wasn't she the one supposedly asking the questions?
 
"At school." She answered even without thinking. It just came out of . She hadn't even realized that she was unfrozen from whatever state of shock her body had fell in.
 
"No. The first time I met you was when you were by your parent's grave. You were drawing." He responded. Her eyes slenderized at him.
 
"Were you stalking me?" She accused. She was being totally serious but perhaps he found this amusing as he broke out in a soft laugh. His laugh only made her tummy dance in butterflies.
 
"I call it observing from a far, but you can claim it as you like. Besides, you were an interesting thing to observed. Something beautiful." He replied. He nimble her lower lip, unsure of how to possibly retort back by his statement. The silence took over again. But it was a silence she adored for some odd reason. Naeun loved the silence, the silence were those moments where the world could dance by carelessly while she sat back and watched, taking in the beauty of life, as well as the ugly. The muteness was her salvation to peace. She needed peace.
 
"How was she like?" She mumbled. She was almost to scare to ask, but guessed her vocal cords went from being dead to having a mind of their own. It was a question she wasn't sure if she wanted to know the answer to.
 
Myungsoo was well aware of who she was asking about. How could he not. He was going to ask her the same question. Seems like the woman was something both of them had in common. Of course she would be, her force was strong enough to wrap the universe into one. The woman was something great, something amazing.
 
"Strong, like you. Beautiful, like you. Broken, like you. Hopeless, like you." He rebutted. His answered remaining as vague as ever. And somehow she felt good, she felt like she was soaring on cloud nine in a sheet of bitter milk and sugar. He had indirectly complimented her, as well as offended her.
 
"She was in love with a man. But the Original Families found him unworthy of her. Witches were rare, they were only born once or twice every generation. Kahi was special, while he was, not." Myungsoo continued.
 
"I actually liked the man. We all did, Hoya, Woohyun, Dongwoon and I. We liked him. He made her feel, real, normal, safe. I guess he was sort of like the anchor to her ship. But the Originals disagreed. The Kim's, Lee's, and the Nam's, while the remaining three families could care less." Myungsoo continued.
 
"So what did they do?" Naeun's mouth asked on its own.
 
"They threaten him. But being the love sick fool he was he refused to listen. And when he disobeyed they began punishing him. Tortured him to see when he would break. He was a nobody, no family, no money, no power. But all the heart in the world. He had love to give, knowledge to pass on and hope to conquer. But then one day. His punishment went to far. Over the top far, and when it happened, there was no turning back." Myungsoo finished. His voice dying out on those last few words.
 
"Love does crazy things to people." Naeun cut in. She could figure the rest of the story out now. "Her rage overtook her, and she created a curse. The curse that lead you to where you are today." Naeun spoke in soft whispers.
 
"I don't blame her. Not now. Maybe its because I had 400 years to figure it all out, or maybe because now I finally understand. I finally understand love." He spoke. His eyes twinkling away as they glanced down to the piece of stone, his name clearly engraved in it.
 
"How does one understand love?" Naeun asked. She certainly didn't understand love, and she was content with that. There are things not worth understanding.
 
"Because of you.
--
 
Eunji jumped out of bed upon realizing that the horrible screams were coming from Chorong. Her eyes scanned the zoom or any signs of either Chorong or Naeun. Panic engulfed her upon realizing the room was empty.
 
Another echoed of speeches rang in her eye drums as she ran towards he door. She followed the sounds of her friend's screams. The scream were like the chaotic music that could probably be hell's anthem. Her feet rushed messily down the set of stairs that sprung in a whirlwind before hitting one of the many unfamiliar rooms in the mansion. Adrenaline was already pumping through her veins and amplified with every step she took.
 
"Chorong....." Those words left her lips as she looked around the room. Her eyes falling on Chorong who was laying on the ground, tears spilling from her face, those bloodshot eyes of her were spinning with sentiment, pain, worry, and mischief. Her arms were hugging her kneels. Eunji slowly looked around only to let fear take over her at the sight of the room. Had Chorong did this. The candles surrounding the room were lit, but not just lit, they were in huge flames of hunger. The pair of curtain at the corner of the room blow along with the wind, but there was no wind, the windows were closed. The old wallpaper were ripped and crinkled. The one scene that sent her into a crazy rage of insanity were the symbols painted onto the ground. They were dark red and wet.
 
Eunji's heart stop as she looked at Chorong once more. Chorong's hand had a major cut as blood dripped from it. Her eyes fell onto the symbols again. The symbols were written in Chorong's blood.
 
Eunji took a step forward, only to have the familiar voice from behind touch stop her. "Don't move."He ordered. Something in his voice stopped her in place as her body seemed to have pick up a mind of its own.
 
She turned her shoulder around to meet eye and eye with Hoya. And for that short second there she was sure she had gone over the nonexistence edge of absurdity when she swore she saw his eyes filled with pure black.
 
"What's going on?" She whispered, fear was laced throughout her voice and Hoya was well aware of this. He hated having to put Eunji in his position. A girl like her didn't deserve this kind of life, neither did he.
 
In a flash he was directly in front of Chorong, kneeling down towards the terrified witch. He had to discipline every bone in his body not to rip her to shreds as he forced himself to ignore he blood dripping coming from her hand.
 
Eunji was frozen in place as if roots had grown on her feet stamping her into place. She was forced to stand by and watch, powerless to the crisis of the moment.
 
Another figure zoomed by and she was almost positive she was in some hysterical nightmare as she saw Woohyun standing in front of her. Eyes as black as night.
 
He kneel down in front of Chorong, next to Hoya. Bot their backs turned from her, but she could se Chorong. Chorong's face was buried into her dark chestnut waves. She was crying.
 
"Chorong. " Eunji found the strength to speak and only now did she realize someone had put a trance on her. One of them, Woohyun or Hoya. One of them had put a trance on her disallowing her the ability to move.
 
She was a defenseless child thrown into the lion's den.
 
Tears steamed down her face as she heard mumbling of some sort from the two. She had to do something, anything, but she couldn't. She was getting frustrated as she found herself being ignored and frozen, literally in her spot.
 
And then an horrible scream engulfed the room. Eunji quickly covered her ears as she shut her eyes tightly. She swore that the whole house was shaking, maybe it was just her sanity finally breaking loose.The glass began to crack, inch by inch. Like lightning bolts each crack connecting to the other.
 
A loud banging pierced her ears as the glass windows shattered into a million pieces hitting the air before falling on the ground. The slightest thought of de ja vu filled her mind as she was taken back to the restaurant that other time when something oddly canonical to this moment occurred.
 
When the rasping stopped and all movement seemed to have stop as well as slowly and hesitantly opened her eyes. She had no idea what was happening, she didn't know if she shall be scare, worried, or in a mad house, but it was the least of her worries. A quiver of exhaustion filled her as her knees fell weak. They were loosing their strength as everything spun like a merry-go-round. It was dizzying and fast, her head. Her eyes filled with nothing but black. She felt herself falling into open air. Her body was collapsing. But before it hit the ground she felt a pair of arms catch her. A pair of arms she knew all to well. Hoya's.

 

 

 

 

 

School has started for about 2 weeks now, so updates will be slower, but I'll try to update once a week.

Oh, and if anyone is still confused on how Kahi died, think of it this way; like in Lord of the RIngs, the elfs can't die of old age or anything like humans, but they can die in battle. So Kahi can't die of old age of anything but she can be killed still.