My..My..

The Coincidental You..

 

Kira’s POV

I did say sorry to Hyun Jin after the whole thing.He suddenly felt not so good so he ask for my permission to go home.And,I would be an idiot if I wouldn’t let him go.So I tell him to take care on himself and bla bla bla.He peck me on my cheek.And,the end.No more skinship.I wouIdn’t let him do too much for an intern boyfriend’s tittle.I grab the iphone on the table again.

“So you were from Hyun Jin,huh?Yeah..I thought so too..Or you would end up in a garbage cans.I don’t care if you even worth a lot.All that matters is my pride.Or..Maybe I could sell you.I could make some money..And,I could use that money to buy a latest,more advanced phone..Yup!That would be a bright idea..But,well..Hyun Jin said that he buy you for me.So,I just gonna keep you.How was that?”

And then I realise,I started talking to myself again!I have to stop all this mess..Or else,they sure will send me to a psychiatrist.

***

Kira end her thought when she hear a knock.‘What now?It couldn’t be Hyun Jin again,’taught her.She open the door and see her mother standing in front of her smiling all along while holding a nice new dress.

“I don’t really like the dress.”

“You will..”

“What’s now,omma?”

“We’ll going to have fun!”

“Everytime you said that,we will face a few things that I probably shouldn’t mention how bad it is.”

“Then,don’t.”

“Omma,are we going somewhere?”

“That’s actually a question that I”ve been waiting for.”

“So,I give you.Now,give me the answers.”

“We’re going to my bestfriend’s house,Mrs Park.”

Kira unconciously widen her eye toward her mom.

“Omma!”

“Wae?”

“Omma..Its Ki Woong’s house..”

“I know that..so??”

“Ani..Nothing.This is good.I actually expecting this from my own mom.”

“What are you keep saying,now?It doesn’t make a sense.”

“Well,sure it does omma!You’re happily going like this to a person’s house who you just hurt his feeling!”

“Ooh..come on!It’s all yesterday,Kira.”

“That’s what I mean,It just yesterday.”

“So what?I have to say no to my bestfriend’s invitation for the barbeque night?That’s not fair..”

“Well,you should thinks about fair when you asked Ki Woong if he is a gay.”

“So,he is not...It is good that I asked.I was worried about his mother.I mean,he follow you around all the time!And,people at my work keep talking about symptoms of a gay...I hear some of it...And,Ki Woong have a lot of similarities with what I heard.Most of it,maybe.”

Kira just keep shaking her head in dissapoinment when she see her mom like that.Now,she actually realise how much her mom hate Ki Woong.

“I wouldn’t wear that though.”

“You have too.”

“Wae?To brag about having a perfect daughter to people again?”

“Nae.”

“Oh my godness..I probably should die right now.”

“What is it?”

“Nothing,omma..You have to wait for couples of minute.Im going to change to this.”

“Nice thought,daughter!”

Kira went to her room and try out the dress.The dress is beautiful but it just weird for her to wear something like that to go to a neighbour house.Dress as beautiful as that should be some kind of ballroom gown..Prom maybe.Kira keep pinching her head while seeing how happy her mother with the outcome.She actually know how much her mom actually proud to have her.Of course,due to her perfect figure and how genius she is.Sometimes,when she realise how her mom really appreciate her,she feels that she is the luckiest daughter in this world.But,she cannnot feel those when her mother start being childish like this.

 

***

They arrived at Park’s residence a few minutes later.It was one kind of a simple house in Korea.A house that should represent how simple their life is.Mrs Park opens the door quickly for both of them.Kira just smile to Mrs Park when she see how happy Mrs Park to receive them as her guest.

“Come inside..I have served for you my famous recipe!”

“Nae..Ahjumannim.”

“Im seriously cannot wait to taste your chicken’s recipe with some beers!”

Kira smirk hearing her mother excitement.Mrs Park just laugh at her bestfriend seeing that side of her.While they were waiting for the meal,Kira keep looking around.From other people’s view,for sure this girl is searching for something.

“Kira aah..Could you possibly searching for my son just now?”

“I..I was actually..”

Her mom turn her gaze to Kira when she hear Mrs Park saying that.She really want to know how Kira will react toward the question.Well,if that guy is not some kind of gay then he must be having some serious relationship with her daughter to be beside her all the time like that.And,that fact is not good to know as same as he being a gay.

“I actually told Ki Woong to buy some juice for you guys.I know that Kira was not so good with alcohol,right?”

“Komawoyo ahjumannim..That’s very nice of you.But,I actually could drinks a little bit.”Kira look at her mom when she said that.Obviously it was her mom who tell that.

“Gwenchana..Ki Woong also volunteer himself actually.”

“I don’t know they were so good at each other like that.That was actually good,taking care of each other.”

“Well of course,Han Mirae.It’s not weird.They’re bestfriend,right?”

“Well,it seems like that..”

“Actually,I told omma the same but she just refuse to listen to me ahjumannim.”

“Wae?”

“Aniya.It’s not something that you can change,Yeonhee.”

“Of course I could,Mirae..he’s my son.”

“Aniya.It’s nothing.You don’t have to worry so much about it.”

Mrs Han didn’t said anything after that.Mrs Park on the other hand was busy grilling the chiken.Kira also assist Mrs Park and they stop talking about somebody is being weird or else.They just keep themselves busy waiting for the chicken.Finally,the chicken is ready for them.And,suddenly Kira hear a knock.She opens it and Ki Woong was standing there.

“Wow,that is a lot of juice!”

“Yeah..I told the ahjussi at the shop about we’re having barbeque.He give me extra for your mom.I guess he don’t want to be a victim of your mom drunk’s behaviour again.”

“My mom could be that crazy if she start drink those beers.”

“You’re here,Ki Woong?”

“Nae,omma.Here the juice.”

“Great.Come sit with us.Palli..”

“Nae..”

Ki Woong follow her mom to their backyard.The chicken’s smell great and they even look like they were grilled perfectly.His mom is sure a great cooker.Sometimes,Ki Woong think maybe his mom should open a restaurant based on her cooking’s skill.But,for sure they cannot just simply open a restaurant for people’s type like them.Well,its not that they’re too poor,it just they’re not that rich.

***

It was fun for all of them.Well,at least Kira can tell that her mom having quite a lot of fun.She smile all the time too,but after a while,her mom start babling about something that she shouldn’t say.This time,Kira know clearly.Her mom is drunk..

“Ahjumannim,I think we should go home.Omma have been weird now.”

“Mwo?!You think Im drunk??I am so much stronger than that,you know?!Don’t underestimate me..”

“Im not,omma..”Kira try to convinve her mom despite knowing that it is no use to talk like that to someone who drunk.

“Let’s go,omma..”Kira try to pull her mom.

Mrs Park told Ki Woong to help Kira’s mother.She refuses to get up,so its harder for them to lift her up.

“Go away!You too,Ki Woong!”

“Me?”

“Yup!I mean it!You should go find yourself a beautiful lady if you don’t want people to call you as a gay or what..There’s abundance of fish out there..Just go catch one!”

“I think Ki Woong understand that,omma..Let’s go!”

“No,no,no!He didn’t!You better get yourself a girl young man.Or else Im sure Im going to find some seriously psychotic woman for you!”

Kira was so shocked hearing that.Her mom even talk about the whole gay thing in front of Mrs Park!Now,what should she do?This is sure such a bless to have a mom who carefree like this.Just a few minutes later,her mom sleep in her lap.She keep point to the sky and everything eventhough she already asleep.The ahjussi of the shop in front of Ki Woong’s house came and took Mrs Han to her house.Fortunately,Ki Woong quickly went to his house and ask for his help.Kira apologise to Mrs Park and Ki Woong about her mom behaviour but Mrs Park seem okay with it.Maybe because she already know her bestfriend’s crazy behaviour.

***

After the whole messed,Ki Woong just sighing alone.‘This thing have been serious.Mrs Han even talk about Im being a gay in front of my own mom.I have to do something.I couldn’t just stand here and do nothing.It is good enough that mom told me that she understand the whole situation.Well,maybe she did now.But,what happen if Mrs Han told my mom when she is sober.My mom would be so sad to know that!No!I couldn’t let that happen.There’s only one solution though..And,Im going to use that!For sure!Find a girlfriend..’